Bush's EPA director quits

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
I agree, passing environmental policy changes that might affect private businesses financially is far worse than pardoning someone for abusing the power of the US govt. and breaking international and domestic law.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
I can also see how watergate, the s&l's, Iran/Contra, Enron, and others are on par with a blow job....

If only the democrats were not as corrupt, unethical, and ignorant as the GOP.....

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Alistar7
I can also see how watergate, the s&l's, Iran/Contra, Enron, and others are on par with a blow job....

If only the democrats were not as corrupt, unethical, and ignorant as the GOP.....

You beat me to that statement by about 10 seconds.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

watergate, s&ls, Iran/Contra etc. 70's and 80's.

I never said anything about a bj, was that the only thing that Clinton did that was wrong?

If only.....

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
no it was the only thing we wasted tens of millions and fractured America over, not too mention made us look like asshats to the rest ofthe world. Who came out of that clean, slick willy of course, the day after the GOP ran through their second bogus impeachment Bill walked into a standing room only round of applause from every member of the UN.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
no it was the only thing we wasted tens of millions and fractured America over, not too mention made us look like asshats to the rest ofthe world. Who came out of that clean, slick willy of course, the day after the GOP ran through their second bogus impeachment Bill walked into a standing room only round of applause from every member of the UN.

The two independant counsel investigations cost around $70 million. I think President Clinton lost his law license in Arkansas and had to pay a $25,000 fine for giving false and misleading statements under oath. Sure seemed worth it to me..right up there with Watergate.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: tnitsuj

The two independant counsel investigations cost around $70 million. I think President Clinton lost his law license in Arkansas and had to pay a $25,000 fine for giving false and misleading statements under oath. Sure seemed worth it to me..right up there with Watergate.

Really? lol, that's even comparable in your book? My sarcasm meter isn't functioning correctly today.

I think the independent councils activities were more sinister and criminal than Clinton's.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
The Earth ain't no wimpy little orb beeboppin about in some randum manner. Nah.. It's a pretty sturdy bit of rock. I said before that more than 90% of all creatures that ever existed on this planet are extinct. We are simply in line for our turn. In the meantime we, as a condition of our existence, provide the planet with the chemicals and pollution necessary to enable the other 10% to go quickly onto their journey into oblivion. It is essential we complete this mission before we prematurely deexist ourselves and leave helpless trees and bees to fend for themselves in the darkness of purity. People like Bush realize this, and don't you think they ought to. What amazes me is you don't. You bash Bush left and right about his policy regarding the enviornment because you simply don't understand his awsume responsibility to the universe. Stop focusing on your little concerns and open your eyes to the greater good the demise of the human race will do for the next realization of life. It is obvious to all scentient life that humans are not the be all but they are the end all in this myoptic scheme of reality.
The next life form may indeed be the result of Mr and Mrs Moonbeam having a baby moon to travel about this planet in the currently only safe manner.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Hehe, HJ, you have to understand that the End Times are near by. No need to be an environmentalist whey it's the end of the world, eh?

Alistar, how is it that you show such patent good sense when you're not arguing with me. Why do I cause you to completely lose your mind? Is it my icon? What? :D

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Hehe, HJ, you have to understand that the End Times are near by. No need to be an environmentalist whey it's the end of the world, eh?

Alistar, how is it that you show such patent good sense when you're not arguing with me. Why do I cause you to completely lose your mind? Is it my icon? What? :D

Its been the end times for the last 2000 years. Someone's clock is broke I think. Herr Bush and puppet masters derive much from the destruction for profits sake that which all of us share equally. I have no problem with folks who destroy their own life source but don't take kindly the the destruction of mine.

The valley's distance from peak to peak is much shorter if you can simply walk across but, to walk down and then up takes much effort. Not many are up to the task. Some walk down, give up and simply walk along the valley floor. Meandering about looking for an easy way up... the icon gives the false sense of ease in the climbing experience and thus the meandering.;)

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: etech
The same reason Bush Sr. waited until his last night in power to pardon all the crooks in Ronnie's staff, little did we know he was only maintaining their employability until his son could take over......

I see a difference between pardons at the end of a term and imposing regulations that would cost the country billions to implement.

I'm pretty sure that some will not want to get into the discussion of presidential pardons.

Clinton's pardons were insane for the most part. I'd venture (no Link) that there are thousands in prison who had the requisite qualifications to be pardoned if the same criteria for all was used.
Bush the elder was IMO less inept or less blatant in his application of that authority but, the same holds true as in the Clinton pardons.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
clinton had a bigger cigar.....

What?

Oh, I understand now. If someone criticizes Bush you mention Clinton as a form of misdirection.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
clinton had a bigger cigar.....

What?

Oh, I understand now. If someone criticizes Bush you mention Clinton as a form of misdirection.

As Jelly Belly said in another thread: (In part)
Yea though I walk through the valley of Trolls,
I fear no evil save Bush and Delay.
They promised the moon and spoke of the loon.
Their words were dynamic all filled with dispair
even made some happy folks swoon.
Bush and Chainey... they care!
Gore and Liberman... its what they'll do.
Heckle and Jeckel another fine pair.
The left and the right they're us as well.
We'll steal Florida.. Harris won't tell.
Then all will know its cold here in Hell.;)