Can someone briefly explain the Palastine-Israel conflict to me?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
No, that's not true either....
I can't help but think you are deliberately lying.
And if your not lying, then you must of forgot about the 1000's of times it was discussed here with your participation.
Either way, your obviously wrong and misleading.
Maybe if you brushed up on the history before you post it would help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli–Palestinian_conflict

I find it helpful to also read up on the blue links in the articles like the one for Palestinian nationalism

Meanwhile in Israel-

Terrorist attacks US embassy in Tel Aviv
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-20407503

U.S. NAVY SHIPS SAIL TO EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN IN CASE NEEDED TO EVACUATE AMERICANS FROM ISRAEL
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/u-s...se-needed-to-evacuate-americans-from-israel/#

Palestine (Arabic: &#1601;&#1604;&#1587;&#1591;&#1610;&#1606;&#8206; Filas&#7789;&#299;n / Falas&#7789;&#299;n / Filis&#7789;&#299;n), officially declared as the State of Palestine (Arabic: &#1583;&#1608;&#1604;&#1577; &#1601;&#1604;&#1587;&#1591;&#1610;&#1606;&#8206; Dawlat Filas&#7789;in),[1][2][3] is a state that was proclaimed in exile in Algiers on 15 November 1988, when the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO)'s National Council (PNC) adopted the unilateral Palestinian Declaration of Independence.

Seeing how you want to use Wiiki Link- this states that there was no declaration until '88

So what happened with the State of Palestine from '48 until '88

There was no interest.
The Arabs never pushed for one when they had control of the area. To do so; acknowledged Israel.
When they lost control of the area; nothing was done for the next 20 years.

Only after Egypt and Syria failed in '73 did anything happen. Again the losers were dictating the terms
The 1974 Arab League summit designated the PLO as the "sole legitimate representative of the Palestinian people and reaffirmed their right to establish an independent state of urgency

Still nothing from '74 to '88
Only when the Palestinians were driven out of Jordan (by Jordan) and Lebanon (by Israel) was there any peep.

I quoted in my link where the Palestinians had no state declaration until after the Arabs/Palestinians failed to drive out Israel. also, quoted when they received the backing of the Arab League.

Now within your link, quote where I am wrong. from my original statement
While the Palestinian area was controlled by the Arabs, there was no interest in their own country; it was only when Israel gained control that they decided that they should have a country; some wanted all of it again.
and in that I am being generous - it took 15 years of butt whooping before the Palestinians declared a state on land that they did not control and never had control of.

Last edited:

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Its pretty simple.

Everyone prior to WWII hated the Jews and were more or less okay with the Jews being slaughtered, until Hitler decided to take it one step farther and tried to go on Global conquest.

Immediately after WWII everyone still disliked Jews and the world still had to figure out what to do with them. While they let some immigrate to various countries, the rest got sent to create the state of Israel after the world and the newly formed Israel appropriated property belonging to what are now considered Palestinians.

Today the West blindly supports Israel and overlooks atrocities committed by Israel because of deeply held guilt over what the west did and didn't do before and after WWII. This allows Israel to do things no other country would ever otherwise get away with.

Last edited:

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Its pretty simple.

Everyone prior to WWII hated the Jews and were more or less okay with the Jews being slaughtered, until Hitler decided to take it one step farther and tried to go on Global conquest.

Immediately after WWII everyone still disliked Jews and the world still had to figure out what to do with them. While they let some immigrate to various countries, the rest got sent to create the state of Israel after the world and the newly formed Israel appropriated property belonging to what are now considered Palestinians.

Today the West blindly supports Israel and overlooks atrocities committed by Israel because of deeply held guilt over what the west did and didn't do before and after WWII. This allows Israel to do things no other country would ever otherwise get away with.

Like what? African nations get away with horrendous atrocities every day. The Israeli treatment of Palestinians is ridiculously mild by historical "oppression" standards and is only an issue because the Palestinians are Muslim and Muslims specialize in throwing collective world-wide temper tantrums; if you so much as draw a picture they don't like.

Last edited:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Like what? African nations get away with horrendous atrocities every day. The Israeli treatment of Palestinians is ridiculously mild by historical "oppression" standards and is only an issue because the Palestinians are Muslim and Muslims specialize in throwing collective world-wide temper tantrums; if you so much as draw a picture they don't like.
Jordan and Egypt treated them worse than they are under Israel.

Both countries herded them into "camps" when they had control of those lands.
Jordan kicked them out of their country completely after trying to overthrow that government.
Egypt keeps the border with Gaza closed to Palestinian travel ever since they lost control of Gaza to Israel.

Standard of living on the West bank is close to the top for the average Muslim.
The average person from Gaza (when Hamas/PLO is not screwing up things) lives better than the average Egyptian.

No one says that they can not live better; but they are well off compared to the brethren.

Last edited:

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
and in that I am being generous - it took 15 years of butt whooping before the Palestinians declared a state on land that they did not control and never had control of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposals_for_a_Palestinian_state

In light of these developments, Arabs began calling for both their own state in the British Mandate of Palestine and an end to the British support of the Jewish homeland's creation and to Jewish immigration. The movement gained steam through the 1920s and 1930s as Jewish immigration picked up.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
Israel, with the help of US taxpayer $$, drove the palestinians off their land following the native american conquest model. They herded them onto a large reservation we call "Gaza". They would just exterminate the "vermin" (that's how they see the original occupiers of that land), but that would of course be a PR disaster. So instead they fund terrorist groups so they can launch attacks from Gaza into Israel. These attacks are used as the pretext to exterminate one more chunk of the "infestation". You will never be taught this in college, which is one of the main reasons a college education is worthless. Why pay massive amounts of money to be taught a false paradigm? False flag intrigue is the driving force behind a great deal of our political system. And the pathetic minions who pretend this crap dont happen is what enables it and allows it to grow and grow until it reaches 9/11 proportions.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
That was the Arabs; not the Palestinians.
The Arabs got their states when the ME was sliced and diced. What calls for a Palestinians state happened afterwards.
None.
To ask for a Palestinian state when a state existed for Israel was to acknowledge Israel. Not acceptable to the Arabs.

Oh man....
Yes, the Muslim, Jewish, Christian Arabs from the area called Palestine, wanted a state.

1917 CE &#8211; The British government makes promises to Arab leaders for an independent Arab state that would include Palestine (the Hussain-McMahon correspondence). Simultaneously, and secretly, it makes promises to the Zionists for the establishment of a Jewish national home in Palestine (the Balfour Declaration). Jews are only 8% of the population at this time, and so the British government starts bringing in Jews from Europe into Israel.

Last edited:

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
The Russian islands (and Georgia/Hungary/Czech) were not depopulated and colonized and the same goes for Inner Mongolia which has autonomy. Tibetans were glad to be free from feudalism in the beginning at least.

There was minimal conflict because the Palestinians expected to have their own country with some Jewish citizens, not live in some Jewish country where they would be the minority.

East Prussia had close to 99% of it's population removed by the Russians after WW2, i don't see the Germans shooting rockets into Kalingrad trying to reclaim it

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I think your map is misleading. The Jews and the other people who have inhabited that region inclucing the Palestinians, if that is really a true term, and other people have lived together for Thousands of Years. In fact I could argue that it is the Israeli's that have really been good stewards over the land by preserving Water resevoirs and providing Electricity and water to the Palestinians. I seriously doubt, if the Palestinians were in charge, that they would provide electricity or water to the Jews.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
Palestine was not depopulated either.

Until the UN stopped by and said that this general area is going to be divided up into sections, the Palestinians did not even care if they were given their own country. Then they actually refused it from the UN (courtesy of their "supporters". Then they became accomplices and tried to take it all. And lost it

While the Palestinian area was controlled by the Arabs, there was no interest in their own country; it was only when Israel gained control that they decided that they should have a country; some wanted all of it again.

You may believe in the do-over principal.
Once maybe; more than once - forget it.

Have Russians become the majority in Hungary/Czech/Georgia? Are the Hans the majority in Mongolia? Palestine is being gradually depopulated. New Jewish settlements and roads etc are being built over the remains of Palestinian towns/houses.

Why should the Palestinians agree to the 1947 partition plan? The Palestinians were the natives and deserved the right of self-determination, not the right to bullied by the big 5 into giving up part of their country. The US and Europe did not want to create a new Israel within their borders and dumped the problem in the ME. Why not give up Texas for the modern state of Israel?

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
Did the Jews migrate to Texas or am I missing something?
What I meant was that the USA just like the Palestinians would rightly object to splitting their country to create the modern state of Israel. Palestinians expected independence from the British but not at the expense of splitting their country up to accommodate the 'Jewish problem' of Europe.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
What I meant was that the USA just like the Palestinians would rightly object to splitting their country to create the modern state of Israel. Palestinians expected independence from the British but not at the expense of splitting their country up to accommodate the 'Jewish problem' of Europe.

Well, when you lose a war you get what you get. (referring to the Brits conquering the Ottomans and then the Israeli's beating...everyone)

infoiltrator

Feb 9, 2011
Look at the occupation by Hitler in Europe and Asia.
Look at the Soviet occupation of Europe.
Especiallt the Soviet massacres and deportations in Poland during and after WWII.

Look at the Arab governments treatment of their own people since WWII.
Especially look at Iran, Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt.
Look at the treatment of "Palestinians" as a useful political and propaganda state.

Look at the constant refusal of Arab states to recognize the existence of Israel, or sign peace treaties. They could adopt the tactics of Ghandi in India. They choose recurrent warfare and lose.

Sorry mates.
The USA went ballistic after 911. The Israelis have far more cause, and have been a political football between the UN, West and Soviets, and now the world.

There are goups of terrorists seeking control in Ireland, Spain, Chechnya, Africa, Central and South America.

China has outright conquests, and is seeking more.

Stop being theorists. The Palestinians would exist as a force without outside aid and unreal aspirations (ruling Israel). They tried to control Jordan and Syria, are you backing their "right" to those countries?

Or Egypt's to control the entire middle east? Or "Persia's".

Whatever "right" in Palestine is done, let peace break out.

Last edited: