Charts that prove this is a better world than ever.

Jul 9, 2009
Just thought i'd post this article that really should make everyone that reads it a little bit happier and more satisfied with life as we know it here on this world.

From poverty to clean water to life expectancy to war deaths to pollution to literacy rates etc. etc. etc. Things are getting better and we live in an improving world.

• Haha
Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Yes, toot that horn for Trump's re-election. How quickly you forgot the absolute horrors of the American economy under Obama. Nothing has materially changed for the better, of course, but you still have a job to do. Meanwhile....
You see, for all the Americans left behind, your incumbent is an obstacle to their happiness. Trump did his job as a con man, and people dared to hope for change with him. Those lies will not work twice, not from the same man. Not from the incumbent who has failed them. You'd have a better job holding power if you impeached Trump and let Pence sign a different tune.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Just thought i'd post this article that really should make everyone that reads it a little bit happier and more satisfied with life as we know it here on this world.

From poverty to clean water to life expectancy to war deaths to pollution to literacy rates etc. etc. etc. Things are getting better and we live in an improving world.
I know. It is all the result of the growth of liberal thinking.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017

Thanks to your link my computer just contracted the ILOVEYOU virus. I really don't blame you though, I should have known better than to click a link you posted.

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Sounds a bit like Stephen "most annoying man in the world" Pinker's thesis. It's clearly got substantial truth to it, but (a) you can't just blindly extrapolate trends like Russel's inductivist Turkey, and (b) those who push that line are often opposed to the things that drive those changes.

Here's an interesting chart as well. The blue line shows the graph usually promoted by the Panglossians like Pinker, the green line shows the same data in absolute terms

1569580696059.png

Source: “From Poverty to Power,” Muheed Jamaldeen. via https://patternsofmeaning.com/2018/...e-fatally-flawed-these-eight-graphs-show-why/

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Doesn't matter, people like @Jhhnn will still always look at things from a comparative positioning perspective. You could make everyone in the U.S. millionaires and he'd still be angry and yelling at clouds that company founders were billionaires. So long as someone else has more money than him then he'll never be happy and will want to take it away from them.

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014

Doesn't matter to the libtards. If they can't convince people they're miserable they'll never get elected.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Liberals made it seem like the sky would be falling today if Trump won, it was part of their FUD to try and keep him out of the Whitehouse. Well, he won, they are faced with two options today, admit that things aren't bad with Trump in office or double down on their FUD and invent a world where everything is terrible and keep telling themselves that. Guess which path they took?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I find 2 things funny about all these charts.

1. They start out by trashing Greta Thunberg. As if that has anything to do with their premise.
2. I would not have dawned on them to produce these charts in 2016. Post 2016 shows no deviation in the trends.

Quick we have to figure out a way to justify Trump.

PS - Other funny things are the sidebar articles. Still trying to protect the criminal in chief.

Reactions: pmv

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Perhaps we’re following the GOP playbook under Obama? Except, you chuds are just so much more easily gaslit than liberals.

Hard truth—productivity gains over the past 30 years have shot through the roof, but income growth is hyper concentrated to the top 10%.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Doesn't matter, people like @Jhhnn will still always look at things from a comparative positioning perspective. You could make everyone in the U.S. millionaires and he'd still be angry and yelling at clouds that company founders were billionaires. So long as someone else has more money than him then he'll never be happy and will want to take it away from them.
Come on. I bet it's just that no matter how much money you have you will always worry somebody is going to steal it, a feeling that would be easily explained if you had been robbed of something precious to you as a child, like your childhood innocence and joy of being. And maybe the same thing happened to him. So there you are, him trying to get back what was taken and you, trying desperately to not lose any more.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Doesn't matter to the libtards. If they can't convince people they're miserable they'll never get elected.

lol, dummy. what the fuck was Bannon/Trump's "American Horror!" Inauguration propaganda about, then?

The entire purpose of the contemporary GOP is to terrify the American people into thinking the US is a crime-ridden hellhole of abortion moms and blackies on welfare. It's in the fucking party charter, ffs.

Reactions: Vic and gradoman

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
How about this chart?
Monthly-Federal-Budget-Deficit-2014-2019-February.jpg

We were supposed to get jobs with this supply side move but instead we got stock buy backs.
image.jpg