California law bans gay teen 'conversion' therapy

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 6, 2007
You want to let the dear dresser perform lung surgery on your child, go ahead. Its probably not smart or advisable if you did but you wouldn't be breaking a law if you did.
I think you'll find that knowingly allowing unlicensed people to perform surgery on your children is, in fact, very illegal. Have you heard the term "child endangerment" before?

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
I think you'll find that knowingly allowing unlicensed people to perform surgery on your children is, in fact, very illegal. Have you heard the term "child endangerment" before?

Not finding it.

Also, child endangerment is a very reactive and subjective application of the law. Supposed the child makes it through the surgery without any complications, is that still endangerment? Perhaps you might be charged with that but again its very subjective. In that case, there would be nothing specific, just a broad charge.

Same thing could happen if you did any number of things.

Last edited:

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
You want to let the dear dresser perform lung surgery on your child, go ahead. Its probably not smart or advisable if you did but you wouldn't be breaking a law if you did.
I found your problem. You're simply making up facts. Try learning, it works.

http://public.findlaw.com/abaflg/flg-17-3a-17.html
http://physicians.uslegal.com/physicians-practicing-without-a-license/

It shouldn't really concern you what other people want to do with their children.
That's about the stupidest thing I've read today, and I even read an Incorrigible thread. It's interesting to learn you don't object to parents mutilating their children, however.

What should concern you is the state telling you what you can and cannot do with yours.
I'm curious what your stance on abortion is. Mind sharing it?

The problem here isn't the therapy or medical treatment.
It isn't a therapy or medical treatment at all.

Its people trying to insert their social agenda into the medical practice and in between a doctor and their patient. The law isn't going to stop anything, its just political grandstanding to force a stance on a social issue, not a medical one.
Yeah, gosh darn government always getting in the way of child abuse! The nerve!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This thread is a nice example of how conservative thinking becomes pathological. Hate the government even if it means killing kids. Sick scum.

Feb 6, 2007
Hard to find something that doesn't exist.

Nice links in the last post that talk about the legal ramifications for a doctor, not a parent.

Thanks for proving my point though.
This took me literally 4 seconds on Google: Link.

Here is the actual California penal code: Link.