Buttery emails Trump style

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
He's also an Eisenhower Republican. Makes for an interesting mix.

Now that's funny! I eventually figured the Bernie Bro part from his Hillary Clinton rants. They blame Combover Caligula on her and the DNC conspiring to stop Bernie because St. Bernard would have defeated Cheeto Jesus.

Bernie can go get bent.

Nov 25, 2013
Now that's funny! I eventually figured the Bernie Bro part from his Hillary Clinton rants. They blame Combover Caligula on her and the DNC conspiring to stop Bernie because St. Bernard would have defeated Cheeto Jesus.

Bernie can go get bent.

He's no more a 'bro' than he is an Eisenhower Republican. He's a distraction. He simply does it in a different way.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
He's no more a 'bro' than he is an Eisenhower Republican. He's a distraction. He simply does it in a different way.

He does have the both sides stuff down real good, I'll give him that...lol! I find his ranting kind of interesting because it seems like he like to run countercurrent to just about everything, which I take to mean that he really stands for nothing.

IOW, he likes to argue for nothing.

Reactions: ivwshane
Feb 4, 2009
The useful idiots will simply state Hillary was using an unencrypted buttery email server, Jared has superior intelligence and was using an encrypted app. The problem was the emails not being encrypted.
I’m not saying that’s a smart thing to say but that is what they’ll run with.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The wikipedia article on Clinton’s email covers the basic sequence of events. My specific comment refers to this:

“In May 2016, the Department's Office of the Inspector General Steve Linick released an 83-page report about the State Department's email practices. The Inspector General was unable to find evidence that Clinton had ever sought approval from the State Department staff for her use of a private email server, determining that if Clinton had sought approval, Department staff would have declined her setup because of the "security risks in doing so." Aside from security risks, the report stated that she did not comply with the Department's policies that were implemented in accordance with the Federal Records Act. Each of these findings contradicted what Clinton and her aides had been saying up to that point.”
What does any of that have to do with containing it? I would think her predecessor doing a similar thing and recommending she do the same would count as approval from the State Department. So do we have any documented proof she lied? Like black and white she said she sought approval from State Department staff or did she just say State Department or my predecessor and then conservative media twisted that into State Department staff? I'm looking for concrete proof here not wikipedia conjecture.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
As far as her getting permission from State, her predecessor told her to set her own server up. That predecessor's predecessor did the same. What's your opinion of that?
Her predecessor entered into office before cybersecuriry standards were put in place, as cybersecurity was still an emerging discipline. This is a tired defense of her actions.

All you've done this entire thread is defend Trump. The thread topic is about his adminstration's use of private email servers to conduct government business and, instead of discussing that, you've distracted from one whatabout to another. What possible reason could there be for that except to defend Trump?
No this thread is a massive pile of straw.

He's also an Eisenhower Republican. Makes for an interesting mix.
I expect Eisenhower would have far more respect for a Sanders or Warren than a Clinton.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
What does any of that have to do with containing it? I would think her predecessor doing a similar thing and recommending she do the same would count as approval from the State Department. So do we have any documented proof she lied? Like black and white she said she sought approval from State Department staff or did she just say State Department or my predecessor and then conservative media twisted that into State Department staff? I'm looking for concrete proof here not wikipedia conjecture.
No, you’re looking to build a pile of straw because no one is coming into the thread to defend Javanka.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Not going to try and defend your faulty comparison, just a quip about 'the Clinton Network'? Boooooo hiss.

They need friends like Hillary had, that James Comey fellow for instance. Poor Hillary indeed.
I am not going to fault Comey for doing his job. Sorry it rained on the coronation.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
No, you’re looking to build a pile of straw because no one is coming into the thread to defend Javanka.
What are you talking about? I am asking you to support your position. If you cannot do that then maybe you should adjust your position. It is funny to see you accuse me of building straw when I am not and then immediate post some straw of your own with the coronation bit.

I wonder if some day you'll be able to admit to yourself that you just hate Hillary because you have been conditioned to hate Democrats and she is a Democrat. Sure you are evolving a bit to not be as vehemently opposed to Democrats as you once were but you still can't cast off the ingrained hatred you built up toward Democrats back before you started realizing your preferred information sources were peddling bullshit.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Hillary's problem was akin to answer shopping. Records retention rules had changed from the time of her predecessors. She was likely told if you ask for permission the answer would be no so she leaned back on predecessors for cover.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
What are you talking about? I am asking you to support your position. If you cannot do that then maybe you should adjust your position. It is funny to see you accuse me of building straw when I am not and then immediate post some straw of your own with the coronation bit.

I wonder if some day you'll be able to admit to yourself that you just hate Hillary because you have been conditioned to hate Democrats and she is a Democrat. Sure you are evolving a bit to not be as vehemently opposed to Democrats as you once were but you still can't cast off the ingrained hatred you built up toward Democrats back before you started realizing your preferred information sources were peddling bullshit.
I’ve defended my position on numerous occasions. I feel no need to in a whataboutism thread that backfired.

I don’t need to adjust my opinion, nor do I seek your approval of it.

I’ve never been venemently opposed to Democrats. I just despise Clintonistas, and era of American politics they represent. If you want to carry water for them, knock yourself out.

My preferred sources of information are the NY Times and WAPO. You have the best straw.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I’ve defended my position on numerous occasions. I feel no need to in a whataboutism thread that backfired.

I’ve never been venemently opposed to Democrats. I just despise Clintonistas, and era of American politics they represent. If you want to carry water for them, knock yourself out.

My preferred sources of information are the NY Times and WAPO. You have the best straw.
It only seems like the best because you have no idea what straw is and couldn't explain it without googling a tutorial on how to identify it.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
It only seems like the best because you have no idea what straw is and couldn't explain it without googling a tutorial on how to identify it.
I don’t need to google it since we now have a handy guide. You’re right, its not straw you’re piling, its something else entirely. It’s ok danky, you’ll be fine.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Hillary hate is a disease of the mind you share with the Trumpsters.

Reactions: hal2kilo

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I don’t need to google it since we now have a handy guide. You’re right, its not straw you’re piling, its something else entirely. It’s ok danky, you’ll be fine.
Interesting. Now asking you questions about your positions is "piling." Do you want to try to make sense? 3rd time might be the charm.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
ROFL

ROFLMAO

So fucking obvious it's almost cute.
Eisenhower supported New Deal programs, expanded social security, defined America’s role in the Cold War, set in motion the momentum that fueled the civil rights movement and made intelligent investments in infrastructure and science education.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Her predecessor entered into office before cybersecuriry standards were put in place, as cybersecurity was still an emerging discipline. This is a tired defense of her actions.

I pretty much knew this would be your answer...lol! I've got you nailed down now so no need to do anything more than laugh at you, otherwise you're just a waste of time.

Awww, did I hurt your feels and you felt the need to lash out at me with a mouse click? I hope you feel better now! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: darkswordsman17