China puts missles, fighter jets in disputed islands

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Chinese companies? American companies? You misunderstand the very nature of multinational conglomerates. They seek to transcend any national loyalties whatsoever. Many already have.
Plus they are RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Personally I don't feel threatened. Interesting that China controls the Panama Canal but that doesn't appear to scare you. I don't understand why you would think the most capitalist nation on earth (China) would want to impede trade which it is so dependent on.

Last time I check, Panama is still the owner of the canal but china is the one that claims SOLE ownership of 90% of international body of water of SCS. No nation on Earth is that greedy or stupid. Just in case that you did not know, a few months ago, UN/World Court declared that china does not have any validity to claim anything in SCS. Period. Facts are facts.

I said what I need to say and backed up my assertions with multiple links/articles from different sources. Stay tuned and we will see which china will becoming.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
The US for the last century has been the arbiter of border disputes, by way of the strongest military. China seems to have forgotten that, I'm just saying that it is my opinion, that we settle it for them, as we've done for the rest of the world. That's how I'm drawing the analogy.

I think the best solution is to draw the map, broadcast the map, and set a countdown for everybody to abide by it, if the clocks strikes zero, America moves in, and moves you out. Period.

You still do not get it, don't you? Remember how the US wanted to stay neutral during WWII and did not want to get involved in fighting the Axis? It lasted for several years then what happened? We all know by now how let them folks fight it out by themselves over there and leave us alone here turned out in WWII. All bullshit warmongering too eh?

What's that old saying? Those that ignore history are doom to repeat it.

Keep bury your head in the sand and scream "it is not our problem".

Absolute comical since that's what the Germans thought.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
China makes an awesome boogeyman.
Communists? Check
Looks different? Check
Not Christian? Check

I am very grateful for China and the crap they pull.
Lots of platforms in the US arsenal that need to be replaced and its hard to justify funding without a proper boogeyman. Bunch of civilians\militia brown people conflicts we've been dealing with, while great for keeping the "Celebrate all things Military" attitude alive does not pay the bills.

Best of all, economic entanglements internationally and cultural limitations within Chinese society means they are a stable boogeyman that can adapt to our domestic political needs for years to come.

Disclaimer: I'm not being sarcastic.

Gotta get a piece of that lucrative white welfare while the getting's still good.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
WW2_Iwo_Jima_flag_raising.jpg

There is your answer.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
More like this.... oh look at all the pretty mushrooms.....

atom.jpg

War between nuclear powers is not a viable option. It is extremely dangerous to humanity when people pretend that it is.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

atom.jpg

War between nuclear powers is not a viable option. It is extremely dangerous to humanity when people pretend that it is.

Just a heads up he's one of the tools useful for procuring more white welfare.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011

atom.jpg

Let's give them what they want then, it's a danger to humanity to otherwise resist.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Let's give them what they want then, it's a danger to humanity to otherwise resist.

Just a heads up the art of getting what you can is call diplomacy, which you might recall from above, and it's an important enough field to support professional careers because dummy tools rather suck at it.

Reactions: MajinCry

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Just a heads up the art of getting what you can is call diplomacy, which you might recall from above, and it's an important enough field to support professional careers.

Queue up Colin Powell's talk on hard and soft power. Border disputes and a military going through wartime levels of growth is not interested in diplomacy.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Queue up Colin Powell's talk on hard and soft power. Border disputes and a military going through wartime levels of growth is not interested in diplomacy.

A big stick is just one tool for getting what you want/can. Though in the case of greedy rural mericans the big stick is also their way out of the poor house, so it's understandable why they might liken it to Jesus.

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
Why would you even want war? Rhetorical question; war is good if you like being able to rape and murder with impunity, then getting a pat on the back if you return.

Fuck man, I thought tribalism was something of the past, and peace was what the west aspires towards. Not more rape, slaughter and destruction.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Why would you even want war? Rhetorical question; war is good if you like being able to rape and murder with impunity, then getting a pat on the back if you return.

Fuck man, I thought tribalism was something of the past, and peace was what the west aspires towards. Not more rape, slaughter and destruction.

I have noticed a decided ratchet in the war mongering rhetoric of the media as of late. Trying to stir up trouble and conflict.... I sometimes wonder if the military-industrial complex attempts to incite violence in the international arena to justify their existence.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Latest news, china is putting weapons on those faked islands even after it said it won't militarized the area = http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...-full-color?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=world

Trust commie china at your own risk. Just ask the people Tibet, Inner Mongolia, and East Turk how trustworthy china is. Ask the people of Vietnam and Philippines how peaceful commie china is after how china behaved at Paracel in 1974, Spratly in 1988, and Scarborough Shoal in 2013.

Last edited:

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011

Ask China, the USA is a peacemaker, responding to the aggressive actions of another nation is not wanting war. That's like asking a cop why he wants to shoot criminals, they don't, but they will if they must.

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
Ask China, the USA is a peacemaker, responding to the aggressive actions of another nation is not wanting war. That's like asking a cop why he wants to shoot criminals, they don't, but they will if they must.

Peacemaker? You might want to lay off the propaganda. The US has been doing a bunch of evil shit for ages.

From raping civilians en masse in Vietnam, to installing Batista so that Cuba would be nothing more than a large den of sex slavery for rich white American men, to overthrowing Chilean democracy and installing Pinochet as a murderous dictator, to raping Okinawan women near the US military bases...Etc. etc., calling the US a peacemaker is just to parrot American propaganda.

The police metaphor is rather quaint. Sure a cop may not want to shoot criminals, but if they're black or red, it's time to get the dogs; it's hunting season.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

That's why the Germans started ww2, too, responding to the allies aligning with Poland to threaten a 2-front war.

But hey, we're the good guys, right? Not the sort to kill a bunch of low status brownies to rationalize gubmint handouts.

Reactions: MajinCry

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
1) Almost nobody gives a shit
2) Even if anyone does in fact give a shit the only country that could do anything about it is us
3) We don't give a shit.
4) Even if we did give a shit it's a lame duck president who would choose to wait and hand it over to Trump rather than do anything to tarnish his unbroken streak of being China's bitch.
5) We don't give a shit.

The end.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
1) Almost nobody gives a shit
2) Even if anyone does in fact give a shit the only country that could do anything about it is us
3) We don't give a shit.
4) Even if we did give a shit it's a lame duck president who would choose to wait and hand it over to Trump rather than do anything to tarnish his unbroken streak of being China's bitch.
5) We don't give a shit.

The end.

And to expand on that a bit.... sometimes it is OK not to give a shit.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I thought Duterte sold those islands to China? Haven't heard a peep from the Philippines about them since he took office.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I thought Duterte sold those islands to China? Haven't heard a peep from the Philippines about them since he took office.

He hasn't, yet, because PH is only controlling a portion of those islands/islets in the area but he is more friendly toward china than his predecessor (who sued china in UN/World Court in 2013 and received a verdict against china a few months ago). Right now, china is still in charge of the Scarborough Shoal after they used intimidation and lies to steal from PH a couple years ago but PH fisherman are allow to fish there, for now.