California Highway Patrol Beats Barefoot Bag Lady

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Update 9-25-2014

7-5-2014

http://news.yahoo.com/family-wants-officer-held-accountable-beating-213153608.html

A barefoot woman described as harmless was subdued and pummeled by a California Highway Patrol officer in an incident captured on video.

Video shot from a by-passing car shows the CHP officer chasing the woman on foot through traffic. In the video, the officer catches up to the woman from behind, spins her around and takes her to the ground. The pair struggled, but the officer ends up on top. From that position, he begins punching her rapidly in the head.

As the officer is continuously punching the woman and grappling with her, another man rushes to help the officer subdue the woman. The CHP officer then handcuffs her.

David Diaz, one of the men who filmed the incident, said “I think he punched her in the head 15 times.”

Another witness to the incident told NBC Los Angeles that the woman “did not look well, mentally.” As the officer was punching her, “she looked terrified…she just looked gone.”

The witness said that the woman was not wearing shoes and was carrying several bags, indicating that she may have been homeless.

CHP said it was aware of the video and was investigating the incident.

CHP did not provide details of what happened to cause the officer to pursue the woman.

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
7-5-2014

http://news.yahoo.com/california-hig...181806931.html

A barefoot woman described as harmless was subdued and pummeled by a California Highway Patrol officer in an incident captured on video.

Video shot from a by-passing car shows the CHP officer chasing the woman on foot through traffic. In the video, the officer catches up to the woman from behind, spins her around and takes her to the ground. The pair struggled, but the officer ends up on top. From that position, he begins punching her rapidly in the head.

As the officer is continuously punching the woman and grappling with her, another man rushes to help the officer subdue the woman. The CHP officer then handcuffs her.

David Diaz, one of the men who filmed the incident, said “I think he punched her in the head 15 times.”

Another witness to the incident told NBC Los Angeles that the woman “did not look well, mentally.” As the officer was punching her, “she looked terrified…she just looked gone.”

The witness said that the woman was not wearing shoes and was carrying several bags, indicating that she may have been homeless.

CHP said it was aware of the video and was investigating the incident.

CHP did not provide details of what happened to cause the officer to pursue the woman.
I was going to post this last night...but because it was the CHP.....I decided to wait and see if additional details came out. The CHP is a pretty good group of people!!
Thx for posting this!!

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I remember walking home from work once when the sidewalks were super ultra slippery. I kept slipping and falling over until a cop car pulled over to the curb and a cop got out. To my shock, the most savage police brutality baton beatdown of my life didn't happen. He actually helped me up and gave me a ride home. :eek: I felt like I had won the cop lottery that day.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
I'd expect the defense of his actions will be:

-Saving her from immediate harm given she was walking towards freeway traffic and apparently under the influence of something.

-Saving others from immediate harm given she was walking towards freeway traffice and apparently under the influence of something.

Question of course is does either of those points require savagely beating a defenseless old woman?

I don't understand why cops keep trying subdue people by beating them in the head and face, sometimes until death.

Most I got from that tape is WTF? I mean was he trying to do forearms to her face but he just got caught up the moment and decided to fantasize about MMA beatdown by landing direct blows to her face? Maybe these deparments should open up about their training that is leading to these outcomes.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
I guess he never learned from his parents that you don't beat the crap out of defenseless, barefoot bag ladies on the side of the road.

But the apologists will say he was just having a bad day on the highway, because of... reasons.

Otherwise, this is a truly great guy, and a wonderful father and a loving husband who wouldn't hesitate to risk his life to save others... and stuff.

So the police unions will step in with threats from their legal department over possible punishment, and probably force his chief to pin a medal on him for heroic bravery, give him a raise, and promote him to training captain as a reward.

Last edited:

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012
leave with pay in 3, 2...

just remember to slap his wrist lightly, he just injured his hand on some womans head.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
I think there is a large thread made just for these topics.....

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
The requirement to use it has expired though I suspect that it may come back again due to the over abundance of new threads on the subject unless the mods are nice enough to create an cop related subforum.

over abundance? I don't get the issue so what if there are a few cop threads, not like folks have to read them and frankly it's just nice to see folks sarting new threads and posting. It seems like less posting here latley, maybe its summer or maybe folks are to gun shy to post. Be intersting to see some stats.

Anyway I would go out on a limb here and say he looks alike an ex military dude. He looks very angry and was hitting hard.

The officer is on administrative (paid) leave while the patrol investigates. He has not been identified.

BruflbuIYAAsI9N.jpg

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
So how many police officers went to work today, yesterday, last week, last month, last year, or decade/s and did the job they were paid to do without incident?
That's really not the issue at all, but let us play your game.........How many of those officers saw another officer violate somebody`s rights and they kept quiet?

You may believe this is not a problem, but you are sadly mistaken. This is a huge problem and only getting bigger.

One of the reason sit is such a problem is because people like you allow these things to happen!

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
These threads are just like the "All Muslims are evil" threads.

Well, minus the whole "all are barbaric animals, need to nuke them, allow no more in the country, kill them all and their supporters and families, they are incompatible with modern society" part
;)

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The requirement to use it has expired though I suspect that it may come back again
that should not happen......sorry to say!! All it does is cover up the real news!

In fact if that were to happen then this very site could be accused of covering up very real newsworthy items......

It`s too bad that we cannot tell our children that cops are the good guys!

Use to be they were the good guys!
Until the cops police themselves and get rid of the bad cops, we need people willing to post these threads and take a stand for our rights!!

Last edited:

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Last edited:

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006

I dont understand what the point of the picture is. You say a young man protesting something wants more government? I dont see how you came to that conclusion, if anything he looks like a anarchist and would want less. But sometimes you cant judge a book by its cover. I guess the big question is what does that have to do with a California Highway Patrol Beating a Barefoot Bag Lady?

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Jesus that cop beat the crap out of that woman's face. She isn't even resisting. There is no justification what so ever for knocking her down, getting on top of her and punching her with closed fist 12 or so times in the face and head. None. I hope she has family, and if not, I hope someone sees this vid and news report and the ACLU get involved on her behalf. She has grounds to sue the living F*** out of that cop and the PD. This guy doesn't deserve to wear that uniform, he needs to be in jail.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
"The officer was following proper established procedure"
"The officer claims to have seen a weapon and felt he was in immediate danger"

It'll be one of these two excuses. And nothing will happen.

The police have turned into the enemy of the American people.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
The police chief gave a news conference and is saying she resisted the officer who was trying to save her life and keep her from getting hurt going into traffic. So I guess taking blows to the head are not considered "keeping her from getting hurt"?

The contradiction is astounding with the "rationale" of police these days. If she is in fact mentally ill, there could have been much better ways to handle her. It looked like she was jaywalking more than just trying to go into oncoming traffic. In addition I don't see her resisting, what I see is him grabbing her from behind as she is walking, and her turning around startled and backing away from him. Then he just throws her to the ground and straddles on top of her and just starts UFC fighting and throwing direct closed fists blows to her head.

There is a huge problem with our current police today. I use to think it was officers who lacked proper training, but with a news event coming out several times a week sometimes more than that I think it is in fact a much deeper problem. As I and many others have said it is a "us vs them" mentality, and being trained to view citizens as enemy combatants.

When I was a kid, and that was a real long time ago, I remember local law enforcement walking the beat daily. Some of us kids knew our local officers by name, and they knew most of the neighborhood kids by name. They knew their parents too. The officers in my day took the time to get to know their neighbors and the people whose areas they patrolled.

You really don't see that anymore. Officers are not interested in getting to know the citizens who they see as combatants. This is a huge problem in my opinion because it causes most officers to view the people in a very dehumanized way.

squarecut1

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2013
We are becoming a more and more violent society. Not just the physical type of violence.

Perhaps inevitable in a culture which glorifies violence in its various forms so much.