Canada robbed in Pairs Figure skating?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Have you heard me complaining? We're having a discussion here. I don't see how you can call it whining.

I'm sure if one of the members of ATOT made a post about how their house got broken into, you wouldn't go into that thread and call them all a bunch of whiners.

Nothing was stolen from me personally, but I think when a major issue such as judge tampering at the olympics comes up, it's definitely a topic worthy of discussion.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

<< but I still know that something went seriously awry and should be done about it. There is nothing whiney about that. >>

Yeah, get rid of the sport from the Olympics all together. Aside from that what else can be done..well except for blubbering in your Molson's about it.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

<< Yeah, get rid of the sport from the Olympics all together. Aside from that what else can be done..well except for blubbering in your Molson's about it. >>

You're starting to remind me of when Gore lost...

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Throw a hissy fit that Harvey Silverstien would be proud of... well that's what the Canadians are doing.
>>

You can bet the Americans would be "whining" even more. It would be whining if the whole thing was negligible, but it was totally obvious to everyone. They even make news stories about this...it's not not about the Canadians complaining that their skaters didn't win. In this case, they should've won. :p

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

<< I'm sure if one of the members of ATOT made a post about how their house got broken into, you wouldn't go into that thread and call them all a bunch of whiners.Nothing was stolen from me personally >>

What's your point..besides the one on top of your head?

<< You're starting to remind me of when Gore lost... >>

And all those who told the Gore supporters to get on with their lives and stop sniveling.

Look this is just my opinion. I don't expect you guys from the Frozen Tundra up North to agree with it (nor do I care)

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<<

<< but I still know that something went seriously awry and should be done about it. There is nothing whiney about that. >>

Yeah, get rid of the sport from the Olympics all together. Aside from that what else can be done..well except for blubbering in your Molson's about it.
>>

For once Red Dawn, STFU!!;) I know it's not up to your usual high standards in sports like snot ball shooting, cow tipping, and pony-tail fly swatting, but this IS a legitamate sport whether you like it or not. Those Canadians WORKED THEIR ASSES OFF training for the Olympics. They got out on the ice and performed flawlessly. The Russian faultered on his landing and then three of the judges still gave both teams 5.8 in technical merits.

I don't care how much you despise the "prancing fairies," but it doesn't take much of a brain to figure out that something is fishy here...and it isn't Hillary Clinton's crotch.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
My point is that everyone here is having a discussion about possible judge tampering in the olympics (which isn't unlikely), and you are coming in here saying that we are all whiners. You are wrong. That is my point.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

<< " but it doesn't take much of a brain to figure out that something is fishy here...and it isn't Hillary Clinton's crotch. >>

Lucky for you because after that Hillary Clinton Remark it's obvious that you haven't much of a brain.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

<< And all those who told the Gore supporters to get on with their lives and stop sniveling. >>

Yeah, it took you even a few days to get to grips with it I seem to recall.

<< Look this is just my opinion. I don't expect you guys from the Frozen Tundra up North to agree with it (nor do I care)
>>

So stop posting and put your money where your mouth is.

If it was "whining", the ISU would not be conducting an investigation

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

<< Yeah, it took you even a few days to get to grips with it I seem to recall. >>

Your recall is flawed.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

<<

<< Yeah, it took you even a few days to get to grips with it I seem to recall. >>

Your recall is flawed.
>>

Well since your reasoning in this thread is, lets call it even.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<<

<< " but it doesn't take much of a brain to figure out that something is fishy here...and it isn't Hillary Clinton's crotch. >>

Lucky for you because after that Hillary Clinton Remark it's obvious that you haven't much of a brain.
>>

Don't you just love it...this coming from a man that gets his kicks off flaming people then posting links to SomethingAwful.com to show his interpretation of them.

Classic
rolleye.gif

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I'll do you one better Skoorb.. you're right. The Canadian Figure Prancers were robbed. Nationalistic judging.. an Olympic tradition.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

<< I'll do you one better Skoorb.. you're right. The Canadian Figure Prancers were robbed. Nationalistic judging.. an Olympic tradition. >>

Thanks, Reddawn. That's all we wanted to hear :D