Bush To Push For Constitutional Ban On Gay Marriage

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
2-8-2004 Catholic Same-Sex Marriage Foes Rally in Boston

BOSTON - Hundreds of opponents of same-sex marriage gathered Sunday on Boston Common to show support for a proposed constitutional amendment that would define marriage as the union of one man and one woman.

Speakers lined up for the rally included some of the state's most high-profile gay marriage opponents, including Archbishop Sean P. O'Malley of the Roman Catholic Boston Archdiocese, and state House Speaker Thomas Finneran.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Orsorum
Originally posted by: classy

Look, we choose who we go to bed with. Period. So stop with the nonsense.
Being married is bewteen a MAN & a WOMAN. End of discussion.

Wow.

"We choose who we go to bed with", because all smart people know this! If you don't believe this or have scientific or logical evidence to the contrary, you're an idiot, or a pagan, or a communist.
"So stop with the nonsense," because in furthering debate you're muddying the truth and simply trying to confuse all of us right-thinkers.
"Being married is between a MAN and a WOMAN" - if we were arguing in person, Classy, is this where you would start screaming and maybe start belittling the other side? Just shout louder, and it somehow further validates your "point"?
"End of discussion" - I can't really explain my point any further, so I'm going to limit my exposure to controversial ideas or thoughts by proclaiming that the subject is over. That's right, it's over. It's 1910 and we know everything we need to about physics and psychology. The moon is made of cheese and Mars has canals. We may as well stop debating and go back to living our happy little lives.

You're the worst kind of politico, Classy, ignorant and a bad debater all rolled into one. Either open your eyes to the light and have the guts to respond with logic and self-examination, or crawl back into your stuffy little hole. Don't waste our time with your childish behavior.

LOL Some of u guys crack me up. You post your little dribble like you got it all figured out. And anyone who'll disagree is all sorts of things. Some of the same losers I see posting the almighty gay rally flag are some of the same garbage folks who'll bash blacks and anyone who'll support things like AA. Not all of you, but most of you couldn't find a clue if someone freaking gave it you. And as far as debater I do respond with logic but because small minded folks like you just look at things from your perspective and no one else's. What gets me is that you attack me with name calling all becasue I believe that a man is suppose to be with a woman. A person of the opposite sex. That makes me wrong? U need to grow the &*(*^&* up. The last time I checked it was completely damn normal to believe a man should marry a woman. Freaking idiot.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: classy

LOL Some of u guys crack me up. You post your little dribble like you got it all figured out. And anyone who'll disagree is all sorts of things. Some of the same losers I see posting the almighty gay rally flag are some of the same garbage folks who'll bash blacks and anyone who'll support things like AA. Not all of you, but most of you couldn't find a clue if someone freaking gave it you. And as far as debater I do respond with logic but because small minded folks like you just look at things from your perspective and no one else's. What gets me is that you attack me with name calling all becasue I believe that a man is suppose to be with a woman. A person of the opposite sex. That makes me wrong? U need to grow the &*(*^&* up. The last time I checked it was completely damn normal to believe a man should marry a woman. Freaking idiot.

Now that's logic, folks.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: chess9
Moonbeam was a bit perturbed by Dari's half-stepping. Understandable, but Dari is starting to show signs of being able to see shades of gray. In a couple of years we may him up to 16 color mode. :)

-Robert

Dari is an ubermench, chess, and doesn't believe in religion. Religious types are just grist for the neocon mill, stooges to be used and controlled. They get uppity occasionally as with a ban on gay marriage and have to be put back in their box. Similarly they can be annoying, the real religious types, who think Jesus was serious about love and that PNAC is immoral. Religious types, while marginally useful against the left, need to evolve and get up to speed with the Age of Liberation. Free that mind of God. Onward non-Christian soldiers......

You really need to STFU. If anything, you should be praising me for defending people like you. A couple of years ago I was dating this girl who had a gay brother. Her father didn't approve of it. However, one day he snapped. The man accused the Devil of invading his son. But in a strange twist, he justified the homosexuality by saying that the Devil made his son's ass itch. The itching invited demons who promised to make it go away, but used the son's ass as a gateway. The father sweared that the only way to get rid of the Devil and demons was to beat the gayness out of his own. Obviously that didn't work. I had to talk him out of killing his own son. Anyway, he finally came around to acceptance. I don't know how the situation is today because I broke up with Rachel after got tired of dealing with other people's problem.

You owe me one.

PS: Don't make anymore inane assumptions about me and religion. Just because you don't believe in a God doesn't mean you have the right to spread lies and other immoral acts.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: chess9
Moonbeam was a bit perturbed by Dari's half-stepping. Understandable, but Dari is starting to show signs of being able to see shades of gray. In a couple of years we may him up to 16 color mode. :)

-Robert

Dari is an ubermench, chess, and doesn't believe in religion. Religious types are just grist for the neocon mill, stooges to be used and controlled. They get uppity occasionally as with a ban on gay marriage and have to be put back in their box. Similarly they can be annoying, the real religious types, who think Jesus was serious about love and that PNAC is immoral. Religious types, while marginally useful against the left, need to evolve and get up to speed with the Age of Liberation. Free that mind of God. Onward non-Christian soldiers......

You really need to STFU. If anything, you should be praising me for defending people like you. A couple of years ago I was dating this girl who had a gay brother. Her father didn't approve of it. However, one day he snapped. The man accused the Devil of invading his son. But in a strange twist, he justified the homosexuality by saying that the Devil made his son's ass itch. The itching invited demons who promised to make it go away, but used the son's ass as a gateway. The father sweared that the only way to get rid of the Devil and demons was to beat the gayness out of his own. Obviously that didn't work. I had to talk him out of killing his own son. Anyway, he finally came around to acceptance. I don't know how the situation is today because I broke up with Rachel after got tired of dealing with other people's problem.

You owe me one.

PS: Don't make anymore inane assumptions about me and religion. Just because you don't believe in a God doesn't mean you have the right to spread lies and other immoral acts.

preCRT

Platinum Member
Apr 12, 2000
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

BOSTON - Hundreds of opponents of same-sex marriage gathered Sunday on Boston Common to show support for a proposed constitutional amendment that would define marriage as the union of one man and one woman.

Speakers lined up for the rally included some of the state's most high-profile gay marriage opponents, including Archbishop Sean P. O'Malley of the Roman Catholic Boston Archdiocese, and state House Speaker Thomas Finneran.

Funny how those same people care more about 2 consenting adults making life long legal commitments together than they did about priests abusing innocent children.

RobCur

Banned
Oct 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Gaard
Amending the constitution for the purpose of discriminating.
rolleye.gif

Bush needs to go.

Isn't this pushing one's ideals on others? Seperation and all that...
But he refuses to leave regardless how many people dislikes him and his disregard for our constitution pretty much says everything about him. He has gone too far and is always making some people outright angry whether it is right or wrong. If he think gay is a minority, he is serously dead wrong. btw, I could be one too so he has picked the wrong type of people to outlaw.

RobCur

Banned
Oct 4, 2002
Originally posted by: outriding
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Bush is going to put sexual orientation in our country's most sacred document.

THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE!

Can things get any more ridiculous?

Dont you know that all gays are terrorists ?

;)

I dont know why bush is making such a big deal about this its not like they can reproduce and take over the world.
because bush enjoys being anal to others without to regard for anyone's feeling. he has done more harm to this nation then anyone ever did in the american history. proof? well, look around and find out.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: preCRT

Funny how those same people care more about 2 consenting adults making life long legal commitments together than they did about priests abusing innocent children.

Sorry Pre but this issue has alot more to it than simply 2 consenting adults making a "life commitment" than the press likes to lead on about....try watching something other than syndicated national news (Good luck finiding anything objective in the form of media though) and learn what the *real* issues are, I will give you a hint though, insurance is a biggie....

I read an interesting response to the issue of the term *marriage* with re. this movement and why any compromise, even if it applied to everyone gay or straight would never be accepted...

the quote was:

they need the word marriage, to mainstream their lifestyle. This is all about mainstreaming their lifestyle in society. Benefits and inheritances etc are really just the arguments. But not what this is all about.

Which after hearing alot about this on both sides I agree with, even if it were changed for everyone gay or straight I don't think the same sex movement would accept it and they *need* the word marriage.

Moonbeam Said:

Funny as a recent article I read said that more people are turning towards religion not less....personally I think religion has its place and to totally abolish it as Moonbeam would like to would be silly.

preCRT

Platinum Member
Apr 12, 2000
Originally posted by: bozack
Originally posted by: preCRT

Sorry Pre but this issue has alot more to it than simply 2 consenting adults making a "life commitment" than the press likes to lead on about....try watching something other than syndicated national news (Good luck finiding anything objective in the form of media though) and learn what the *real* issues are, I will give you a hint though, insurance is a biggie....

I read an interesting response to the issue of the term *marriage* with re. this movement and why any compromise, even if it applied to everyone gay or straight would never be accepted...

the quote was:

they need the word marriage, to mainstream their lifestyle. This is all about mainstreaming their lifestyle in society. Benefits and inheritances etc are really just the arguments. But not what this is all about.

Which after hearing alot about this on both sides I agree with, even if it were changed for everyone gay or straight I don't think the same sex movement would accept it and they *need* the word marriage.

If you are referring to the financial differences between 'marriage' and 'civil commitment' it doesn't matter. Why should only heterosexual couples get those benefits?

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Dari While I have no affinity for homosexuals, I do believe that they are natural, not artificial. Who knows, perhaps they are here to keep the population in check. Whatever. The point is that 10% of all animals are gay and I believe this to be a natural abberation. To create an amendment soley for the purpose of excluding a minority of the populace of whatever social pact they might want to endeavour in is in itself artificial and smacks of bias. It's unacceptable in an age of liberation.

As spurred by Moonie's mention of Bonobo Chimps I stumbled across this quote:

"Infanticide is widespread in the animal kingdom. To jump from that to say it is desirable makes no sense. We shouldn't be using animals to craft moral and social policies for the kinds of human societies we want to live in. Animals don't take care of the elderly. I don't particularly think that should be a platform for closing down nursing homes."

-Paul L. Vasey, a professor of psychology and neuroscience at the University of Lethbridge in Canada, who studies homosexual behavior in Japanese macaques

LadyJessica

Apr 20, 2000
The president sure has warped priorities. He went on national television to put his support behind a constitutional ban on gay marriage, yet what about his proposed $2 trillion budget? What about the issues with Iraq? What about the job hemorrhage to other countries? Seriously, this guy needs to get his priorities straight.