C&C Generals 2 Announced

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 11, 2008
I can't keep up with their studio name changes.

Maybe that's their strategy so we can't tell which studios kick ass and which ones are shitty.

What studio associated with EA has "kicked ass" recently? I guess BF3 for those that like online shooters, but I only play single player, and from what I have read, the single player portion of that game is terrible.

Even Bioware's last game was a mediocre, highly consolized version of Dragon Age. Maybe Mass Effect 3 will be good, but I am even apprehensive about that game, especially since they are including multiplayer. Hope they make an epic single player finale instead of just turning into another online shooter in a different setting.

But in regards to the original topic, I really liked the Generals games. Dont know how this game will turn out obviously, but glad to see at least that a new RTS is coming out.
What I really wish is that someone would resurrect a high quality Age of Empires series.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
And then they got the Shoes upgrade in Zero Hour! Hilarious!

The one thing I missed about Generals was how easy it was to mod. I made an air plane drop a vacum bomb that sucked everything in and then shockwaved it out and blew up everything else in the wave.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Bioware? No thanks. They are quickly falling into defunt company land.

Apr 12, 2010
That's cool.
I'm not a big fan of RTS in general. But since my friend played them a lot, I was exposed to them.
Generals was one of the few RTS I did have fun with.

I originally downloaded bootleg of it, then couldn't get bootleg expansion to install. Got a bit anxious & bored of trying. Eventually went out & bought the bundle just to play the games' expansion. Stories of a bootlegger.

Fun game. Good times.

Maybe I'll check this new one out. Maybe not. We shall see.