Chirac: "Without Polynesia, France would not be the great power it is" (& it wasn't our nuke tests that gave you cancer)

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tlam617

Jun 24, 2003
2 words that the French use ALOT: "I surrender" hey what can i say? it is of no surprise.

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
<preach>
I like how all of you, specifically freegeeks make claims and back your irrational, nationalistic beliefs over emphasized, individual events and imagined patterns. You throw around nationalistic slurs like ignorant children.

<wet trout>

1) Both Chirac and Bush are extremely intelligent. If you think you could run either country better, run your fvking self. They?ve surrounded themselves with very capable people and the fact that they are world leaders defies the possibility that they are of anything other than above average intellect. Welcome to the western liberal democracies. (I think I?ve taken enough college government courses to say at least this with appropriate credentials. How many of you have been forced to write term papers on Chirac?) If this was China, your IP?s would all be logged and you?d all be in prison by now because of the filtration of their national proxy system.

2) Your historical anecdotes, while cute, are utterly pointless. I never liberated France, I never slammed planes into buildings, nor was I ever a citizen of a country invaded by the US. Live your own life, not the lives of others.

3) Behave objectively. Nationalism is gay. Fundamentalism (which nationalism is a form of), stops a thinking mind.

</preach>

I am an American who, first and foremost, is proud to be a contributing member of the global economy. My Bibles are the Declaration of American Independence, the Constitution of the United States. To each of these documents and the principles they stand for, ?with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, [I and every other so called ?American? should] pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.?
</wet trout>

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: acemcmac
<preach>
I like how all of you, specifically freegeeks make claims and back your irrational, nationalistic beliefs over emphasized, individual events and imagined patterns. You throw around nationalistic slurs like ignorant children.

<wet trout>

1) Both Chirac and Bush are extremely intelligent. If you think you could run either country better, run your fvking self. They?ve surrounded themselves with very capable people and the fact that they are world leaders defies the possibility that they are of anything other than above average intellect. Welcome to the western liberal democracies. (I think I?ve taken enough college government courses to say at least this with appropriate credentials. How many of you have been forced to write term papers on Chirac?) If this was China, your IP?s would all be logged and you?d all be in prison by now because of the filtration of their national proxy system.

2) Your historical anecdotes, while cute, are utterly pointless. I never liberated France, I never slammed planes into buildings, nor was I ever a citizen of a country invaded by the US. Live your own life, not the lives of others.

3) Behave objectively. Nationalism is gay. Fundamentalism (which nationalism is a form of), stops a thinking mind.

</preach>

I am an American who, first and foremost, is proud to be a contributing member of the global economy. My Bibles are the Declaration of American Independence, the Constitution of the United States. To each of these documents and the principles they stand for, ?with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, [I and every other so called ?American? should] pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.?
</wet trout>

how can I be nationalistic when I'm not even French
and because you wrote a paper about Chiraq makes you all of the sudden the one and only who can have an opinion on this matter???

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Gaard
When I first saw that this thread was back up on top, I thought for a second that Ali had come back to explain why himself. No such luch. ;)

hey, F U ;) so sorry I had to move the next day, how could I have put that ahead of listening to a bunch of asshats whine about the US and Bush...

I used the numbers provided by Iraq to the UN security council, if you have others or don't agree, take it up with the UN or Saddam.....

Or take a few minutes, do some google searching and find out that the EU is the major supplier for WMD in the ME, not too hard really, what might be your problem anyway?

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Alistar7
Originally posted by: Gaard
When I first saw that this thread was back up on top, I thought for a second that Ali had come back to explain why himself. No such luch. ;)

hey, F U ;) so sorry I had to move the next day, how could I have put that ahead of listening to a bunch of asshats whine about the US and Bush...

I used the numbers provided by Iraq to the UN security council, if you have others or don't agree, take it up with the UN or Saddam.....

Or take a few minutes, do some google searching and find out that the EU is the major supplier for WMD in the ME, not too hard really, what might be your problem anyway?

everyone can see your problem - YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER TO QUESTIONS

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
I answered them, you just ignore anything you do not agree with, namely the facts.

Youre just a whiny ass anti_s idiot who doesnt even have the brains to realize he is on an American site on the American Internet, thats right, the AMERICAN INTERNET. Do you think those lazy fools in the EU could have created this? So stay off the net, or at least off American sites if you hate the US so much. you're worse than the drunk at the bar cursing everyone for drinking.....

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
I answered them, you just ignore anything you do not agree with, namely the facts.

Youre just a whiny ass anti_s idiot who doesnt even have the brains to realize he is on an American site on the American Internet, thats right, the AMERICAN INTERNET. Do you think those lazy fools in the EU could have created this? So stay off the net, or at least off American sites if you hate the US so much. you're worse than the drunk at the bar cursing everyone for drinking.....

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001

finally, the man behind Alistair7
now we all now what kind of person you really are

btw: the WWW was invented in Switserland (CERN) by europeans

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: freegeeks

Yes, and that was based off of ARPANet, a US military project.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Orsorum

Yes, and that was based off of ARPANet, a US military project.

rolleye.gif
did I say somewhere that it was not - I'm only saying that a part of the internet was invented in Europe, nothing more.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
rolleye.gif
did I say somewhere that it was not - I'm only saying that a part of the internet was invented in Europe, nothing more.

You implied it.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Orsorum
rolleye.gif

You implied it.

ddjjeeezzuudd - waht is wrong with you people ???

I IMPLIED nothing, maybe it's my inferior knowledge of the english that make you think that

for the record.

DISCLAIMER - I'M NOT IMPLYING THAT THE WHOLE INTERNET WAS INVENTED IN EUROPE (UNLIKE ALISTAIR7). THE ONLY THING THAT I IMPLY IS THAT THE WWW WAS DEVELOPED IN SWITSERLAND BY A COUPLE OF DUDES WORKING AT THE CERN INSTITUTE.

good enough for you???

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

just wow..... wow.... you realy are something