Chirac: "Without Polynesia, France would not be the great power it is" (& it wasn't our nuke tests that gave you cancer)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: burnedout
Originally posted by: freegeeks

face it at the same table was also Woodrow Wilson. This was not a screw up from the French. This was a screw up from the allies (France, UK, Italy, USA).

Yep, and President Woodrow Wilson's main point was "self-determination" in Europe. David Lloyd George from the UK believed that the Germans should not be treated harshly. The greedy bastard of the conference was Clemenceau.

well maybe Clemencau was a greedy bastard but the treaty was signed by all the allies making the treaty a shared responsibility.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Corn
nope, that's what make me informed, something that definately can not be said of you

You heard it here folks, watching TV makes you informed. Just sit your fat ass infront of the tube and you can be just as "infomed" as freegeeks here, because you never know when the knowledge of every petty act done by any and every obscure politician may save your life one day.

If being "informed" of the most ridiculous and asinine behavior of any obscure politician (like Bob Ney and his congressional eatery commission) means that I must spend hours a day in front of the TV instead of having a successful career, stimulating and active home life with my wife, family, and friends, an affinity for spending an hour a day on my Moab (among other hobbies)--well then I suppose I will have remain ignorant of the petty antics of partisan politics and will just have to get through my life only on the knowledge of real newsworthy current events. I don't know how I'll manage though...........
rolleye.gif

you are right on one thing.

politicians who make from the name of fried potatoe a policy are scum. It's just nice to see that a republican member of congress makes time for this matter of national security and rename "The Potatoe[tm]". I bet the millions of hicks were very proud because of this true patriot.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: GuyDebordJudoClub
They forgot to say that the friend of Chirac who rules those islands is a mafioso...like his Don, our President.

Does anyone know how many innocents died because of US nuclear weapons?

How many people died because they did not surrender to Germany after a month?

glad you mention that.

When Poland was attacked, the French and the Brits had at least the courage to declare war to the NAZI. The US just stood at the sidelines and needed a little bit of encouragement in the form of torpedoes and bombs to join the fight.

I thought we were supposed to stay out of peoples business. Let's not forget bailing out the French in Vietnam. Over 58,000 Americans salute you for not giving up your precious little Vietnam. It seems like the US has a history of bailing out those ingrateful frenchies. Hell, a part of me wonders what it would have been like to secede it to Germany; but unlike alot of people I learned that apeasement does not work

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
They forgot to say that the friend of Chirac who rules those islands is a mafioso...like his Don, our President.

glad you mention that.

When Poland was attacked, the French and the Brits had at least the courage to declare war to the NAZI. The US just stood at the sidelines and needed a little bit of encouragement in the form of torpedoes and bombs to join the fight.

I thought we were supposed to stay out of peoples business. Let's not forget bailing out the French in Vietnam. Over 58,000 Americans salute you for not giving up your precious little Vietnam. It seems like the US has a history of bailing out those ingrateful frenchies. Hell, a part of me wonders what it would have been like to secede it to Germany; but unlike alot of people I learned that apeasement does not work

so now the French are also responsible for the lost Vietnam war. Did you ever heard of the Tonkin incident. The USA was looking for a way into Vietnam so they created this incident. What the hell do they give in history lesson at the other side of the ocean???

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Alistar7
nope, just pointing out the facts since everyone seems to consistently blame the US for that due to our relationship with Saddam in the mid 80's....

Ali, if you're just pointing out the facts, kindly explain the discrepancies that keep coming up whenever you state how many US countries were involved in supplying Iraq w/ WMDs. Everytime you make a claim, somebody calls you on it but you never address it after that.

link

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Gaard
Originally posted by: Alistar7
nope, just pointing out the facts since everyone seems to consistently blame the US for that due to our relationship with Saddam in the mid 80's....

Ali, if you're just pointing out the facts, kindly explain the discrepancies that keep coming up whenever you state how many US countries were involved in supplying Iraq w/ WMDs. Everytime you make a claim, somebody calls you on it but you never address it after that.

link

Yip, I made the same point and I'm still waiting .... and waiting .........

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

glad you mention that.

so now the French are also responsible for the lost Vietnam war. Did you ever heard of the Tonkin incident. The USA was looking for a way into Vietnam so they created this incident. What the hell do they give in history lesson at the other side of the ocean???

The staged Gulf of Tonkin incident....yes yes.....I see now. We jumped into the war just to kick some ass just because we were the mighty US of fvcking A. There was no underlying predication it was just stage an incident so we can go in.

I take it your history teacher was a liberal troll like some of the posters in P&N?

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001

glad you mention that.

The staged Gulf of Tonkin incident....yes yes.....I see now. We jumped into the war just to kick some ass just because we were the mighty US of fvcking A. There was no underlying predication it was just stage an incident so we can go in.

I take it your history teacher was a liberal troll like some of the posters in P&N?

rolleye.gif

in a nutshell - you jumped into Vietnam because the USA wanted to fight against communism --

so you are saying that the Tonkin incident never took place???

maybe your Right-Wing-Hick-Teacher told you a nice story about the noble US soldiers going over there to save the pansie French.

can you tell me that story please-I'm really interested what the Vietnam war was all about

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

glad you mention that.

rolleye.gif

in a nutshell - you jumped into Vietnam because the USA wanted to fight against communism --

maybe your Right-Wing-Hick-Teacher told you a nice story about the noble US soldiers going over there to save the pansie French.

can you tell me that story please-I'm really interested what the Vietnam war was all about

French IndoChina ring a bell?
?

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001

glad you mention that.

rolleye.gif

?

you didn't answer my question!!!

did the US went into Vietnam to save the French pansies, to physically save the French eurowimps in other words
A simple yes or no is enough

Thx

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

glad you mention that.

rolleye.gif

?

did the US went into Vietnam to save the French pansies, to physically save the French eurowimps in other words

Thx

Would they have had too had not the Vietnamese people sought freedom from being under the thumb and rule of smelly frenchmen?

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001

glad you mention that.

rolleye.gif

?

Thx

Would they have had too had not the Vietnamese people sought freedom from being under the thumb and rule of smelly frenchmen?

so you are saying that the USA went into Vietnam to liberate the people from these snail eating bastards?

just a YES or NO please

thx

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001

glad you mention that.

Give me a break, you have no room to talk about courage or who decided to confront Hitler after the invasion of Poland. Belgium declared its neutrality at the outbreak of war, was invaded 8 months later and surrendered in a couple of weeks after that. What courage that must have taken.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: jjones

glad you mention that.

Give me a break, you have no room to talk about courage or who decided to confront Hitler after the invasion of Poland. Belgium declared its neutrality at the outbreak of war, was invaded 8 months later and surrendered in a couple of weeks after that. What courage that must have taken.

dude

a small country like Belgium never had a chance against Germany. If the USA would had a confrontation with Germany in 1939-1940, you would have been spanked to death. Nobody could do something against the german war machine at that time. We mobilized 650.000 soldiers and fought what we were worth for.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
glad you mention that.

dude

a small country like Belgium never had a chance against Germany. If the USA would had a confrontation with Germany in 1939-1940, you would have been spanked to death. Nobody could do something against the german war machine at that time. We mobilized 650.000 soldiers and fought what we were worth for.
That's not the point and you know it. I can see you sticking up for France since they get a pretty hard bash around here. But the USA was across the pond from Europe's troubles and decidedly isolationist at the time, still being in the depths of the depression. When France and Britain declared war after the invasion of Poland, Switzerland, Sweden, Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg all declared neutrality. Then waited around to be invaded. I'm not slamming you, going up against Germany at that time was more than daunting. But don't slam the US for it's delayed role in the war either. That war took a lot of courage from a lot of countries, and individual courage from a lot of people, to put down that bastard Hitler, the Nazis, and the Japanese ( the Italians don't really count, you guys probably could have spanked them by yourselves :D ).

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
fencer and czar aside, it's a side day for all of continental europe when you have two fools, err...representatives from france and belgium obsessed with american politics and american conspiracy theories. The french or freedom fries saga, area 51, secret societies, the bush's dealings in the 1940s, and other popular cultures. It's also amazing that they would equate france with a great military power. I would put israel before france anyday. Nuclear weapons and their delivery mechanisms doesn't mean you are great in any respect.

anyhoo, these fools are quite entertaining, to say the least.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
glad you mention that.

dude

That's not the point and you know it. I can see you sticking up for France since they get a pretty hard bash around here. But the USA was across the pond from Europe's troubles and decidedly isolationist at the time, still being in the depths of the depression. When France and Britain declared war after the invasion of Poland, Switzerland, Sweden, Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg all declared neutrality. Then waited around to be invaded. I'm not slamming you, going up against Germany at that time was more than daunting. But don't slam the US for it's delayed role in the war either. That war took a lot of courage from a lot of countries, and individual courage from a lot of people, to put down that bastard Hitler, the Nazis, and the Japanese ( the Italians don't really count, you guys probably could have spanked them by yourselves :D ).

I agree with you that declaring neutrality was not the best thing to do. At that time our king was convinced that neutrality would be the best thing to do. Do some research about our history and you will see what the consequenses were for the decision of our king (after WW2 he lost the trone because of his decision).

I just can not stand that holier then everything attitude of SOME americans (Dari, Alistair7,...) here about the role of the USA in WW2 and the world in general. Yes, we are very thankfull for our liberation and so are the French but that doesn't mean that more then 50 years after date we have to agree with everything the USA is saying because they liberated us. In every thread Europeans have to face the "you better stfu because we saved your ass" attitude. It's ridiculous to say the least. Even your own politicians are using the same logic. I can tell you one thing, the more you guys are using this logic, the more Europeans are going to give you the middle finger. Do a search for the threads I start and compare them with people like Dari, Alistair7, ... I never start threads to bash the USA, they ONLY start threads to bash the French. If you read their posts it's like they single handed liberated Paris while in reality they are propably pimple faced nerds playing CS all day while screaming HEADSHOT"

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Dari
fencer and czar aside, it's a side day for all of continental europe when you have two fools, err...representatives from france and belgium obsessed with american politics and american conspiracy theories. The french or freedom fries saga, area 51, secret societies, the bush's dealings in the 1940s, and other popular cultures. It's also amazing that they would equate france with a great military power. I would put israel before france anyday. Nuclear weapons and their delivery mechanisms doesn't mean you are great in any respect.

anyhoo, these fools are quite entertaining, to say the least.

Dari,

It's you who is obsessed with France. Like I said before. Do a search on the threads I start about my "obsession about american culture" and the threads you start about your sick obsession about the French (and Europe in general). My 3 minutes search result

the lazy french

europeans are wuss

the french again

another one

gay french

and another one

so d*psh*t. Now you can find me some "bash the USA" threads I started. Who is the sick mofo here. Get some medical attention, you clearly need it

and to Alistair7

Me and other are still waiting for a response about your WMD numbers. You have this strange habit when you are confronted with these other numbers that you don't post anymore in the thread.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

Thx

Would they have had too had not the Vietnamese people sought freedom from being under the thumb and rule of smelly frenchmen?[/quote]

so you are saying that the USA went into Vietnam to liberate the people from these snail eating bastards?

just a YES or NO please

thx[/quote]

Pull up a chair and I will tell you what you obviously can't get by reading your liberal PC We love the Frenchies textbooks
European countries set up colonies and basically owned other countries...The UK and India is a well documented example that surely somebody with even an insanely low intellect should know about. France had one of these arrangements with Vietnam. Needless to say the Vietnamese like most people could not stand being around abunch of Frenchman and tried to get rid of them. The Frenchies said no and threw cheese at them. The Vietnamese started to fight back and big brother China decided to give them all the weapons and ammo they needed. The Frenchies screamed "Frappe mon cul poilu" Then received some gunfire then yelled "Wee Weee, Ich übergebe" when the Vietcong did not seem to understand and kept on firing. The Frenchies said somebody please help us, we are stupid little French people and were only trying to cling on to what little power we had left. The Gulf of Tonkin incident happened and the US said "Ok, we will help, but all you French people will have to leave because your stench is making my eyes water" They left and we got involved in the sh!t that is known as the Vietnam war.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001

Thx

just a YES or NO please

thx[/quote]

Pull up a chair and I will tell you what you obviously can't get by reading your liberal PC We love the Frenchies textbooks
European countries set up colonies and basically owned other countries...The UK and India is a well documented example that surely somebody with even an insanely low intellect should know about. France had one of these arrangements with Vietnam. Needless to say the Vietnamese like most people could not stand being around abunch of Frenchman and tried to get rid of them. The Frenchies said no and threw cheese at them. The Vietnamese started to fight back and big brother China decided to give them all the weapons and ammo they needed. The Frenchies screamed "Frappe mon cul poilu" Then received some gunfire then yelled "Wee Weee, Ich übergebe" when the Vietcong did not seem to understand and kept on firing. The Frenchies said somebody please help us, we are stupid little French people and were only trying to cling on to what little power we had left. The Gulf of Tonkin incident happened and the US said "Ok, we will help, but all you French people will have to leave because your stench is making my eyes water" They left and we got involved in the sh!t that is known as the Vietnam war.[/quote]

LOL

I see that you fail again to give me a simple yes or no answer.

I have another version. My liberal PCversion has little or nothing to do with the French but everything to do with the struggle against communism.

Read a good history book or maybe another forum member can explain why the USA got involved in Vietnam (and the cheese eating french had nothing or little to do with it)

you are a waste of time

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

Thx

just a YES or NO please

thx

European countries set up colonies and basically owned other countries...The UK and India is a well documented example that surely somebody with even an insanely low intellect should know about. France had one of these arrangements with Vietnam. Needless to say the Vietnamese like most people could not stand being around abunch of Frenchman and tried to get rid of them. The Frenchies said no and threw cheese at them. The Vietnamese started to fight back and big brother China decided to give them all the weapons and ammo they needed. The Frenchies screamed "Frappe mon cul poilu" Then received some gunfire then yelled "Wee Weee, Ich übergebe" when the Vietcong did not seem to understand and kept on firing. The Frenchies said somebody please help us, we are stupid little French people and were only trying to cling on to what little power we had left. The Gulf of Tonkin incident happened and the US said "Ok, we will help, but all you French people will have to leave because your stench is making my eyes water" They left and we got involved in the sh!t that is known as the Vietnam war.[/quote]

LOL

I have another version. My liberal PCversion has little or nothing to do with the French but everything to do with the struggle against communism.

Read a good history book or maybe another forum member can explain why the USA got involved in Vietnam (and the cheese eating french had nothing or little to do with it)

you are a waste of time[/quote]

Vous êtes aussi utile qu'un frein à main sur un canoe.

and yes one of the reasons was to stop the spread of communism which would not have happened had the Vietnamese tried to gain independence from the French....fair enough answer?

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001

Thx

just a YES or NO please

thx

European countries set up colonies and basically owned other countries...The UK and India is a well documented example that surely somebody with even an insanely low intellect should know about. France had one of these arrangements with Vietnam. Needless to say the Vietnamese like most people could not stand being around abunch of Frenchman and tried to get rid of them. The Frenchies said no and threw cheese at them. The Vietnamese started to fight back and big brother China decided to give them all the weapons and ammo they needed. The Frenchies screamed "Frappe mon cul poilu" Then received some gunfire then yelled "Wee Weee, Ich übergebe" when the Vietcong did not seem to understand and kept on firing. The Frenchies said somebody please help us, we are stupid little French people and were only trying to cling on to what little power we had left. The Gulf of Tonkin incident happened and the US said "Ok, we will help, but all you French people will have to leave because your stench is making my eyes water" They left and we got involved in the sh!t that is known as the Vietnam war.

LOL

you are a waste of time[/quote]

Vous êtes aussi utile qu'un frein à main sur un canoe.

and yes one of the reasons was to stop the spread of communism which would not have happened had the Vietnamese tried to gain independence from the French....fair enough answer?[/quote]

would you say that the danger of communism was by far the most important reason of do you still say that the most important reason was the ass saving of the Frenchies