Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

YBS1

Golden Member
May 14, 2000
For those of you who own AW, how does it compare? I am a sucker for wanting to buy this after purchasing AW and only have 5 hours logged on in the game.

After I got it running right I think it's pretty fun. I've always liked the Treyarch games best though, they seem to have better balance, and everything usually has a viable counter. You are very mobile in this game, even more so than AW.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
For those of you who own AW, how does it compare? I am a sucker for wanting to buy this after purchasing AW and only have 5 hours logged on in the game.

To me, Black Ops 3 = more refined and polished version of Advanced Warfare. Specifically regarding the movement system. Still lots of verticality and maneuverability, but it's smoother, not as janky as AW.

I can already tell I'm going to put way more time into this one than AW. Treyarch has done a good job here. I'm also happy to say I haven't experienced the performance issues that others have had.

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
I had a chance to put in a few hours over the weekend and I'm still undecided. Didn't play the campaign, so can't comment on it, but did play a bunch of TDM. Maybe I'm just used to the BF franchise. I'm not used to all the customization and I haven't figured out how to use the items on the far right when they become available. I was getting slaughtered out there lol. One thing I did find weird was the final kill scene in slow motion. I'd see someone getting hit with the hit register when the site's weren't even on them sometimes. Oh no issues on install or running the game on my rig.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I had a chance to put in a few hours over the weekend and I'm still undecided. Didn't play the campaign, so can't comment on it, but did play a bunch of TDM. Maybe I'm just used to the BF franchise. I'm not used to all the customization and I haven't figured out how to use the items on the far right when they become available. I was getting slaughtered out there lol. One thing I did find weird was the final kill scene in slow motion. I'd see someone getting hit with the hit register when the site's weren't even on them sometimes. Oh no issues on install or running the game on my rig.

leading the target or lag?

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
I just assumed it was lag, but I don't know enough to tell the difference. To me it seemed like a regular occurrence, maybe someone else who's playing can chime in.

All the slow mo kill cams in the CoD series since MW2 have looked like that.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Just finished campaign, 12 hours, best cod campaign i've played so far!
Some of the graphics, the scenes, is pretty .. pretty..

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
I've been playing MP a little more and feel like I'm getting the mechanics down. Leveling up also helps, finally got to 17 and was able to unlock the ICR (?) and a couple of other perks and attachments etc. My KDR has improved which is good. I still feel like I'm getting 1 shotted though. I don't know if it's a lag issue, or these guys are that good. I think I'm liking it a bit more though.

AgentUnknown

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2003
Finally had a chance to play some multiplayer. So far everything is smooth. What is the best AA filter to use? Feels better than AW. But the mouse movement has a little lag.