can i still send stuff with a 37 cent stamp?

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
I heard they recently raised it to 39 cents, and I haven't sent something out in over 2 years, so my stamps are 37 cents. Will it still work, or do I need to spend 25 minutes to go to the post office?

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
My gf sent one without realizing it went up and it still went through with a big insufficient postage stamp stamped on it. You could take your chances:p

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
As long as you have more than one stamp you don't need to waste your time.

Viper GTS

yeah but that means 2x37 which is a waste :( looks like the verdict is in, and I can't do it :(

mrchan

Diamond Member
May 18, 2000
Originally posted by: magomago

Viper GTS

yeah but that means 2x37 which is a waste :( looks like the verdict is in, and I can't do it :(

waste 35 cents or 25 minutes of your time.

hmmmmm.

=P

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
i'm not sure if this will work but...

use the 37 cent stamp. in the From: write the destination address (instead of yours). in the To: write your address (instead of where you're sending). since it's only 37 cents, they're gonna return to sender.

hmmm...

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
I had 20 37 cent stamps. I swung by the post office and bought 20 2 cent stamps on my way to work yesterday.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: HN

use the 37 cent stamp. in the From: write the destination address (instead of yours). in the To: write your address (instead of where you're sending). since it's only 37 cents, they're gonna return to sender.

hmmm...

Do you know what mail fraud is?

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: BigJ

hmmm...

Not to mention if its being mailed from different ZIPs, they'll notice something is up...

Auryg

Platinum Member
Dec 28, 2003
You can buy stamps directly from your mailbox, or like another poster said, put two pennies on it...your carrier will put on a 2 cent stamp for you.

Not many people know it, but you can :D

jiwq

Platinum Member
May 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Auryg
You can buy stamps directly from your mailbox, or like another poster said, put two pennies on it...your carrier will put on a 2 cent stamp for you.

What if I tape 39 pennies to it, will they factor in the extra weight of the copper?

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
Originally posted by: sheik124
Originally posted by: BigJ

hmmm...

Not to mention if its being mailed from different ZIPs, they'll notice something is up...

woulda been good tho.

now for something more serious: print out your stamps http://stamps.com/

Furyline

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2001

If I put 2 37cent stamps on it, will they give me change?

dragonpunk

Jun 9, 2005
Originally posted by: Furyline

If I put 2 37cent stamps on it, will they give me change?

yes they will knock at your door and give you a dime an a quarter, say thx then leave.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002

hmmm...

This will work. I've done even with no stamp.

markgm

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2001
You can still send stuff. They have a 30 day grace period. Best to send a postcard if you want it to actually arrive.

TheGizmo

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
i have a bunch of 37 centers.. went to the PO and picked up some 2cent stamps to add on

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: mrchan
Originally posted by: magomago

Viper GTS

waste 35 cents or 25 minutes of your time.

hmmmmm.

=P

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Supermarket stamp machine for the win. You likely need something there anyways.