Bush Vows to Bring Saudi Bombers to Justice

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Bush should go to hell because he pledged to do all he can to bring to justice those that committed a cowardly act of terrorism? I'm sure the families of those KILLED will be happy to hear an effort will e made to punish those responsible.

That comment really tarnishes some of your otherwise intellectual posts Bali....

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Hey, everybody allows the evil to take over from time to time. The little angel said, "you know better." The little devil said, "what are you waiting for punk."

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
Yahoo

I really want to say Bush should go to Hell . . . but I doubt that it's appropriate.
Missed your point.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what his plan is to bring suicide bombers to justice.

43st

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet
Yahoo

I really want to say Bush should go to Hell . . . but I doubt that it's appropriate.
Missed your point.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what his plan is to bring suicide bombers to justice.

1. Find target... make sure it meets some US interests, not to be confused with finding the actual evil doers.
2. Accuse said target of "terrorism".
3. Bring citizen tempers to a boil.
4. Simmer until popularity rating is above 60%.
5. Invade said target.
6. Defeat said target.
7. Install spineless Leader.
8. See step #1, repeat until election.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Thera
Yahoo

Missed your point.

1. Find target... make sure it meets some US interests, not to be confused with finding the actual evil doers.
5. Invade said target.
6. Defeat said target.

So Thera, what are your thoughts on the terrorists? It seems that you would rather ignore the terrorist suicide bombers just to post a mindless bash of Pres. Bush.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: etech
Yahoo

Missed your point.

5. Invade said target.
6. Defeat said target.

So Thera, what are your thoughts on the terrorists? It seems that you would rather ignore the terrorist suicide bombers just to post a mindless bash of Pres. Bush.

That's a good point. What can be really done to stop the terror though? Israel has tried for umpteen years unsucessfully. Frankly I don't know what causeing it againt us other than incursions into arab lands which can only increase hostilities. Sure we saw the ringers tearing down Saddams head but the majority was'nt there and they hate us at least as much. Could we stop being all over arabia, sure. But I think that's an impossibilty consideing the importance of OIL and globalization.

I've said it before, teddy roosvelt is the man, speak softly and carrry a big stick. I think we should low key in everything and send our own little sqauds out to dismantle these groups in every country. We have the cash, we have the resources, and manpower it just does'nt make the 5oclock news when your hitting one cell at a time behind enemy lines.

1. Those officials don't like terror anymore than we do so would easily be bribed or even offer assistance for free with intell and even undercover agents.

2. CIA operates inside all these countries with some dummy corp (a french name preferably) and we launch missions and attacks on terror cells from these places. IMO you must be on the ground and have good HUMAN intelligence for success.

3. We kill them and every support network while the the same time this "french Company" builds daycares, hospitals etcetcetc to will the people over.

ConclamoLudus

Jan 16, 2003
Originally posted by: Carbonyl

That's a good point. What can be really done to stop the terror though? Israel has tried for umpteen years unsucessfully. Frankly I don't know what causeing it againt us other than incursions into arab lands which can only increase hostilities. Sure we saw the ringers tearing down Saddams head but the majority was'nt there and they hate us at least as much. Could we stop being all over arabia, sure. But I think that's an impossibilty consideing the importance of OIL and globalization.

I've said it before, teddy roosvelt is the man, speak softly and carrry a big stick. I think we should low key in everything and send our own little sqauds out to dismantle these groups in every country. We have the cash, we have the resources, and manpower it just does'nt make the 5oclock news when your hitting one cell at a time behind enemy lines.

1. Those officials don't like terror anymore than we do so would easily be bribed or even offer assistance for free with intell and even undercover agents.

2. CIA operates inside all these countries with some dummy corp (a french name preferably) and we launch missions and attacks on terror cells from these places. IMO you must be on the ground and have good HUMAN intelligence for success.

3. We kill them and every support network while the the same time this "french Company" builds daycares, hospitals etcetcetc to will the people over.

I really agree with the basics of what you are saying, but the problem with this is that there is no political oversight. If we can't trust the government to do these things in front of the media's spotlight, than how can we trust the government to do these things in total secret. This would make the director of the CIA the most powerful man in the world, which he may or may not already be... :p

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
We don't have oversight now. The 911 docs are still sealed and we had to take the presidents word for WMDs and links to alquida in Iraq dispite roumored CIA objections. At least this way will are actually killing off the terror (it is a very small minority in these counties who are the perps) while at the same time not making anymore enemies.

Problem is it's harder and does'nt sell. But it's cheaper and more effective (not that they care about cheaper). Anyway it's widly known or human intell sucks. All I'm saying we should put waay more into it than feel-good measures like flag waving and searching blue-haired old ladies at airport terminals.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
So with these SUICIDE Bombers - we'll just pick up whatever peices of them we find left scattered around,
put them in a bucket and blow them up again ? Sounds like bringing them to justice.

ConclamoLudus

Jan 16, 2003
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
So with these SUICIDE Bombers - we'll just pick up whatever peices of them we find left scattered around,
put them in a bucket and blow them up again ? Sounds like bringing them to justice.

OR....

We find out who funded them and make sure they don't make more...

Then we blow the remains up again...and again...and agian... :p

43st

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
In my opinion the world isn't any safer today than it was before 9/11. And, as far as I'm concerned, we're doing nothing but pushing the threat underground. With this just happening in the last 24 hours I somehow doubt the effectiveness of the current plan.

So.... What can be done? We can start by talking about it openly. I distrust the President because he ran bullheaded into a china shop of foreign policy. But you know what? I can honestly see why you guys support that Reagan style attitude. What's the other option? Let it go through Congress? Ha! That's even more of cess pool for special interests.

You know what it is? Democracy isn't designed for quick decisions. It fails when it comes to cracking a decisive whip in the right direction. The Constitution was designed because the forefathers didn't trust it's own people to lead justly. Swiftness and justice are the price of freedom. No buzzword will ever change that.

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion I've been convincing myself I was wrong about all along - that a "war on terror" is not going to work. IMHO you can't beat this one into submission like you can a country - well - not without being involved in a perpetual state of warfare for the next few decades, if your lucky.

Andy

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
And, as far as I'm concerned, we're doing nothing but pushing the threat underground.

That has got to be the most idiotic thing I've ever read. LOL! Classic!

43st

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Corn
And, as far as I'm concerned, we're doing nothing but pushing the threat underground.

Care to provide an intelligent responce next time? I at least voiced an opinion. It's seems to be a common Conservative attack, insult the source but don't get involved in the conversation.

Hatred toward the US isn't going to stop because of what's going on currently. Post a rebuttal next time please.

ConclamoLudus

Jan 16, 2003

Care to provide an intelligent responce next time? I at least voiced an opinion. It's seems to be a common Conservative attack, insult the source but don't get involved in the conversation.

Hatred toward the US isn't going to stop because of what's going on currently. Post a rebuttal next time please.

Only conservatives do this? :p Come on...LOL

The problem I have with your statement is that you base what happened in Riyadh as a reason for saying that the current plan is unsuccessful. Thera how many attacks have been avoided by the current plan? How many terrorists have been killed or captured and how many lives have been saved? I wouldn't jump to conclusions. The question is if not a War on Terrorism, then what? Terrorism on Terrorism? Hugs on Terrorism? Or do we just ignore them...or do we do whatever they tell us to? I don't think I could come up with a better solution which certainly doesn't make it perfect though...

As for pushing it underground...I'd say it couldn't be more underground than it was on 9/10/01. If anything the spotlight is constantly on these guys now. Will some of them be able to sneak around it? Defenitely...but on 9/10 none of them were in the light.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Care to provide an intelligent responce next time?

Why? I was merely pointing out your ridiculous comment that we are driving underground terrorist organizations underground!

Here's the rebuttal for those who remain ignorant of recent history:

We endured several attacks (previous Saudi bombing, Cole bombing, African embassy bombings) without direct military (and possibly *any*) response but that didn't seem to stop the frequency or ferocity of terrorist attacks against us, instead they were emboldened to bring them here.

Ask yourself, at what price would you pay to appease the "american hating" terrorists so that they won't bomb us anymore? Remember the single most expensive item on that shopping list would be to encourage others to use the same means of getting what they want, no matter how legit (or not) their beef is.

Hell, using your logic we might as well just let our home-bred murderers go free too, because our current system of justice still hasn't stemmed the tide of violence. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Give me a goddamned break.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

I think his point was terrorism by it's very nature is 'underground' except in a couple select states like afganistan under the taliban. This is why I called for fighting it underground as well. I think we are doing this for the most part in Pakistan with thier coorperative government. We should do more of the same on a global scale.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
As for pushing it underground...I'd say it couldn't be more underground than it was on 9/10/01. If anything the spotlight is constantly on these guys now. Will some of them be able to sneak around it? Defenitely...but on 9/10 none of them were in the light.

No, you are wrong, we are pushing them more underground! ;)

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000

I don't think we should ignore terrorists, but I would rather take care of the problem where it exists (Saudi Arabia), and not prestidigitate the problem where it isn't (Iraq).

The Saudis have been covering up al Qaeda and probably secretly supporting them for quite a while.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001

No, you are wrong, we are pushing them more underground! ;)
Well, if we keep it up, they'll soon be so underground we'll just need to put up a RIP marker and be done with it. ;)

In seriousness, I'm fairly satisfied in regards to the anti-terrorist effort that the US has been pushing so far. Terrorism will never go away because one man with a gun can be a terrorist; the means for terrorism are too easily obtained. What needs to be done and is being done is to go after organized terrorism; the leadership, the cells, the money, and the support. The organized groups need to be disrupted and dispersed wherever this is possible, it must be a multilateral effort involving as many nations as possible, and it has to be sustained indefinately.

43st

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
The "more underground" comment was made based on the succesful war on drugs. Yeah... I know it's silly. As for the effectiveness of the war on terror, only time will tell if it's working or not. You guys think it's working, I don't. I'm not going to change your mind and you won't change mine. I have no problem with that.

I know that being in NYC things haven't changed much, we're still waiting for the next hit. I guess Isreal is doing a pretty good job at stopping terror so maybe I should but my trust in that approach. They've been at it for 50 years I'm sure they'll win one of these days.

ConclamoLudus

Jan 16, 2003
The "more underground" comment was made based on the succesful war on drugs. Yeah... I know it's silly. As for the effectiveness of the war on terror, only time will tell if it's working or not. You guys think it's working, I don't. I'm not going to change your mind and you won't change mine. I have no problem with that.

I know that being in NYC things haven't changed much, we're still waiting for the next hit. I guess Isreal is doing a pretty good job at stopping terror so maybe I should but my trust in that approach. They've been at it for 50 years I'm sure they'll win one of these days.

So you don't think its working and you don't have a better solution? What is the comparison between terrorism and drugs? Is it that there is a war against both of them? That neither of them are a country? Its tough to sort out what is your sarcasm and what is your position. What is your basis for believing that the war on terror isn't working. You must have some reason to believe so. Don't be so sure that you can't change minds, if you don't think you can then why don't you just go tell a mirror your beliefs, same effect.

Just because you'll never change your mind doesn't mean others won't. :)

MinorityReport

Jul 2, 2002
Originally posted by: BDawg

I don't think we should ignore terrorists, but I would rather take care of the problem where it exists (Saudi Arabia), and not prestidigitate the problem where it isn't (Iraq).

The Saudis have been covering up al Qaeda and probably secretly supporting them for quite a while.

Now guess who has been covering the Saudis who in turn cover Al Queda ?

Bush and the entire oil lobby back home in US.

So what happens now ?

Do you know what power the royal family has ?

Do this : Try printing an anti Royal family article on your own local town nespaper.

Wait and watch wher eyou get calls from .. and threat to follow. :D