California law bans gay teen 'conversion' therapy

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
I used to be gay. My mom enrolled me in this cool camp one summer and now I'm bisexual.

I'm making progress. Another summer at camp and I'll be straight.

969638-cool_story__bro_super.jpg

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
If being gay is a choice, than isn't being straight? Do you feel that you could reasonably "choose" to enjoy sucking dick?

I have not had the therapy :D

And your point is kind of eviscerated by the # of gay people who somehow have children in a heterosexual relationship.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
I used to be gay. My mom enrolled me in this cool camp one summer and now I'm bisexual.

I'm making progress. Another summer at camp and I'll be straight.

Stay bi, better selection of potential partners.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Fine, but why is it such a bad thing to take them to therapy, Parents want there kids to be straight

Some parents might. Other parents realize that fighting against their teens sexual orientation is going to do damage to the teen.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
I have not had the therapy :D

And your point is kind of eviscerated by the # of gay people who somehow have children in a heterosexual relationship.

How is it eviscerated? Lots of people of different sexual orientations want to pass on their and their partners traits, genetic lineage, etc.

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I saw my neighbor gut a deer once. He really looked like he knew what he was doing. I think I'll let him take a swing at transplanting a lung into my kid.

I can do that, right? He's MY kid, after all.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
I saw my neighbor gut a deer once. He really looked like he knew what he was doing. I think I'll let him take a swing at transplanting a lung into my kid.

I can do that, right? He's MY kid, after all.

Cool story. But as has been stated, this law isn't going to stop those who practice therapy without a license. Nice try though.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Having a kid that is gay could hurt the parents since they feel disappointed and no grand kids from birth

So much for the concept of unconditional love; a precept of many, including Judeo-Christian, religions. Now it's "Give us grand kids or you are meaningless to us."

Apr 27, 2012
So much for the concept of unconditional love; a precept of many, including Judeo-Christian, religions. Now it's "Give us grand kids or you are meaningless to us."

I know many Hindus and Muslims who are against gays and wouldn't tolerate there kids being gay. So they would probably take there kids to these things

You want to criticize those evil brown people