Bush overcoached for Russert Interview

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
What I want to know is when are we going to do something about the madman in the whitehouse?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Missed the dang thing, but read the transcript. Nothing interesting. Wonder if Bush was provided with the questions in advance?

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
MonstaThrilla:

Well, Dave must be good at SOMETHING! :Q
rolleye.gif

-Robert

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Bush cleaned up the mess the presidents from the 60-80s created. Granted its still a mess but instead of supporting coups, then backing out and doing nothing, we are staying, so another madman doesnt take control of Iraq.
Heartsurgeon will love this analogy. Bush is essentially practicing transplant surgery despite having a minimal understanding of anatomy or physiology. He cut open Iraq using a machete, yanked out a poor functioning albeit still functional heart, replaced it with a pump from a 5-gallon aquarium, stitched the heart in with dental floss, and closed the wound with Scotch tape. Bush has declared the patient "cured" and getting "better".

The truth is that the patient desperately needs a new heart . . . and by now likely will require new lungs and kidneys as well. Unfortunately, the longer the patient goes without proper care . . . the odds of recovery fall precipitously. But the surgeon has yet to comprehend that he doesn't know what he's doing.

Listening to Bush now it's even more apparent that he has no clue. He has nothing but hopes and dreams . . . many of which clearly are not his own b/c he can scarcely expound upon his own words and actions. People that feel comfort from watching this interview have no concept of what Bush has done to the world. The sustainable future of this planet has absolutely NOTHING to do with $400-500B US DOD budgets . . . but it has everything to do with true respect for human rights . . . including the right of self-determination.

Could you imagine Bush committing $50B to create a Palestinian homeland? If the US built a country of Palestine (with the cooperation of Jordan, Syria, AND Israel) there would truly be a case for saying Bush was making the world safer by removing havens of terrorism and giving millions of people hope for a better future. Instead Israel is annexing the portions of Palestine that it wants while Bush has essentially annexed Iraq . . . although he allegedly wants to give it back by June 30.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
They've got some pretty good video of the interview here, in case anyone want to check it out. Not sure if it's the whole deal or just clips . . .

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: chess9
Dave:

Does your wife have any idea how many madmen there are in the world? We would be everywhere in the world. Africa alone could consume the entire GDP of the U.S. in terms of a military budget. Scary thought that.

-Robert

That, like a similar question Russert asked, is very stupid? All madmen are not threats to America. And all channels have not been exhausted.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon
Bush overcoached for Russert Interview
This should be locked. It is just a repost of the innumerable "we hate Bush for anything/everything he does" thread.

Never fear, when Kerry or whoever gets the nomination, I believe conservatives will get their revenge. As for me, I have enough information to decide how to vote, assuming no unforseen blockbusters, so all this is irrelevent.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Never fear, when Kerry or whoever gets the nomination, I believe conservatives will get their revenge. As for me, I have enough information to decide how to vote, assuming no unforseen blockbusters, so all this is irrelevent.
I see two revelations coming to light: 1) Kerry admits that he was cheering for Ho Chi Mihn. 2) Bushies discover a document proving not only that Bush served honorably in the Guard but he was a covert ops commando sent to kill Ho Chi Mihn . . . that's why there's a gap in his service record.