Votes: 17 47.2%
  • 49ers

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I'm going with the teams I want to win, as that mostly worked out this past weekend. I wanted the chiefs, rams, 49'ers to win.. Didn't care who won the other game

So I'll go:

Chiefs
Rams

Reactions: Captante

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Chiefs and Rams Super Bowl should be what happens....but San Fran knows how to play the Rams.

I luuuuuv Lord Burrow but the Chiefs are the Chiefs
Chiefs vs 9ers REMATCH.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
You guys certainly wouldn't want Burrow to win, because I would be insufferably effusive in my praise and I got a load of memes and statements locked and loaded, such as:
Burrow is The One
Chase was the prophet
Burrow was crucified and killed by Washington for Cincy's sins of the past and was reborn.
He's a mentally tougher fusion of Tom Brady and Drew Brees
He is The Prodigy
He is the new King of the (AFC) North

You all have been warned.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
You guys certainly wouldn't want Burrow to win, because I would be insufferably effusive in my praise and I got a load of memes and statements locked and loaded, such as:
Burrow is The One
Chase was the prophet
Burrow was crucified and killed by Washington for Cincy's sins of the past and was reborn.
He's a mentally tougher fusion of Tom Brady and Drew Brees
He is The Prodigy
He is the new King of the (AFC) North

You all have been warned.

I heard similar things about Boomer... Now boomer is just another word for big turd.

• Haha

Saylick

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2012
Brain says Rams vs. Chiefs but heart wants 49ers vs. Bengals.

If the Bengals beat the Chiefs, I wouldn't even care if we lost to the Bengals. Joe Burrow would deserve it and I can sleep easy with that.

Reactions: Captante and dank69

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Whatever you think and whatever you want, it's determined on the field and next Sunday.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
I hope the Bengals beat the Chiefs, but that's not due to the Bills game. 49ers and Rams? Don't care all that much. I guess go Rams, since the 9ers have a bunch of rings already.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Whatever you think and whatever you want, it's determined on the field and next Sunday.

The term "Any Given Sunday" comes from the world of American football, where the majority of games are played on Sundays. The term is a shortened version of "On any given Sunday, any team can beat any other team".

This is true in all sports but especially so in the modern "parity" NFL.

The difference between the best and the worst teams in pro foorball is a lot smaller then most people believe.

Reactions: dank69

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I hope the Bengals beat the Chiefs, but that's not due to the Bills game. 49ers and Rams? Don't care all that much. I guess go Rams, since the 9ers have a bunch of rings already.
9ers rings this year would be greater than all the ones before. They were never the underdog they have been this year. OTOH, the Rams had a fire sale in their all out effort to do it now, getting Stafford, Miller and Beckham Jr. They have even resorted to refusing to sell tickets to people who live outside the L.A. metro area for Sunday's game so they can max out the home crowd advantage. But the 9ers are used to adversity this season and have risen to the occasion when necessary and in ways nobody could anticipate. You don't care all that much? OK.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
9ers rings this year would be greater than all the ones before. They were never the underdog they have been this year. OTOH, the Rams had a fire sale in their all out effort to do it now, getting Stafford, Miller and Beckham Jr. They have even resorted to refusing to sell tickets to people who live outside the L.A. metro area for Sunday's game so they can max out the home crowd advantage. But the 9ers are used to adversity this season and have risen to the occasion when necessary and in ways nobody could anticipate. You don't care all that much? OK.
I really don't. But you should be happy in the fact that if anyone can do it, the 9ers can. They've done it twice already.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I really don't. But you should be happy in the fact that if anyone can do it, the 9ers can. They've done it twice already.
They are this year's Cinderella team. They have transformed themselves mid-season from oh, no, not again into OMG finally, the decades' disappointment in not achieving former glory is evaporating, pinch me.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
They are this year's Cinderella team. They have transformed themselves mid-season from oh, no, not again into OMG finally, the decades' disappointment in not achieving former glory is evaporating, pinch me.
They've been to the Super Bowl more recently than the Rams. I wouldn't call this a Cinderella team. That would be the Bengals, if any of the remaining teams count.

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
Rams and Chiefs with Chiefs winning Super Bowl. Honestly, if the games are as exciting as the Bills/Chiefs, I wouldn't care who won.

• Love
Reactions: Ken g6

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
They've been to the Super Bowl more recently than the Rams. I wouldn't call this a Cinderella team. That would be the Bengals, if any of the remaining teams count.
With the way the NFL is these days what happened last year (or any other previous year) doesn't matter. What matters is how they are ranked this year, and by that metric SF is the underdog by far.

Reactions: Muse

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
With the way the NFL is these days what happened last year (or any other previous year) doesn't matter. What matters is how they are ranked this year, and by that metric SF is the underdog by far.

IDK.... I'm only mildly surprised the 49'ers are in the NFC championship game even with all the injuries.

The NFC west is strong top to bottom.... Pheonix might be the WORST of the bunch!

The "Bungals" (sorry its their rep) on the other hand despite winning their division haven't won a thing in a long time and have a storied history of foolish signings and dirty play in big games.

NONE of the above (except for not ever winning) actually applies to Joe Burrow and the current team btw... they are 100% the surprise/underdog/cinderella team this season.

EDIT: Looks like the current Rams/Niners spread is 3.5 (LA favored) & over/under 46.5. I've been picking the Rams all season so I'll stay with them but I'm leaning towards SF being the real "favorite" on Sunday.

Last edited:

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
I'm not saying they're not underdogs to the Rams, but they're no Cinderella team.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I'm not saying they're not underdogs to the Rams, but they're no Cinderella team.
49ers were behind the Rams and the Cardinals in their division, had to win their last regular season game at the Rams and have been on the road the last 3 games, all must-win. "No Cinderella team?" :rolleyes: Well, if not, then there is no Cinderella team this year. The other 3 surviving teams won their division.

Plus, the Rams don't want any of those poor bedraggled lowly 49ers fans in their stadium Sunday... not unless they are in uniform and on the roster. :(

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Captante and dank69

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
49ers were behind the Rams and the Cardinals in their division, had to win their last regular season game at the Rams and have been on the road the last 3 games, all must-win. "No Cinderella team?" :rolleyes: Well, if not, then there is no Cinderella team this year. The other 3 surviving teams won their division.

Plus, the Rams don't want any of those poor bedraggled lowly 49ers fans in their stadium Sunday... not unless they are in uniform and on the roster. :(
Again, the 9ers swept the Rams and were in the Super Bowl two years ago. Calling them a Cinderella team is a joke.

Reactions: zinfamous