Can someone prove that god exists?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
Originally posted by: Pokito
Originally posted by: jagec
Do you really think that history would be full of as much strife and turmoil if such things were possible to prove, one way or the other?

You're either a troll, or immature, if you really think on that level. Read a book or two.
There is no facts that god exists not a single one and still millions of humans belive cuz they were growing with this idea, thats the problem.

Originally posted by: Drakkon
can you prove god doesn't exist?
The imposability to prove he exists automatically proves hes does not exists.

LMFAO

Hahahahahahahahahaha
Maybe he's DVK916? Or whatever that guy's name was. "I'm open-minded...I just think everyone who believes in God should be dead."

Naw, DVK916 was smarter.

Pokito

Banned
Jul 17, 2006
Originally posted by: KillyKillall
It's called faith. Like the above said, read a book.
If no one proven god exists why i read books if answer not there anyway?

I can't prove any quantum physics theories, does that mean that they're all wrong?
Thats because world community already proven this and millions agree with it, no one proved god exists.

Some humans faith in horoscopes to and its proven to be false why can we prove existance of god is false cuz there is no single fact of his existance?

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Not only is there no proof that "God" exists, there is no evidence whatsoever to indicate that any kind of deity exists.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

You fail at simple logic. (And spelling, and English)

KillyKillall

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2004
It's called faith. Like the above said, read a book.
If no one proven god exists why i read books if answer not there anyway?

I can't prove any quantum physics theories, does that mean that they're all wrong?
Thats because world community already proven this and millions agree with it, no one proved god exists.

Some humans faith in horoscopes to and its proven to be false why can we prove existance of god is false cuz there is no single fact of his existance?

Wrong, they disproved the opposites in most cases. No one sees planets 4 solar systems away, but does that mean that they don't exist? I'm not arguing God here, I'm arguing your logic that if someone can't prove it that it doesn't exist.

Pokito

Banned
Jul 17, 2006
Originally posted by: Amused

Ok i lay it simpler for you, as one good man told.
Originally posted by: So
Burden of proof lies with the person claiming something exists. It always has, and it always will...
So if you (anybody) claim he exists then prove he exists or else i will think you'r lier.

And those who belive in something NO BODY seen are fools.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004

a) You have "proof" that all horoscopes are false? Wow, show me this proof, I'd love to see it. The most you can hope for is statistics...which are telling, but which certainly aren't proof.

b) You have a collection of every fact in the universe, and are thus able to judge that none of them pertain to God? Once again, amazing! Please give me access to this amazing treasure trove of knowledge.

Or, more likely

c)You're yet another immature, diehard high school atheist who doesn't see the irony of how closely the "proof" of his beliefs resembles the "proofs" held by the religious people he vilifies.

In one sense, I admire the diehard atheists, because they have a rock-solid belief that they stick to, even though they themselves scoff at the concept of basing your life around beliefs. The duality of it must be difficult to juggle with the scientific objectivity that most of them purport.

But realistically, the agnostics have a much more reasonable point of view.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

Ok i lay it simpler for you, as one good man told.
Originally posted by: So
Burden of proof lies with the person claiming something exists. It always has, and it always will...
So if you (anybody) claim he exists then prove he exists or else i will think you'r lier.

And those who belive in something NO BODY seen are fools.

That's not what you said. You said the fact that no one can prove it exists is proof of non-existence. That is not logical. Can you figure out why?

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

No shat almost had a cranium rupture reading that post :D

Ausm

Pokito

Banned
Jul 17, 2006
That's not what you said. You said the fact that no one can prove it exists is proof of non-existence. That is not logical. Can you figure out why?
Well use your brain if no body can prove what hes saying is true then its not true so if they say it exists and cant prove it then its lie and it dont exists. got it?

E.G. I say "George bush got assplug in his ass" if i cant prove it and its obviously false it means it is not there.

KillyKillall

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2004
Well use your brain if no body can prove what hes saying is true then its not true so if they say it exists and cant prove it then its lie and it dont exists. got it?

Go back to your 6th grade english class. $20 says you're banned AGAIN within 4 weeks.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Um, no that is wrong. Lack of proof of something doesn't mean that something doesn't exist. Look back in history there were tons of times that something was theorized that it exists but there was no proof. Many years later with greater technology we proved they do exist. Using your logic, they didn't exist until we had the technology to prove they exist.

Pokito

Banned
Jul 17, 2006
Originally posted by: Homerboy
can you prove there is no God?

horrible flame bait BTW.
Do i started flame? I wanted quiet conversation unless i started getting agroed by fanatics.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

E.G. I say "George bush got assplug in his ass" if i cant prove it and its obviously false it means it is not there.

Again, you fail at logic.

I will make a claim: There is blue furry tomato on the other side of the universe.

Can you prove it's not there?

Finally, if you can get GWB to let us inspect his ass, I'll believe he doesn't have a butt plug. Until then, it's classified as "unknown, but unlikely."

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Well going by your logic, i can prove that your an asshat that just created a thread for attention

How you ask?

The imposability to prove you created this thread for any other reason does not exist.

Pokito

Banned
Jul 17, 2006
Originally posted by: AmusedI will make a claim: There is blue furry tomato on the other side of the universe.

You can claim anything you want, but it does dont affect anyones life, belif in god does, my logic is best if you dont want face facts then i cant change your options.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Inquisition send many people on death without any proof, isnt it murder?

It's murder one way or another, it doesn't matter if the Inquisiton provides a reason.

Pokito

Banned
Jul 17, 2006
Ok i admit i was wrong when say'd "The imposability to prove he exists automatically proves hes does not exists." it is later here and i am very tired, lets forget it and return to topic.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: AmusedI will make a claim: There is blue furry tomato on the other side of the universe.

You can claim anything you want, but it does dont affect anyones life, belif in god does, my logic is best if you dont want face facts then i cant change your options.

Did it ever occur to you that I have no belief in any deities?

One does not have to have a belief in a god or gods to point out the obvious and simplistic flaw in your logic.

It is no more logical to say a god does not exist than it is to say one does. You have NO evidence either way. Therefore the only logical stance is neutrality or "I don't know."