Cancelled

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Cancelled.

Be a nerd and be a part of the first annual Live ATOT NFL Mock draft

We take 32 people who think they are Mel Kiper and have a 3-4 round mock draft. This would be a live draft and each person is on the clock just like during the real thing. It takes a person who is willing to research the team they chose and the players coming out. Each owner can have a second team as long as that team is available.

At the end all of ATOT is going to get a chance to vote (poll) on who had the best draft. I'll put up an authentic team jersey (of the winner's choice) to the 1st place vote getter, and either a ballcap or $20 paypal to the 2nd place contestant. What other free to enter contest has cool prizes?

Details

Draft is 6:30pm CST on Thursay, April 26th. First round is 4 minutes, rounds 2-3 are 3 minutes each pick. See Offical Draft Site for more details.

Contestants must register at this site. All visitors are welcome to watch. Results of the draft will be posted here right after draft completion and run until midnight this Friday. The vote for the best drafts will be taken HERE on ATOT, in this thread.

I may need another person to help me commission the draft. If you are interested, send me a PM and let me know your schedule.

Reserved Teams:

Dallas Cowboys and Detroit Lions -- wyvrn
Jacksonville Jaguars -- alkoholLik
Philly Eagles -- mwmorph
NO Saints and Tampa Bay Bucs -- SpanishFry
NE Patriots and Buffalo Bills-- bowdenball
NY Football Giants and NY Jets -- Rockinacoustic
Pittsburg Steelers and Arizona Cardinals - sao123
Washington Redskins and Baltimore Ravens -- Doboji
San Diego Chargers and Minny Vikings-- miniMunch
Miami Dolphins -- Heller91
Atlanta Falcons and Oakland Raiders -- LeiZaK
Cincinatti Bengals -- Andy22
Indy Colts -- joshmroest
San Fran 49ers -- Chewy
Carolina Panthers -- vrbaba
Cleveland Browns -- AZgamer
Denver Broncos - *Phoenix

We are getting CLOSER!! Cmon we almost there!!! The Superbowl runner-ups are still available.

Just THREE easy steps to getting your team.

1) Post here or PM me with your team choice from the remaining teams on the front page.
2) Go to my homepage and signup for access to the Live draft thread. It takes less than a minute to complete.
3) Spend some time looking at draft sites to get yourself familiar. ESPN, USAToday, CNNSI, CBS Sportsline, SportingNews, and NFL Draft Countdown are some good sites to get you started. I have also posted some resources at the draft forum site for beginners.

Teams available

Houston Texans
Kansas City Chiefs
Tennessee Titans
Chicago Bears
Seattle Seahawks
St Louis Rams
Green Bay Packers

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006
id be interested in doing it but I would prefer to choose the team I as drafting for. I am a Jaguars fan but live in NY so I am also familiar with the Jets and Giants.

i really have no interest in doing research for a team like the steelers, cowboys, 49ers, dolphins, etc

mwmorph

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2004
When wil lthis be held? If the time is right, I've got dibs on the Eagles! I wouldnt even eed to do any research.

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Well if people have specific choices we can accomodate them. But the problem is some teams may not get picked, and we need a rep from each team to work the draft. I can pick up an extra team but not more than 1.

BTW, I have the Cowboys.

BTW we would probably do this in February, giving each person about a month to prepare for the draft. We can vote on a specific time later (probably end up being a weekend)

habib89

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
maybe someone can set up a chat room or something so we all can watch.... i don't know enough to participate, but i'd watch a round or two

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
I''ll do it. I'm a Niner's fan living in Pittsburgh for the present. I'm probably best suited to draft for the Steelers but I'll take whatever team.

OP: So how is this draft going to work precisely...are we going to have a thread or are you going to set up a website or what?

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Yes, a chat room or some place that others can view what is going on. I too am very interested in Football but do not have the time it would take to do the research. But I would definitely like to see this in action!

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Originally posted by: miniMUNCH
I''ll do it. I'm a Niner's fan living in Pittsburgh for the present. I'm probably best suited to draft for the Steelers but I'll take whatever team.

OP: So how is this draft going to work precisely...are we going to have a thread or are you going to set up a website or what?

There will be rules involved. For example, to make sure that people are sticking to the timeline, people will need to have 3 picks ready. When it comes 2 spots before your pick, you have to send in your 3 players. In case you get disconnected, then I can make the pick for you. If a person's time runs out and they have not shown up, I will make the pick for them.

edit: we are going to do the draft here so that ATOT can watch. This thread will be informational and have the vote on best draft after complete. I will start an actual draft thread in a different topic or in some sort of chat room. Details on that to come later..

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Originally posted by: miniMUNCH

You draft the niners... Ill draft the steelers.

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
ok getting more serious. If you particpate and have one of the top 2 drafts, as voted on by ATOT, you get money paypalled to your account. Come join!

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Originally posted by: tfinch2
I'll take the Houston Texans

Can we make trades with other teams as well?

GREAT question. Yes we will have trades. No players, just picks. You can use picks from this year or next only. So for an example:

Dallas trades it's first and second to move up in the draft and get Pittsburg's selection.

All trades will have to be done within the clock time and submitted to me, the commissioner, before the clock winds down.

edit: If you have 2 teams, you are not allowed to make trades between the 2 teams without prior approval from the commissioner. I may put this up to a vote of all owners if I want.

SpanishFry

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2001
hmm...where are all of the other NFL nerds?

Doboji = Redskins
KrunchyKrome = Ravens
Waggy = Bears ?

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
Yes, a chat room or some place that others can view what is going on. I too am very interested in Football but do not have the time it would take to do the research. But I would definitely like to see this in action!

check your pm

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Originally posted by: kmr1212

Doboji = Redskins
KrunchyKrome = Ravens
Waggy = Bears ?

I sent them pms. Let's see if they want to join.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: kmr1212

Doboji = Redskins
KrunchyKrome = Ravens
Waggy = Bears ?

HEY! i take offense at that! im no nerd...sniff. now my feelings are hurt.

i'm not in. i have no clue who the college players are this year. havent got to see much college games.

oh and GO BEARS! superbowl winners this year! yeah!

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
If I can offer up an opinion, I think we should only do a 3 round (day 1 draft)
Picks beyond that are pretty much too hard to guage.