Bush's Resume

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
OMG, using RoboCad's logic: In order to consider Bush's environmental record during his tenure as Governor in TX, we must ALSO examine each and every other governor's record and compare/contrast. WTF? I don't have time for your nonsense RoboCadberry. Please, for the love of god, can you stay OT for once? :p

Are you Bashing Bush because of his record in Texas? Yes.
Are you Bashing Davis about his record in California? No.
Do you really care about the Environment or the smog problem? No.
Do you just look for things to Bash Bush on? Yes.

Just another example of the left not really caring about the issue - they just care about the politics of it.

BOBDN - Again - you miss the issue. Read above for help;) it has nothing to do with the whole list - just this one issue. If you think that I picked one issue to dismiss the rest of that garbage you are sadly mistaken. I have plenty more. The environmental record was in question - I presented more FACTS;) If you can't handle them - you are what you accuse others of.;)

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

Just another example of the left not really caring about the issue - they just care about the politics of it.

BOBDN - Again - you miss the issue. Read above for help;) it has nothing to do with the whole list - just this one issue. If you think that I picked one issue to dismiss the rest of that garbage you are sadly mistaken. I have plenty more. The environmental record was in question - I presented more FACTS;) If you can't handle them - you are what you accuse others of.;)

CkG
Hey, don't put words in my mouth, RoboCad. And don't pretend to know what I care about or not. I care a lot about the environment. But, and this is the important part -- this thread isn't titled "Bash Davis for his record in CA"? Is it? Nope. You wanna start a thread about that? Feel free. I'll join you in bashing the little bastard all the way to re-elections. :D Otherwise, your point is moot.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

CkG
Hey, don't put words in my mouth, RoboCad. And don't pretend to know what I care about or not. I care a lot about the environment. But, and this is the important part -- this thread isn't titled "Bash Davis for his record in CA"? Is it? Nope. You wanna start a thread about that? Feel free. I'll join you in bashing the little bastard all the way to re-elections. :D Otherwise, your point is moot.
At least it's a change from automatically blaming it on Clinton. Cad's broadening his horizons.

Bush's entire career has been hopping from one fiasco to another. If it weren't for his family connections, he'd be a salesman or some management flunky tucked away in a corner where he couldn't hurt anything. He is completely unqualified for leadership.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
For some reason I didn't expect any other result from the left in this thread. It just once again strengthens the argument that they really don't have ideas of their own - just random pot shots that are wildly fired at Bush in an attempt to try to build themselves up. Sorry - you have no candidate. You have no ideas to beat Bush. All you have is pent up hate from 2000 and Clinton's impeachment.
Does it feel good to vent your rage? Does it make you sleep better at night knowing that you got your daily amount of Bush Bashing in? hehe - It really is quite amusing to read this forum now, everyone tripping over themselves to see who can Bash Bush first on anything they can twist to make him look "bad". I see Dean has gained a few followers...atleast of his tactics...too bad hate spew doesn't win elections.:p

Carry on....if you feel it is "your patriotic duty to criticize" Bush.
rolleye.gif

CkG

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
For some reason I didn't expect any other result from the left in this thread. It just once again strengthens the argument that they really don't have ideas of their own - just random pot shots that are wildly fired at Bush in an attempt to try to build themselves up. Sorry - you have no candidate. You have no ideas to beat Bush. All you have is pent up hate from 2000 and Clinton's impeachment.
Does it feel good to vent your rage? Does it make you sleep better at night knowing that you got your daily amount of Bush Bashing in? hehe - It really is quite amusing to read this forum now, everyone tripping over themselves to see who can Bash Bush first on anything they can twist to make him look "bad". I see Dean has gained a few followers...atleast of his tactics...too bad hate spew doesn't win elections.:p

rolleye.gif

CkG

Random pot shots wildly fired at Bush? Bush painted a BIG red target on himself with his foolish, irresponsible, unnecessary invasion in Iraq not to mention his attack on the environment, his terrible handling of the economy and his administration's attack on our rights.

We have several candidates. Unlike the Republicans who only have one loser. We're not venting rage. We're getting revenge. And YES it feels good. It feels good to tell all you Republicans "I TOLD YOU SO."

We're not twisting ANYTHING to make Bush look bad. Bush is making HIMSELF look bad. And doing a much better job than ANY of us could ever do.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

rolleye.gif

CkG
Funny how presenting Bush's record has become synonymous with "Bush-bashing". Someone less partisan might recognize that they're reversing cause and effect. Bush's "accomplishments" are self-bashing; don't blame the messenger.

(By the way, I think self-bashing is still illegal in Texas -- but don't quote me. ;) )

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: conehead433
Well I can't believe his resume left off his arrest for theft and vandalism while at Yale. And then there was his arrest for cocaine possession in Texas with time served doing community service. And of course the removal of any public record of this ever happening thanks to a judge who was Bush Sr.'s buddy.

hey hey!
so the man spent a couple years running rails off the ta-tas of a few hookers?
whats your point?!?!?!
does that mean he is unfit to run the country?
who wouldnt choose a drug addict to become most powerful man in the free world?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Buahahaha - Now what was I saying before about tripping....;)

Sorry Bowfinger - you should have been quicker- you know how much BOBDN hates Bush(and me). Keep trying though, remember...it's whatever makes you "FEEL" better;)

CkG

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Funny how presenting Bush's record has become synonymous with "Bush-bashing".
Either way, Bush and Crew will need to present their record by around this time next year. It will be extremely interesting what they might come up with and if any of the presented accomplishments can stand alone...for instance, Bush did increase military pay and provide better housing for some in our military...but that achievement is offset when you consider how he subsequently abused our military.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
actually houston worked hard and is now well below LA in terms of smogginess.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Pers
bush is the shittiest president ever.

i somehow missed this response my first time over the thread.
my hat off to you, sir.

and brining up davis is pointless. it is irrelevant to a discussion about our current president.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Funny how Cad's railing about "personal responsibility" in virtually every other topic is mysteriously missing here. In Cad's parallel universe, everyone is responsible for their own messes, except for Bush. When it comes to RoboBoy's main-main, the responsibility is deflected everywhere besides right where it belongs. Cad, you can't even have an on topic discussion about Bush's record.

If you Bash Bush on this issue - you must also bash Davis....that is - IF you are to be consistant

Basically, Cad is saying, "Well if you're going to look at Bush's record in 1999-2000 when he was Governor of TX, you MUST look at everyone else's record too for comparison. See, if you compare Bush's record in 1999-2000 to Davis' record in 2001-2003 you'll see Bush doesn't look so bad."

WTF? Where IS the personal responsibility, Cad? Where? You sh!t in the lawn, it's your fault. Why can't Bush's record EVER stand on its own merits?

Here's a hypothetical for ya. Let's say I work in your office (or plant, or whatever), and I'm doing a crappy job. You (Cad) come over and go "What the hell is wrong with you DealMonkey? Why are you doing such a crappy job?" And I reply, "Well, I may be doing a crappy job, but just take a look at Johnson over there. He's doing an EVEN WORSE job and not only that, he's been late to work twice so far this week."

Now tell me Cad, what the hell would your response be? Seriously?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Funny how Cad's railing about "personal responsibility" in virtually every other topic is mysteriously missing here. In Cad's parallel universe, everyone is responsible for their own messes, except for Bush. When it comes to RoboBoy's main-main, the responsibility is deflected everywhere besides right where it belongs. Cad, you can't even have an on topic discussion about Bush's record.

If you Bash Bush on this issue - you must also bash Davis....that is - IF you are to be consistant

Basically, Cad is saying, "Well if you're going to look at Bush's record in 1999-2000 when he was Governor of TX, you MUST look at everyone else's record too for comparison. See, if you compare Bush's record in 1999-2000 to Davis' record in 2001-2003 you'll see Bush doesn't look so bad."

WTF? Where IS the personal responsibility, Cad? Where? You sh!t in the lawn, it's your fault. Why can't Bush's record EVER stand on its own merits?

Here's a hypothetical for ya. Let's say I work in your office (or plant, or whatever), and I'm doing a crappy job. You (Cad) come over and go "What the hell is wrong with you DealMonkey? Why are you doing such a crappy job?" And I reply, "Well, I may be doing a crappy job, but just take a look at Johnson over there. He's doing an EVEN WORSE job and not only that, he's been late to work twice so far this week."

Now tell me Cad, what the hell would your response be? Seriously?

You whine about me putting words in your mouth and then go do it yourself? Figures.
rolleye.gif

Did I say that what Davis has done excuses Bush? No. You just have to put things in context of what they can control. Like I said - you(people) bitch about pollution and such but fail to realize that Business and people who work for those businesses are the causes of the pollution. Houston seems to have atleast somewhat come to grips with it's problem and has worked on it. Did you see WHY Houston became the "worst"? "it is not so much that Houston's smog problem has gotten worse in recent years (it has basically remained at the same level), but rather that L.A. has taken aggressive steps to reduce their smog levels."-your link and quote;)

Now as for you hypothetical question bases on your WRONG assumption of my point. Both your asses would be gone;) You just because of who you are;) and him because he would have already been gone if he wasn't meeting the requirements(you'd be gone too if such were the case). Now again - you keep missing the point though. The Davis thing wasn't being used to say Bush is ok because someone else is worse. If you would have read my post you would have seen WHY those places have bad smog. Industry, commerce, and people - you know...things that make the ECONOMY go round;) You'll also see that I asked: "Now how exactly is Bush AND/OR Davis entirely responsible for such things?" Is that what you call shifting the blame?

CkG

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
"Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well I can't believe his resume left off his arrest for theft and vandalism while at Yale. And then there was his arrest for cocaine possession in Texas with time served doing community service. And of course the removal of any public record of this ever happening thanks to a judge who was Bush Sr.'s buddy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey hey!
whats your point?!?!?!
who wouldnt choose a drug addict to become most powerful man in the free world?"

The only point is that the resume was incomplete. Let's give the man credit for always getting away with everything. And besides all the money he's getting from his buddies in the oil business, he's probably raking in millions more in his ties to cocaine and other illegal drug trafficking. He was never actually successful at any legitimate business, but you have to give him credit for finding ways to make a buck. Of course he will never take the blame for anything, so you will probably never hear him say anything stupid like 'The buck stops here'.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
never successful? before he ran them the rangers were crap. while he ran them they did pretty well. since he left they're crap again. i think hes far better qualified to be commish of baseball than the current jackass we have running it now. i think bud selig hates the game. at least bush is a fan.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
You whine about me putting words in your mouth and then go do it yourself? Figures.
rolleye.gif

I figured if you started doing it, I may as well too. What's good for the goose ... and all that jazz. ;)

Did I say that what Davis has done excuses Bush? No. You just have to put things in context of what they can control. Like I said - you(people) bitch about pollution and such but fail to realize that Business and people who work for those businesses are the causes of the pollution. Houston seems to have atleast somewhat come to grips with it's problem and has worked on it. Did you see WHY Houston became the "worst"? "it is not so much that Houston's smog problem has gotten worse in recent years (it has basically remained at the same level), but rather that L.A. has taken aggressive steps to reduce their smog levels."-your link and quote;)

You certainly seem to deflect blame from Bush by bringing up Davis. I say, let every politician stand on their own two feet. There's no valid reason to compare, unless you're holding one up to the other and saying well this one's not so bad by comparison. Horsesh!t. They each have a record, let's look at the facts. The initial point was that Bush presided over an era in Texas where air pollution was a problem. A serious problem, considering it was worst in the nation. It's that simple. The buck stopped at Bush. Just like it does now that he's Prez.

Now as for you hypothetical question bases on your WRONG assumption of my point. Both your asses would be gone;) You just because of who you are;) and him because he would have already been gone if he wasn't meeting the requirements(you'd be gone too if such were the case). Now again - you keep missing the point though. The Davis thing wasn't being used to say Bush is ok because someone else is worse. If you would have read my post you would have seen WHY those places have bad smog. Industry, commerce, and people - you know...things that make the ECONOMY go round;) You'll also see that I asked: "Now how exactly is Bush AND/OR Davis entirely responsible for such things?" Is that what you call shifting the blame?

Fine, you'd fire my ass -- and really, I don't blame you. ;) I'm a lazy, shiftless worker who does nothing but give you crap all day long. :p But let's not mix my problems up with Johnson's. You have to look at each case individually. If you're in the driver's seat of your own destiny, then you gotta take the speeding ticket when the cop pulls your ass over.

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
I posted that about 3-4 months ago and etech got pissy because someone made a politics joke...

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
rolleye.gif

I figured if you started doing it, I may as well too. What's good for the goose ... and all that jazz. ;)

You certainly seem to deflect blame from Bush by bringing up Davis. I say, let every politician stand on their own two feet. There's no valid reason to compare, unless you're holding one up to the other and saying well this one's not so bad by comparison. Horsesh!t. They each have a record, let's look at the facts. The initial point was that Bush presided over an era in Texas where air pollution was a problem. A serious problem, considering it was worst in the nation. It's that simple. The buck stopped at Bush. Just like it does now that he's Prez.

Get a clue - did you even read the link YOU posted? Do you understand how Houston got it's "crown" yet?
And again you fail to see that I questioned BOTH of their direct responsibilities in the matter. Yes, it is a serious issue and the Govenor should do what is within his power to curtail pollution - but I'd rather have the pollution and jobs than less pollution and no jobs;) You see - Pollution(waste) goes hand in hand with Economic centers. It's just a fact of life. People and manufacturing/industry produce waste.

CkG

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
given how the executive authority works in texas, the buck hardly stopped at bush. it most likely stopped at perry.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: ElFenix
never successful? before he ran them the rangers were crap. while he ran them they did pretty well. since he left they're crap again. i think hes far better qualified to be commish of baseball than the current jackass we have running it now. i think bud selig hates the game. at least bush is a fan.

He was GIVEN the bulk of his shares (Bush purchased 1% and was given 10%) in the Rangers after selling his shares in Harken Oil based on insider info before they crashed and without reporting the sale as required by the SEC.

This is the only "success" you can point to in Bush' life?

I'm sure we'd all much rather have him as baseball commissioner than president too.

Bush'a illegal stock manipulation as well as the "gift" of 10% of the Texas Rangers is all very well documented.

Bush squirms in sleaze scandal

Bush?s Corporate Scandal Déjà Vu

How the Texas governor made his millions

A Brief History of Bush, Harken and the SEC

Bush, Harken, and the Public?s Right to Know

AND.....

Bush's Deal for the Texas Rangers

With this arrangement in place, Bush and his partners bought the team from Chiles on April 21, 1989, for $86 million. To scrape together his $500,000 stake in the Rangers, Bush borrowed the money from a bank in Midland where he once was a director. He owned 1.8 percent of the Rangers. (He later invested an additional $106,302).

Bush made up for his minor stake by taking more than his share of credit for bringing the owners together. "I wasn't going to let this deal fail," he said last year. "I wanted to put together the group. I was tenacious."

Others close to the deal paint a different picture.

"George W. Bush deserves great credit for the development of the franchise," Ueberroth said. "However, the bringing together of the buying group was the result of Richard Rainwater, Rusty Rose, Dr. Bobby Brown and the commissioner."

Bush Gets Another 10 Percent

Nonetheless, Bush's partners rewarded him by upping his ownership stake in the Rangers, giving him another 10 percent of the team.

"He had a well-known name, and that created interest in the franchise," Tom Schieffer, the Rangers' former president, said last year. "It gave us a little celebrity."

I edit to add:

Hey Cad, see if you can handle those facts. ;)

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
"Quote

hey hey!
whats your point?!?!?!
who wouldnt choose a drug addict to become most powerful man in the free world?"

The only point is that the resume was incomplete. Let's give the man credit for always getting away with everything. And besides all the money he's getting from his buddies in the oil business, he's probably raking in millions more in his ties to cocaine and other illegal drug trafficking. He was never actually successful at any legitimate business, but you have to give him credit for finding ways to make a buck. Of course he will never take the blame for anything, so you will probably never hear him say anything stupid like 'The buck stops here'.

i was kidding...i hate that bush got NO crap for his drug days.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
none of that contradicts what i said. sorry. he managed that team to a winning team. that is what he was rewarded for. the other partners in the ownership were hands off.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: her209
Wow, when did Davis become President?

exactly. as has been stated a number of times on this board and this thread: bush needs to be held responsible for his actions and needs to do so outside the realm of comparative dynamics.
simply pointing out a politician that may be slightly less trustworthy/competant/whathaveyou does not actually improve bushs ability.