Can someone prove that god exists?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
I have proof god exists, my proof is that god exists because you cannot prove that god does not exist.

btw I don't actually think he exists, but according to your logic my proof is valid. Which only goes to show one thing, your logic is flawed, therefore this whole thread is useless. Proof is not essential. Belief is. Next time try asking "Why do you believe in god?".

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Amused
Finally, if you can get GWB to let us inspect his ass, I'll believe he doesn't have a butt plug. Until then, it's classified as "unknown, but unlikely."

Half wrong. The burden of proof still lies with you. Unless and until you demonstrate that it is there, or some inferred reason for me to conclude it is there (indirect evidence, etc.) then logically, I must act as if it is not there.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Pokito
lets forget it and return to topic.
Ok, back on topic.

1) No one can prove God (or a god, or any number of gods) exists. No one will ever be able to prove that type of existance.

2) No one can prove God (or a god, or any number of gods) DOESN'T exist. No one will ever be able to prove that type of non-existance.

So stop beating this dead horse. You'll get nowhere. I know for sure God doesn't exist, at least not in the standard fashion that people claim he does. I can't prove it. I'll never be able to prove it. But that is the way it is.

Pokito

Banned
Jul 17, 2006
Originally posted by: AmusedI will make a claim: There is blue furry tomato on the other side of the universe.

Can you prove it's not there?
You can claim anything you want, but it does dont affect anyones life, belif in god does, my logic is best if you dont want face facts then i cant change your options.

Did it ever occur to you that I have no belief in any deities?

One does not have to have a belief in a god or gods to point out the obvious and simplistic flaw in your logic.

It is no more logical to say a god does not exist than it is to say one does. You have NO evidence either way. Therefore the only logical stance is neutrality or "I don't know."

Cant you understand that i dont have to proof something you claim just because you claim this, its your problem to make me proof this, and if what you claimed make people life harder and make one people use another this is something that should be proven before its accepted, and god is just brain wash, nthing more.

If someone claim that god talk to him and told him that he's king of all people and everyone should obey him bla bla, by your logic if you cant prove it havent happened then it may be true?
Normal logic would be this man is crazy as you are.

KillyKillall

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2004
There is no god, he wouldn't make us read your threads/grammar if there was. He would have mercy on us all!!!!!!!!

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
how is this not a flamebait? surely you know there is no known proof yet people still believe. just leave them be and hope their numbers will shrink over time.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: AmusedI will make a claim: There is blue furry tomato on the other side of the universe.

Can you prove it's not there?
You can claim anything you want, but it does dont affect anyones life, belif in god does, my logic is best if you dont want face facts then i cant change your options.

Did it ever occur to you that I have no belief in any deities?

One does not have to have a belief in a god or gods to point out the obvious and simplistic flaw in your logic.

It is no more logical to say a god does not exist than it is to say one does. You have NO evidence either way. Therefore the only logical stance is neutrality or "I don't know."

Cant you understand that i dont have to proof something you claim just because you claim this, its your problem to make me proof this, and if what you claimed make people life harder and make one people use another this is something that should be proven before its accepted, and god is just brain wash, nthing more.

If someone claim that god talk to him and told him that he's king of all people and everyone should obey him bla bla, by your logic if you cant prove it havent happened then it may be true?
Normal logic would be this man is crazy as you are.

Just because I cannot prove something does not exist does NOT mean I automatically believe it does exist.

And the reverse is true as well.

Your illogic stems fro your claim that the lack of evidence automatically means proof of non-existence. That is a logical fallacy.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Lol wow, nice one OP. A 1 day member and you're stringing them up like a pro angler :laugh:

RedArmy

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2005
Uhhh, who cares? Wait another week and Im sure there will be another thread just like this with the exact same responses, burning as brightly as ever.

shimsham

Lifer
May 9, 2002
Originally posted by: ITJunkie
I see God everytime I see my wife naked :p

that jesus dude. trust me.;)

op, i disagree about gods. they werent created to control the masses, they were created to explain the workings of the world in a comprehensible form to early man. then the nature of man took over and made religion what it is today, good and bad.

Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: shimsham

op, i disagree about gods. they werent created to control the masses, they were created to explain the workings of the world in a comprehensible form to early man. then the nature of man took over and made religion what it is today, good and bad.

Religion does indeed control the masses, it's easiest to see with much of the Muslim population in the Middle East/Southeast Asia. But that's not the reason why it was created

fitzov

Platinum Member
Jan 3, 2004
There are several arguments for the existence of God. Anselm's is probably the most classic. Descartes' is probably the most famous.

shimsham

Lifer
May 9, 2002
Originally posted by: IAteYourMother
Originally posted by: shimsham

Religion does indeed control the masses, it's easiest to see with much of the Muslim population in the Middle East/Southeast Asia. But that's not the reason why it was created

uh, yeah. thats pretty much what i said.:confused:

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
can you prove flamebait doesn't result in long pointless threads that have been drawn out countless times before?