Bush overcoached for Russert Interview

bossanov

Nov 30, 2003
He is:
- anticipating question
- giving answers to questions not asked
- stretching his responses to questions to use up time
- give the same answer to all questions on Iraq (even he said he sounded like a broken record)
- accusing Russert of asking trick questions
- Claims questions about is military service are denegrating the honor of the Nationa Guard

My thoughts. Bush has said he would still go to war with Iraq even knowing what he knows now. So why both with the commission?

Wake up America!

We're in trouble.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
bossanov:

Excellent points. But for Bush, that was a stellar performance. The guy isn't smart enough to lead a horse to water let alone lead the nation.

Karl Rove is probably crying in the West Wing.

He'd better hide the goods until election time or Bush is in big trouble.

Time for the Arnold Defense.

-Robert

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: chess9
bossanov:

Excellent points. But for Bush, that was a stellar performance. The guy isn't smart enough to lead a horse to water let alone lead the nation.

Karl Rove is probably crying in the West Wing.

He'd better hide the goods until election time or Bush is in big trouble.

Time for the Arnold Defense.

-Robert

Or he could just use my wife, she bought every bit of it.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Dave:

Well, there you have it. My wife has always voted Republican. But she detests Bush. I think he's definitely a very polarizing figure.

What does she like about him?

-Robert

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Dave:

Well, there you have it. My wife has always voted Republican. But she detests Bush. I think he's definitely a very polarizing figure.

-Robert

She believes everything he said in the Interview. She said she doesn't trust Kerry to protect us from Madmen like Bush has.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Dave:

-Robert

She believes everything he said in the Interview. She said she doesn't trust Kerry to protect us from Madmen like Bush has.

See, that is what he wants IMO. It's why he kept bringing up how we are in constant danger and how the world is so dangerous and only he can protect us. Fear is the easiest way to get people in line...it's actually so obvious, it's sad people are buying it.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
The best part of your quote:

"She said she doesn't trust Kerry to protect us from Madmen like Bush"

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Dave:

Does your wife have any idea how many madmen there are in the world? We would be everywhere in the world. Africa alone could consume the entire GDP of the U.S. in terms of a military budget. Scary thought that.

-Robert

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Dave:

-Robert

See, that is what he wants IMO. It's why he kept bringing up how we are in constant danger and how the world is so dangerous and only he can protect us. Fear is the easiest way to get people in line...it's actually so obvious, it's sad people are buying it.

Dave:

Does your wife have any idea how many madmen there are in the world? We would be everywhere in the world. Africa alone could consume the entire GDP of the U.S. in terms of a military budget. Scary thought that.

-Robert

I asked her. She said she doesn't know Kerry, that she knows Bush and how he can protect us.

It is VERY CLEAR, the FEAR Campaign works and is working beautifully for the current Administration and GOP machine such as Rush, Hannity & CAD & Co.

Edit: I type this with a tear in my eye and bewilderment especially after the FEAR that we both faced together in the face of Political Tyranny. I don't understand it other than there must be more personal component to it as well such as hinted earlier on that there is some kind of "charm" he holds on people. The stutter, the smirk, what??? I don't know, wish I knew.

Edit2: She was with me in backing Dean a few weeks ago until the "Yeaaaaaaahhhhh", that scared the bejeeesus out of her and apparently a whole lot of others that react to emotions.

I'm not sure why she was willing to give Dean a chance but not Kerry, she hinted because he has been an Unknown as a Senator for 20 years.

I agree with that to a point, I am against all "Career" Politicians but when you have a case of the particular Career Politician already sitting in the Whitehouse and what he has done with it, you've got to get a fresh set of downs.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
I think the better question is how many people realize the US supports some madmen (sad regimes).

Exactly, we were the ones that backed and put Hussein in there to begin with. It was simple case of the biting the hand that fed you.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I think the better question is how many people realize the US supports some madmen (sad regimes).

Exactly, we were the ones that backed and put Hussein in there to begin with. It was simple case of the biting the hand that fed you.
The fear your wife feels is the fear she will relive what happened to her as a child. This is universal and insight without understanding is how cleaver manipulative minds, minds that use the dark side, are able to use fear to obtain power, their escape from their own fear. But those who have power and lack self understanding always back into their fear by their irrationality and insanity. They create what they fear because behind our fear is a pull toward life. Thus when we vote our of fear, we cast the best vote that will insure it happens. Our death wish is our desire to live reflected backward. We died of trauma as children and spend the rest of our lives trying to get our life back by moving and being repelled by movement toward memory of that trauma. We are like moths around a flame, flying toward the light and being repelled and burnt by the flame. This is a catch 22, a paradox that can only be resolved in a higher understanding.

When you began to see that your fear is a projection from the past, when you begin to feel your fear you can begin to go back. When you experience feelings and start to connect to memory you will have explicit proof of what I say. You will know this is the truth. But it's not easy to do. However there is nothing else to do. It does help a bit, maybe, to know the facts. Everything we fear has already happened.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
The fear your wife feels is the fear she will relive what happened to her as a child. This is universal and insight without understanding is how cleaver manipulative minds, minds that use the dark side, are able to use fear to obtain power, their escape from their own fear. But those who have power and lack self understanding always back into their fear by their irrationality and insanity. They create what they fear because behind our fear is a pull toward life. Thus when we vote our of fear, we cast the best vote that will insure it happens. Our death wish is our desire to live reflected backward. We died of trauma as children and spend the rest of our lives trying to get our life back by moving and being repelled by movement toward memory of that trauma. We are like moths around a flame, flying toward the light and being repelled and burnt by the flame. This is a catch 22, a paradox that can only be resolved in a higher understanding.

When you began to see that your fear is a projection from the past, when you begin to feel your fear you can begin to go back. When you experience feelings and start to connect to memory you will have explicit proof of what I say. You will know this is the truth. But it's not easy to do. However there is nothing else to do. It does help a bit, maybe, to know the facts. Everything we fear has already happened.

apparently you scored some good stuff this weekend...

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003

It wasnt the Neocons that put him in there, although they supported Hussein and Iraq in their war against Iran.

The Iraq mess dates back to Kennedy. The royal family was overthrown, and Kennedy and the CIA supported a coup to oust the dictator that ousted the royal family. Turns out the guy we helped take power was worse the the guy we ousted. Then LBJ, and Nixon both okayed CIA involvement in Iraq. Which eventually lead to Hussein taking power.

Bush cleaned up the mess the presidents from the 60-80s created. Granted its still a mess but instead of supporting coups, then backing out and doing nothing, we are staying, so another madman doesnt take control of Iraq.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon

apparently you scored some good stuff this weekend...

I wish you knew how good, but it wasn't this weekend and it wasn't stuff. You cut the drug I use, dealer. :D

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: digitalsm

It wasnt the Neocons that put him in there, although they supported Hussein and Iraq in their war against Iran.

The Iraq mess dates back to Kennedy. The royal family was overthrown, and Kennedy and the CIA supported a coup to oust the dictator that ousted the royal family. Turns out the guy we helped take power was worse the the guy we ousted. Then LBJ, and Nixon both okayed CIA involvement in Iraq. Which eventually lead to Hussein taking power.

Bush cleaned up the mess the presidents from the 60-80s created. Granted its still a mess but instead of supporting coups, then backing out and doing nothing, we are staying, so another madman doesnt take control of Iraq.

Wow, so is Bush going to blame John F Kennedy and every Democratic President since as well? If that is the case then why didn't the republican Presidents in between take out the Dictators? Even Bush's Dad backed away when he was at the front door.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Except for the excessive ramble, I actually understand some of the "Fear Factor", she was in the heart of the Fear Generation with daily drills spending countless hours scrunched up underneath school desks or dark damp basements with the school alarm bells or horns sounding.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Honestly, I don't understand what the fear is all about. Even 9/11 with 2500-3000 people dying, doesn't hold a candle to how many people die each day from car accidents, cigarette smoking or tripping in the bathtub. Dying in a terrorist attack in the U.S. should be a far smaller concern than our everyday activities.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
The best part of your quote:

"She said she doesn't trust Kerry to protect us from Madmen like Bush"
Darn, you beat me to it.

:)

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Dave:

-Robert

Its apparent she doesn't even have an idea about the one sleeping in her bed... ;)

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
"we are staying, so another madman doesnt take control of Iraq. "

There are those who would argue that another madman has already taken control...

I'm not among them, but it's food for thought.

Hussein is only a Madman in the terms applicable to any paranoid sociopath. Many others are in power throughout the world, and will continue to be, some with the help of Uncle Sam...

As for Bush, his performance today was pretty soft, and Russert let him slide more than once, particularly wrt doubletalk about budgeting and taxes... Russert let him slide off the hook by delving into child tax credits, when half the taxcuts go to 1% of Americans, folks who don't need a child credit...

It seems clear that Bush&Co. will be referencing the terrorist boogeyman a lot between now and November, too, scaremongering votes and pointless military expenditures with constant war references...

Be Afwaid, be vewwy, vewwy afwaid...

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Honestly, I don't understand what the fear is all about. Even 9/11 with 2500-3000 people dying, doesn't hold a candle to how many people die each day from car accidents, cigarette smoking or tripping in the bathtub. Dying in a terrorist attack in the U.S. should be a far smaller concern than our everyday activities.
It's the same irrational fear that causes people to fear flying but feel safe on the highway. The theory is it is some combination of control -- people feel they are in control in a car -- coupled with having grown accustomed to common, everyday dangers. I suspect Israelis fear terrorism much less than the average American, even though their risk is much higher.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla
Dave:

-Robert

Its apparent she doesn't even have an idea about the one sleeping in her bed... ;)

The Tin Foil Hat keeps her blinded.

fitzhue

Golden Member
Sep 24, 2000
Man I really wanted to see this but I went to the auto show instead. I think it was a fair tradeoff. Did anyone capture this?

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: fitzhue
Man I really wanted to see this but I went to the auto show instead. I think it was a fair tradeoff. Did anyone capture this?

MSNBC is going to air it at 5 ET.