Bush Vows to Bring Saudi Bombers to Justice

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
heck, bush said that to Osama and Saddam; yet with the "almighty" US Military might under his command, those targets still allude him, with frustration that he'll just have to live with.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Carbonyl
Originally posted by: Thera
Originally posted by: Corn
I think his point was terrorism by it's very nature is 'underground' except in a couple select states like afganistan under the taliban. This is why I called for fighting it underground as well. I think we are doing this for the most part in Pakistan with thier coorperative government. We should do more of the same on a global scale.

I agree, keep it quite. Comments like: ""These despicable acts were committed by killers whose only faith is hate, and the United States will find the killers, and they will learn the meaning of American justice," President Bush said" Only make us look stupid when we don't deliver, and as a result we once again have to divert peoples attention. Use covert opps, hit them where it hurts, and like aforementioned, if they are underground, stay even lower, and hit them when they least expect it. Cowboy talk is great at the polls, but really solves nothing, you can boast about "American justice" when you have their heads on poles. Besides, nothing pisses off people in that region more than hearing American anything in reference to their country or people.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Better get use to it as it's only going to escalate. I'm flying cross country this Memorial Day and I am very nervous about it.

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Ok, the first time we were attacked by Saudi Arabian terrorists, we then attacked Iraq. Does this mean we get to kick their ass again?

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Piano Man
Ok, the first time we were attacked by Saudi Arabian terrorists, we then attacked Iraq. Does this mean we get to kick their ass again?

No, but this would be a great excuse to invade Syria.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Which first time?

When they first attacked and tried to bomb the WTC?

When they blew up two emabassies?

When they trained and gave weapons to the Somalias?

When they blew a hole in the side of the USS Cole and killed our sailors?

Study some history son.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: etech

Which first time?

When they first attacked and tried to bomb the WTC?

When they blew up two emabassies?

When they trained and gave weapons to the Somalias?

When they blew a hole in the side of the USS Cole and killed our sailors?

Study some history son.

I think he means the first attack that REALLY got a lot of people's attention. I don't think this is going to have staying power, there is still enough going on in Iraq to distract the public, and there were only about 8 Americans killed. I'm not trying to belittle the tragedy of it in anyway, I'm just saying that realistically, people are not going to be as affected and outraged by this, the same way few people remember the Anthrax attacks, they were just overshadowed by other news.

AnImuS

Sep 28, 2001
Terrorist will continue to win aslong as countries do limited work. I agree i feel were not much safer then before. The US cannot win against terrorism alone. Most countries do limited work or dont help. Most people want terrorist gone but this will mean violence which alot of people dont want.

These are the same people that were against the war on Iraq. Im sorry but you have to be a complete fool if you think Saddam was willing to leave Iraq or give up his WMD. take a look at Pakistan and US raids couple months back. Pakistan and the US both cooperated and did raids bring several terrorist to justice.

If Saudi Arabia was willing to do the same(along with other countries) then probably these attacks could of been prevented.
I do hope this attack starts to swing Saudi from the "middle" position they stand on.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: AnImuS

These are the same people that were against the war on Iraq. Im sorry but you have to be a complete fool if you think Saddam was willing to leave Iraq or give up his WMD. take a look at Pakistan and US raids couple months back. Pakistan and the US both cooperated and did raids bring several terrorist to justice.

If Saudi Arabia was willing to do the same(along with other countries) then probably these attacks could of been prevented.
I do hope this attack starts to swing Saudi from the "middle" position they stand on.

A. We have not found any WMD, so Saddam may not have been lying whe he said they destroyed them. Of course only time will tell.

B. Even though a lot of Saudi's were killed in this last attack, I still think the Saudi Gov. has to undertake a precarious balancing act when it comes to cooperating with the US. The Saud's are not exactly popular within SA, so if they appear to be siding with the US, it could mean more domestic trouble for them. Their cooperation so far has been mixed, but hopefully they will be smart and help out as much as they can on the DL.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Musharaff is having to do a similiar balancing act in Pakistan. I think his problem is even more acute based on the fact that there are a lot more AlQueda/Taliban and sympathizers in the country and in very high places in his goverment. It would be no big surprise if OBL was living in Pakistan, relatively free of fear from capture based on gov't contacts.

rchiu

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2002
Terrorist will continue to win aslong as countries do limited work. I agree i feel were not much safer then before. The US cannot win against terrorism alone. Most countries do limited work or dont help. Most people want terrorist gone but this will mean violence which alot of people dont want.

Heh, you have to be a complete fool if you think force solves everything. Do you think Israel haven't been forceful enough? Blind hatred and ignorance to other culture is the cause of terrorism and blind hatred and ignorance is not gonna solve it.

AnImuS

Sep 28, 2001
Originally posted by: rchiu

Heh, you have to be a complete fool if you think force solves everything. Do you think Israel haven't been forceful enough? Blind hatred and ignorance to other culture is the cause of terrorism and blind hatred and ignorance is not gonna solve it.

Im getting the feeling you think i believe war is the only option. Correct me if im wrong. Which is not my stand point. What i trying to say if (maybe you misunderstood) is that force is sometimes the ONLY option. Im all for a diplomatic solution but this isnt always possible, as some people believe we can talk are way out of every situation. my point is when the US delcared "WAR on Terrorism" prepare for casualties on both sides.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This is a fun thread, full of tremendous wisdom as to how to handle terrorism, how you have to respond with force, how you have to eliminate the threat. What happens when Theodore Kaczynski is Abu Mohamed the genius nanotech engineer who secretly and in isolation creates a molecular disassembler to bring the martyrs to heaven? When are people going to recognize that extinction is staring us in the face? When are people going to realize the emptiness of their solutions?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
"These despicable acts were committed by killers whose only faith is hate and the United States will find the killers and they will learn the meaning of American justice,"

This, by the way, does remind me of kindergarten sandbox talk, what you'd expect from a great sophisticate like Bush, embarassing and egotistically Amero-centric, but what do you expect him to say. Most people bluster and pump themselves up when they go for revenge. It's how we are. Chimps break of tree branches and stomp around. Anybody with sense climes a tree to watch. It's how we are. The more unkind you are to that sort of antic, the deeper underground you drive the impulse. Best thing is to love the monkey within if you have any intention of transcending him. You can't conquer him by stepping on his head.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
First how is Bush going to transport the bad guys to Justice... not aboard AirForce One I hope.. and why not to Mecca or somewhere close... all the way to Justice seems a trip of unnecessary distance for folks already dead... it seems to me. I understood they blew themselves up.... no... and all the parts would stain the carpet.... Yuk! Leave em there for the buzzards.... buzzards gotta eat too.

Zrom999

Banned
Apr 13, 2003
Bush is all talk. He said the same about the 9/11/01 attacks, invaded and turned Afganistan upside down and Bin Laden got away; probably by riding a donkey or something. He is probably sitting in a hot tub right now surrounded by women, polishing his AK-74su, watching CNN and laughing his arse off at Bush.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
I wonder if he will bring them to justice before or after they get bin Lauden or Saddam in handcluffs (spelling?).

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: ConclamoLudus
Bush should just surrender America to Al Quaida...they've obviously won the war on terror. :p

Do you really think Al Quaida would accept a seven thrillion dollar debt along with all the budget deficits upcomming... no way, Jose.... how would the reparations be made... and the WMD we have hidden all around... the UN inspectors would go bonkers... nah...
Bush should surrender to the Swiss... they have the money... and the America's cup.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
"Bush should surrender to the Swiss... they have the money... and the America's cup."

LOL The cheese isn't bad either, but I'd prefer to surrender to the French. Long lunches and 35 hour work week. Oh man that bites. I hate people who know how to live.

cpumaster

Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
Yahoo

I really want to say Bush should go to Hell . . . but I doubt that it's appropriate.

Did Bush plan to bring the suicide bombers back to life and put them on trial that will end up with death sentence :)
that would be like a real justice
of course he couldn't invade Saudi in this case....

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
"Bush should surrender to the Swiss... they have the money... and the America's cup."

LOL The cheese isn't bad either, but I'd prefer to surrender to the French. Long lunches and 35 hour work week. Oh man that bites. I hate people who know how to live.

Surrender to the Frogs... not this American war mongerer... I want to be on welfare and eat the free cheese from the Dept of Agriculture... my next choice would be Syria... we'll be there soon anyhow.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
do you mean proccessed "cheese food"? ;)

i really wish they didn't call that stuff American cheese, gives us a bad name.