can i still send stuff with a 37 cent stamp?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: markgm
You can still send stuff. They have a 30 day grace period. Best to send a postcard if you want it to actually arrive.

Helpful tip: Don't follow your own advice when paying your bills this month.

markgm

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2001
Originally posted by: kranky
You can still send stuff. They have a 30 day grace period. Best to send a postcard if you want it to actually arrive.

I pay them online so that I can take advantage of the 60 day grace period credit card companies give for getting an electronic statement instead of a paper statement. My mortgage is direct withdrawal, so I'm okay with that.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: kranky

How many ATOT'ers still pay their bills through the mail? I finally stopped doing it about two years ago, but I know folks that have been using online bill pay since 1998.

Direct Deposit, Automatic Debit, and Online BillPay FTW!

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: HN
i'm not sure if this will work but...

use the 37 cent stamp. in the From: write the destination address (instead of yours). in the To: write your address (instead of where you're sending). since it's only 37 cents, they're gonna return to sender.

hmmm...

i once read that material for the blind was mailed for free. dunno if it still is or not or if it was ever true.

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I bought 2c stamps previously. I had a roll of 100 37c I hadn't used yet. Glad I got them early, lines were crazy yesterday when I went to ship a package. Thank goodness for the self service machine and the fact that nobody uses it.

Buy 2c stamps online + .40/book of 20 + $1.00 for shipping and handling though.