Bush's Resume

J1600B

Nov 15, 2002
But he's (glugglug) not our president. His resume wouldn't change GW's. GW is the type of guy that should have been poor. That way he never could have been president.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
Please post your resume, then I'll rebut your butt-headed post.

Bush's resume is relevant galt. The moron is president moron.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Wow, that Bush guy is an unmitigated disaster. I wonder if he'd do the same stupid crap to the country that he did to Tex-ass? Nah, he wouldn't, right?

Accomplishments: Changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union. Replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog ridden city in America. Cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money. Set record for most executions by any Governor in American history.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Wow, that Bush guy is an unmitigated disaster. I wonder if he'd do the same stupid crap to the country that he did to Tex-ass? Nah, he wouldn't, right?

Accomplishments: Changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union. Replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog ridden city in America. Cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money. Set record for most executions by any Governor in American history.

Actually no, Houston did NOT overtake LA, that is pure bunk. Do some research people.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: digitalsm

Actually no, Houston did NOT overtake LA, that is pure bunk. Do some research people.

Hmmmmm, you couldn't be wrong about that, could you?

Recently, Houston earned the dubious distinction of having the smoggiest air in the country, surpassing Los Angeles. That distinction can be somewhat misleading, however. It is not so much that Houston's smog problem has gotten worse in recent years (it has basically remained at the same level), but rather that L.A. has taken aggressive steps to reduce their smog levels. I point this out not to try to lessen Houston's smog problem, but rather to show that cleaning our air is not an impossible task. If L.A. can do it, so can we.

Or maybe here?:

Houston became the butt of late-night TV jokes when it had the worst ozone pollution in America in 1999, beating even perennial front-runner Los Angeles. But because its air doesn't carry as many of the tiny particulates that make smog brown and hazy, Houston has trouble convincing residents there's an air problem. "The days that we have the worst ozone are usually just the most beautiful days," says Lily Wells, the council's chief air quality planner.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Quite an impressive resume.

Little wonder galt bitched about you posting it.

Thanks glugglug

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
I'm just waiting for a Bush Zombie to find a subtle error in that article, perhaps a spelling error, and then claim they debunked the whole thing.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: BOBDN
Quite an impressive resume.

Little wonder galt bitched about you posting it.

Thanks glugglug

Yeah, Galt will simply change the subject and pretend he proved us all wrong.
rolleye.gif

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Try putting "George W. Bush accomplishments" into the Uncle Google box and ferret out his real successes. It's virtually impossible to find anything.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
What a load of crap. I had to stop when I read this one because it shows a complete lack of intelligence...
Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.
That is 100% Clinton's fault, yet he tries to pin it on Bush. Same with
In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.
Once again, 100% Clinton's fault. It just shows the intelligence of the average Bush basher.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: XZeroII
What a load of crap. I had to stop when I read this one because it shows a complete lack of intelligence...
Once again, 100% Clinton's fault. It just shows the intelligence of the average Bush basher.

Riiiiight. It's all Clinton's fault. Whatever. That song and dance is so old. What happened to the "era of responsibility" ushered in by Bush & Co? Or was that more campaign blather and lies? Oh, and what? You only found two things out of the entire list to quibble with? Pathetic.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002

Recently, Houston earned the dubious distinction of having the smoggiest air in the country, surpassing Los Angeles. That distinction can be somewhat misleading, however. It is not so much that Houston's smog problem has gotten worse in recent years (it has basically remained at the same level), but rather that L.A. has taken aggressive steps to reduce their smog levels. I point this out not to try to lessen Houston's smog problem, but rather to show that cleaning our air is not an impossible task. If L.A. can do it, so can we.

Or maybe here?:

Houston became the butt of late-night TV jokes when it had the worst ozone pollution in America in 1999, beating even perennial front-runner Los Angeles. But because its air doesn't carry as many of the tiny particulates that make smog brown and hazy, Houston has trouble convincing residents there's an air problem. "The days that we have the worst ozone are usually just the most beautiful days," says Lily Wells, the council's chief air quality planner.

Owned! :)

Hey digitalsm, can we get a "oh :eek: " from ya?

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: XZeroII

Two years into Bush's term, it was Clinton that caused 2 million americans to lose their job?
All you showed was the average Clinton basher has no intelligence ;).

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Or maybe here?:

My Oh My, what has Greyout Davis done....
2003 list 1-20 in order:
Los Angeles-Riverside-Orange County, Calif.
Fresno, Calif.
Bakersfield, Calif.
Visalia-Tulare-Porterville, Calif.
Houston-Galveston-Brazoria, Texas
Sacramento-Yolo, Calif.
Merced, Calif.
Atlanta, Ga.
Knoxville, Tenn.
Charlotte-Gastonia-Rock Hill, N.C.-S.C.
Washington-Baltimore, D.C.-Md.-Va.-W.V.
Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas
Philadelphia-Wilmington-Atlantic City, Pa.-N.J.-Del.-Md.
New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, Conn.-N.J.-N.Y.
Phoenix-Mesa, Ariz.
Baton Rouge, La.
Greensboro-Winston Salem-High Point, N.C.
Memphis, Tenn.-Ark.-Miss.
Birmingham, Ala.
San Diego, Calif.

Wha...Wha...What!? LA is first(and reclaimed the title in 2001;))? Houston is 5th? Nah... Guess LA and Davis just wanted it more- heck Davis has the top 4 positions now. Maybe he should run on HIS environmental record :p

Davis is a DISASTER!!!! ;)

Blah...Blah....Blah... I don't want to hear any whining about changing the subject - it is relevant. Houston had it for maybe two years(99 & 00) Now how exactly is Bush AND/OR Davis entirely responsible for such things? You people bitch about wanting jobs and companies to stay yet you bitch and moan about the pollution that they inherently bring with them. If you Bash Bush on this issue - you must also bash Davis....that is - IF you are to be consistant;)

...Oh...and just a tidbit of info... "Much of Los Angeles' ozone is formed when exhaust from cars and smokestacks released during the day mixes with other chemicals and sunshine. In Houston, much of the pollution comes from oil refineries, petrochemical plants and cargo ships." - last part

CkG

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
It's pathetic that among the long list of complete failures that make up the total of George W. Bush's life people who try to defend the imbecile have to cling to an argument over who has dirtier air, Houston or LA.

Ridiculous. ;)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
It's pathetic that among the long list of complete failures that make up the total of George W. Bush's life people who try to defend the imbecile have to cling to an argument over who has dirtier air, Houston or LA.

Ridiculous. ;)

Even more ridiculous when someone doesn't understand the argument.;)

CkG

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

Ridiculous. ;)

Even more ridiculous when someone doesn't understand the argument.;)

CkG

I agree. Thanks for your honesty. You' ARE even more ridiculous since you obviously DON'T understand the argument.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
OMG, using RoboCad's logic: In order to consider Bush's environmental record during his tenure as Governor in TX, we must ALSO examine each and every other governor's record and compare/contrast. WTF? I don't have time for your nonsense RoboCadberry. Please, for the love of god, can you stay OT for once? :p

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Well I can't believe his resume left off his arrest for theft and vandalism while at Yale. And then there was his arrest for cocaine possession in Texas with time served doing community service. And of course the removal of any public record of this ever happening thanks to a judge who was Bush Sr.'s buddy.