calling all the people that think usa would win easy over iraq

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chuckieland

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2000
1st:sorry about the wrong forum stuff, i haven't notice there is a section call "the war and the middle east"

Originally posted by: SuperSix
Gee we haven't overthrown an entire country in 8 days! WE SUCK!

rolleye.gif

Jackass

2nd:supersix, i never say the USA suck, so stop twisting my word.

3rd:before the war start, i see so many arrogant people post that war on iraq would be over in a week. I just want to see what do they think now. because in my opinion, iraq has put out a good fight.

Originally posted by: LeeTJ

btw, chuckie, our armed forces are doing VERY well thank you. It's never easy to invade.

BTW, contrary to your childish thinking, the expertise of the canadians wouldn't make any difference.

4th: yo, if it's doing very well, then why is Bush bring more troops to Iraq? perhaps current allie forces in iraq MAY not be enough to win the war, and Bush need the backup.
BTW LeeTJ, to say what you say, you must think Canadian present in WW1 and WW2 doesn't really make difference.

Originally posted by rudder: How would you propose to get at the iraqi military without killing large number of civilians? go back to playing pacman.

yo, i see you are really into pacman, you must have really high score. I wasn't the one that say the war is gonna be over in a week, because we have all the high tech stuff, and iraq is weaker then 1991.
Rudder, when you take break from that pacman game, listen to this, the allie force is not fight iraq army with civilians in the middle yet.
Right now, allie face a tough resistance from iraq army in the desert battle field.

Before the war, alot of people are saying iraq army force can't touch allie's army, and how useless iraq army is....etc
comment like iraq T-72, T62 are useless against the M1 tank, and how apache would kill the iraq tanks before iraq can open fire...
comment like allie's bombers and tanks, will walk over the iraq's useless army like leafs, and war is gonna be over in a week...

i am not a pro iraq, but i think alot of trash talker should get the facts, because iraq may lose this war, but their fighting spirits has made you look stupid.

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
Originally posted by: chuckieland

4th: yo, if it's doing very well, then why is Bush bring more troops to Iraq? perhaps current allie forces in iraq MAY not be enough to win the war, and Bush need the backup.

Right now, allie face a tough resistance from iraq army in the desert battle field.

i am not a pro iraq, but i think alot of trash talker should get the facts, because iraq may lose this war, but their fighting spirits has made you look stupid.

The troops had orders to be shipped out before this war even started. The plan has always been to continuously bring more troops into the area as time went on. Somebody was talking about this earlier, they said that somebody asked if he was getting shipped out to Iraq because the war isn't going well, and he said "no, I got the papers saying that I was getting shipped out over a month ago".

Also, where the M1 tanks have encountered the T-55's and T-72's, we have knocked them out pretty easily. That's why their tanks have retreated back into the city so that they can hide next to civilian areas so they won't be destroyed. If their tanks were able to fight ours, they'd be attacking. They are not fighting us in the desert battlefield, they have moved back into their towns and cities. Most of our fighting has NOT occured in the desert, but in towns like Basra, Nasiriya and El Quasar

I don't know who said this war would be over in a week. They were clueless and too optimistic. Nobody expects to invade a country and overthrow its government without a fight, and these things take longer than a week.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001

the allie force is not fight iraq army with civilians in the middle yet.

Before the war, alot of people are saying iraq army force can't touch allie's army, and how useless iraq army is....etc
comment like iraq T-72, T62 are useless against the M1 tank, and how apache would kill the iraq tanks before iraq can open fire...
comment like allie's bombers and tanks, will walk over the iraq's useless army like leafs, and war is gonna be over in a week...

Get a clue would you. What do you think the hold up is? Iraqi soldiers fighting from military positions?

No, the hold up is that the Iraqis are fighting from civilian homes, hospitals, schools, etc. and doing everything in their power to confuse themselves as civilians. If the coalition wanted to clean up the mess they could in a heartbeat but that would mean killing an untold amount of civilians right now, and that is exactly what they are striving, at peril of thier own lives, not to do.

chuckieland

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2000
mmm...
perhaps source of news is different in Canada
i have read that usa has detect sign of iraq army moving it's troops to attack some of allie force in iraq.
also m1 and apache been report destroy by iraq army in the battle field.
also report that some iraq military force are holding ground after fierce attack by allie force.

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I must ask you this.....what "TROUBLE" are you referring to? If the war ends in another month, it will still be a quick war. Quit stirring up BS.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Will all those who posted some comment or started a thread to the effect that the Iraqis would throw down their weapons and surrender faster than the French please step forward so we can see you?

Thanks.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
Will all those who posted some comment or started a thread to the effect that the Iraqis would throw down their weapons and surrender faster than the French please step forward so we can see you?

Thanks.

I thought the rumors that the French surrendered were proven to be false?:confused: Apparently the French haven't gotten the memo to surrender. :p

CkG

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003

The Iraqi's didn't destroy the Apache, we did. For some reason or another the Apache landed in Iraq and its pilots were captured. I don't know why it was forced to land but I saw close up video and there were no bullet holes in it. But it landed on its wheels, it wasn't shot down and destroyed. After it sat on the ground for a while one of our jets bombed it to prevent Iraq from stealing the technology.

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Originally posted by: SuperSix
Gee we haven't overthrown an entire country in 8 days! WE SUCK!

rolleye.gif

Jackass

2nd:supersix, i never say the USA suck, so stop twisting my word.

It's twisting your "words"..

And I'm not, you fail to see the sarcasm. No, you didn't directly say we suck, but you are concerned because we can't bring an entire nation to complete surtrender in eight days. No one said/indicated it will take less than that, one would have to be a total moron to think that.

Will we win it quickly? Compared to other wars, this will be a flash in the pan, but never quick enough for the fat-asses sitting at home bitching because they have no clue about the logistics and realities of WAR. It's messy.

And it's also "SuperSix", note the capitalization.

** EDit - formatting **

Mandrill

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2000
mmm...
perhaps source of news is different in Canada
i have read that usa has detect sign of iraq army moving it's troops to attack some of allie force in iraq.

How would this be a set back for the Allies? It would be most welcome because they would be in a free fire zone. wouldn't have to take care about hitting civilians.

The first two M1's to be destroyed by enemy fire ever. How many Iraqi tanks have been destroyed by M1's? Also, none of the crews in those tanks were killed and only had slight injuries. How many Iraqi's can say the same after their tanks encountered M1's?

also report that some iraq military force are holding ground after fierce attack by allie force.

What ground would this be? In cities surrounded by civilians. In cities where we can't use all of our force against them. The Allies are doing everything they can do to prevent civilian casualites.

seawolf21

Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Yield
Originally posted by: LeeTJ
YO, all you wannabe mods. STFU.

If you want the thread to die, just stop posting.

If the thread doesn't die the Mod will move it. WHAT'S THE BIG FVCKING DEAL. so he posted it in the wrong place. OMFG the world as we know it will end.
rolleye.gif

btw, chuckie, our armed forces are doing VERY well thank you. It's never easy to invade.

BTW, contrary to your childish thinking, the expertise of the canadians wouldn't make any difference.

I agree, shut up about the forum choice!!!!!! 1 person is enough to remind the guy.

haha. reminds me of "Office Space" and TPS reports.

kingmike

Sep 8, 2000
If the US fought this war with no regard to civilian life, and no care for rebuilding IRAQ, it would already be over!

LP29

Nov 30, 2001
Originally posted by: kingmike
If the US fought this war with no regard to civilian life, and no care for rebuilding IRAQ, it would already be over!

I really don't think the US has no regard to iraqi civilian life. Only their PR is stopping them from blowing up Bagdad or Iraq.

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
By the way, I heard those M1's weren't even destroyed, their engines were just taken out when they were hit from behind.

da loser

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Marshallj
By the way, I heard those M1's weren't even destroyed, their engines were just taken out when they were hit from behind.

if their engines are taken out, does it still have auxillary power to run all the electronics and turrets using possibly batteries? or does the crew just try to get the hell out?

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
Originally posted by: da loser
Originally posted by: Marshallj

if their engines are taken out, does it still have auxillary power to run all the electronics and turrets using possibly batteries? or does the crew just try to get the hell out?

I'd imagine that they'd want to get out if they couldn't drive the tank. I know that noone was injured in those tanks that got hit, so the tanks couldn't have been damaged all that bad or else the crew would be dead.

SpideyCU

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
Man, it just keeps getting better and better.

If you try to minimize civilian casualties and do things carefully, the naysayers yell at you for not winning the war fast enough.

So what? We're supposed to go and just destroy everything?

Edit: Removed the remainder of my post. It's just not worth it.