Can anyone from PA give me ticket advice

Rebasxer

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2005
So I'm a PA resident and just got a ticket in MD. 93 in a 55. I'm worried that the points will transfer and I'll lose my license. Do the points from MD transfer to PA?

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
You cant get points from a state different than your own. BUT, some insurance companies carry their own points systems and can screw you anyway.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: amdhunter
You cant get points from a state different than your own. BUT, some insurance companies carry their own points systems and can screw you anyway.

Wrong. New Jersey is one such state that will give you points for OOS violations. In NY, it's only for Quebec and Ontario (yes, in Canada you can get points on your NYS license).

I don't believe there is reciprocity for your state driving record. Your insurance is going to probably find out about it.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001

Really? Never listen to the idiots on ATOT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver_License_Compact

All states are members except for Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, Tennessee (dropped out in 1997), and Massachusetts

The Drivers License Compact require member states to report tickets received by motorist to the state where they received a license to drive so as to receive points and get an insurance hike. Also when a state suspends the license of a driver who is from out-of-state, the state where the motorist received a license to drive will also suspend their license.

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003
Don't speed?

ETA - It's not that I don't speed. But 93 in a 55 is pretty bad. You were asking for it.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: LikeLinus

All states are members except for Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, Tennessee (dropped out in 1997), and Massachusetts

The Drivers License Compact require member states to report tickets received by motorist to the state where they received a license to drive so as to receive points and get an insurance hike. Also when a state suspends the license of a driver who is from out-of-state, the state where the motorist received a license to drive will also suspend their license.

I know from experience that New York doesn't report violations on Connecticut drivers.

They just fine the crap out of us instead :(

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: ultimatebob

I know from experience that New York doesn't report violations on Connecticut drivers.

They just fine the crap out of us instead :(

"Some states do not assess points for minor offenses and apply the DLC for only major violations such as Colorado, Maryland, Nevada, New York and Pennsylvania"

Rebasxer

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2005
Originally posted by: thecoolnessrune
You get what you deserve. Don't be so stupid next time.

Just because your car can't go as fast as mine, don't be my moral compass. I'm asking for legal advice not some Dr. Phil wannabe assclown

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Rebasxer

Just because your car can't go as fast as mine, don't be my moral compass. I'm asking for legal advice not some Dr. Phil wannabe assclown

93 mph? Wow, someone call F1 and tell them we've found the next Andretti. We all bow down to you...speedracer.

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003

Oooh aren't you the sporty one! My car goes 93 too but I don't drive 93 in a 55. Fast car with a stupid driver equals loss.

Rebasxer

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2005
Check my accident record. 0. I really don't care about the fine, I learned my lesson but I'm not asking for all of ATOT to sit here and bitch when 90% of this forum speeds.

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003
Check my accident record. 0. I really don't care about the fine, I learned my lesson but I'm not asking for all of ATOT to sit here and bitch when 90% of this forum speeds.
If you don't care, why are you posting?

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001

FYI: 93 in a 55 isn't "speeding"...it's Reckless Driving. Look it up.

Terabyte

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 1999

:confused:

:laugh:

:roll:

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: SmoochyTX
Don't speed?

ETA - It's not that I don't speed. But 93 in a 55 is pretty bad. You were asking for it.

Yeah. 93 in a 65 is pushing it. I hate to say it but if you are doing nearly 40 over, you shouldn't even be driving.

FYI: 93 in a 55 isn't "speeding"...it's Reckless Driving. Look it up.

QFT for idiotic OP. Here if they catch you doing 30+ over, they take your license away.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001

Mine's governed at 155mph :(

Rebasxer

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2005

I care about the point transfer, not the fine

Also, It's not reckless driving, It probably should be but it wasn't circled on the ticket.

The cop was also a pretty nice guy. He thanked me for not running cause he told me there was no way in hell he would have caught me.

Originally posted by: iamwiz82

Mine too, although I'm taking that off as soon as the warranty runs out.

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003
So I'm a PA resident and just got a ticket in MD. 93 in a 55. I'm worried that the points will transfer and I'll lose my license. Do the points from MD transfer to PA?

Just the original quote. Nothing to see here. :laugh:

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003

I care about the point transfer, not the fine

Also, It's not reckless driving, It probably should be but it wasn't circled on the ticket.

The cop was also a pretty nice guy. He thanked me for not running cause he told me there was no way in hell he would have caught me.

Mine too, although I'm taking that off as soon as the warranty runs out.

It was reckless driving. Just because your ticket wasn't for that doesn't make it not so.

Oh, year make and model?

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005

Mines governed at 110mph or 4k RPM. But its a Ford Expedition so honestly I don't think it'd make much sense to be able to go faster.. Unless the soccer moms were running *really* late :laugh: