Can it be the LAST? Answer: Yes if you wish. See within! Unsubscribe from weekly newsletter here.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Thank you for unsubscribing me. A polite, unsolicited suggestion might be to not use the PM system for this, but rather a banner or a sticky thread. You will be creating a lot more work for yourself by having to constantly unsubscribe people from it, and it will be continuous work because people will decide they don't want this at different time intervals.
@MMohammed ^^^ This above is excellent advice. It represents best practice. It is the professional way to go.

As a literal paid professional member of staff, please implement a banner/sticky thread -- two of the tools previously taken away from us mods -- to take care of this problem you have inadvertently created.

Alls well that ends well, man. Please end this well.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Don't you guys want your community engagement forced upon you?

The people that run this site go to school learning about how great these practices are and all you do is throw it back in their faces.

kilnsea

Jun 24, 2002
I replied to the SECOND unsolicited weekly pm to unsubscribe and I'm saying the same thing here, unsubscribe me please.

Nov 17, 2019
I do still have a beautifully embroidered sash.

Green or purple?

DraziPurpleGreen01.jpg

Reactions: Fardringle

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Unsub me please.

I also agree that a small banner would be more appropriate for these types messages.

MerleCorey

Sep 17, 2009
Unsubscribe me please. Also, you should probably include the unsubscribe info in the actual messages.

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
I haven't received a PM in the past two years, not one. I'm, for one, absolutely delighted with these displays of attention!

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
@MMohammed Please unsubscribe me from future messages.

Also, just a little advice:

1. Go easy on the embedded GIFs. Three GIFs in every short message makes it seem spammy.

2. Unless you want to turn your messages into a P&N debate, choose the people you include in the attached images/GIFs wisely.

GreenReaper

Aug 15, 2018
Please, no more. This should never have been done this way. Staff promotion isn't a "conversation" - you're not looking for a personal response, but engagement. My first impulse was to block, but staff cannot be ignored to prevent further unsolicited messages.

I have conversations email on in case someone has a legitimate interest in contacting me for something I've talked about on the forums. It's not an invitation to spam me about everything else on the forums.

Please stop trying to juice your numbers like this, it'll just make it harder for email from Anandtech to get through when people mark it as junk with providers. It doesn't take much with some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.