Christian Terrorism - Round 2

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
I came across a well researched report of Christian Terrorism in the CURRENT DAY!

Source: Christian Terrorism Today

Most people mean Islam when talking about modern day terrorism but Christianity gets a free pass; at least in the Western media who are either complicit and/or ignorant of the goings on of terrorism in the name of the droopy corpse on a stick - jesus the charlatan!

Many liberals, who are too stupid to do any research on their own, keep talking about "Crusades, Inquisition, and other Christian atrocities" that occurred in the past. Although that is true, the bible-thumping ignoramuses conveniently sweep that under the carpet saying, "But... but that was hundreds of years ago! Look at the "peaceful" Christians today!"

The article above clearly shows, with ample proof, of the terrorism that Christians commit today.

A DMX'ian axiom comes to mind: "Da troof hurfs!" :D

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
Pretty desperate attempt scrape from the bottom of the barrel... a supposedly-christian group that killed a couple dozen people (despite the bible's requirement NOT to) is somehow equivalent to the countless amount by you-know-who.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Years before 911 a Christian group in California plotted to blow the largest above ground propane tanks in the U.S, and perhaps the world. The explosion would have killed thousands.

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
Years before 911 a Christian group in California plotted to blow the largest above ground propane tanks in the U.S, and perhaps the world. The explosion would have killed thousands.

Got a link/source for that? Never heard of it and have lived in CA all my life. LOL..

Also, not to mention the countless abortion clinic bombings/murders by christian fanatics - driven directly by their religious zealotry.

Nograts

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2014
hqdefault.jpg

Black Octagon

Golden Member
Dec 10, 2012
Pretty desperate attempt scrape from the bottom of the barrel... a supposedly-christian group that killed a couple dozen people (despite the bible's requirement NOT to) is somehow equivalent to the countless amount by you-know-who.

The Koran also says not to kill innocents. That's the point: 'Islamic' extremists are not real Muslims any more than these 'Christian' terrorists are real Christians.

The fact that this needs to be spelled out...

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
The Koran also says not to kill innocents. That's the point: 'Islamic' extremists are not real Muslims any more than these 'Christian' terrorists are real Christians.

Some would disagree, citing passages in both the Quran and Old Testament that seem pretty direct in commanding people to be put to death for religious transgressions.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm

And it's hardly surprising that these religious books would have this kind of message, given the historical context in which they were written.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Funny, I don't recall all the old people that go to church two house down plotting to cut my fucking head off.

Jaepheth

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2006
Pipe-bombing abortion clinics would've been a good example...

Is that still a thing? I haven't heard of it happening for awhile.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011

"Spelling out" indeed... The Koran no longer considers one "innocent" if he refuses to convert.

unixwizzard

Jan 17, 2013
Oh boy!

My next door neighbor is a Lutheran Minister. Maybe I need to buy some more guns to protect myself.. :hmm:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Got a link/source for that? Never heard of it and have lived in CA all my life. LOL..

Also, not to mention the countless abortion clinic bombings/murders by christian fanatics - driven directly by their religious zealotry.
Sarcasm?

Countless bombings? No. What happened was wrong, but there's no real comparison. Regarding Dcal, what can one say? It wasn't a group of people plotting to spread Christianity at the point of a gun. In fact it had nothing to do with religion of any kind, but a kind of crazy anarchism against the government, but then you quoted someone who thinks the Kim's of NK are the Salvation of Man, not the guy from the Bible that Christians worth the name emulate. The Hero of NK is very much against religion, to the point of murder far beyond any pro-Christ terrorism.

Tombstone1881

Aug 8, 2014
Pipe-bombing abortion clinics would've been a good example...

Is that still a thing? I haven't heard of it happening for awhile.

Conservative republicans have pretty much legislated them away.

It's hard to pipe-bomb something that no longer exists.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

In 2012, according to a report by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, in New York City there were more black fetuses aborted (31,328) than were born (24,758). There was a total of 73,815 abortions in 2012 in New York City; 42.4% were of black descent

Almost 74k legal abortions in NYC alone. If abortion facilities have been legislated away how did that happen? NYC is the only place? Many Republicans have tried to throw up road blocks to abortion without doubt and I don't agree with the tactics, however there are lots of "targets" yet available. Note whether it's a "clinic" or not, abortions are happening and the places doing them, the practitioners, and women having abortions could be bombed and they aren't.

Tombstone1881

Aug 8, 2014
73 Abortion Facilities Shut Down in 2014, 75% of Abortion Clinics Closed Since 1991
http://www.lifenews.com/2014/12/29/...014-75-of-abortion-clinics-closed-since-1991/

Last city abortion clinic could be shut down
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-abortion-clinic-transfer-agreement/17821871/

Situation In Texas Is 'Urgent' After 13 Abortion Clinics Close Overnight
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/03/texas-abortion-clinics_n_5927698.html

The Vanishing Abortion Clinic
http://forums.anandtech.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=37111794

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
And yet... for some reason it's far safer if Charlie Hedbo stuck to drawing Christ. Western governments don't cower in fear over burning bibles. There is no equivalency whatsoever and the countries of Western civilization are united in their absolute condemnation of such terrorism. You see, we don't have theocracies.

I may never of heard of some remote place in India, but you can be damn sure if I crossed paths with them I'd want our military to destroy those terrorists. Moreover, at least our Democrats wouldn't be tripping over themselves to protect them as a minority group. No... there'd be far more condemnation of Christian terrorism than you see of Muslim terrorism today.

The West is mature enough to police its own, to hold separation of church and state, and to condemn those who act with violence in the name of religion. The rest of the planet needs a stern shoulder and some tough love until they learn to join us in the 21st Century.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
OP seems to be blissfully unaware of Eric Rudolph, abortion clinic bombing, and the Catholic/Protestant/IRA terrorism if he thinks he needs to scrape the barrel with that. The difference is obvious: Christianity and Judaism do not encourage these violent acts against Gentiles/unbelievers in their doctrine, unlike Islam.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
73 Abortion Facilities Shut Down in 2014, 75% of Abortion Clinics Closed Since 1991
http://www.lifenews.com/2014/12/29/...014-75-of-abortion-clinics-closed-since-1991/

Last city abortion clinic could be shut down
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-abortion-clinic-transfer-agreement/17821871/

Situation In Texas Is 'Urgent' After 13 Abortion Clinics Close Overnight
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/03/texas-abortion-clinics_n_5927698.html

The Vanishing Abortion Clinic
http://forums.anandtech.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=37111794

Yet clinics exist and abortions happen, 73k in NYC alone. If Christian terrorists want to bomb over religion why hasn't it happened? Because they can't find NYC? Bin Laden could.

unixwizzard

Jan 17, 2013

So much stupidity in your statement I don't know where to begin. So I won't.

You sound like one of those nutroots who hate conservative Republicans because they do what people in a civilized society do, use the legislative process to push forth their agenda.. yet you admire those who fly airplanes into buildings, blow up trains and buses, kidnap, rape, torture, and behead innocents along with other acts of terror in hope of furthering their agenda - because they are freedom fighters who hate GW Bush as much as you do.

amirite?

Black Octagon

Golden Member
Dec 10, 2012
Some would disagree, citing passages in both the Quran and Old Testament that seem pretty direct in commanding people to be put to death for religious transgressions.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm

And it's hardly surprising that these religious books would have this kind of message, given the historical context in which they were written.

And others would point out that the website you just threw at me is gravely problematic, and instead point you to a discussion of this question by actual Islamic scholars.