Bush on Meet The Press tomorrow morning (This place should be hopping!)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
His answer about Vietnam demonstrates he doesn't understand the lessons from that war. Very sad to hear him parroting the line of McNamara and the generals from the '60's.

:(

-Robert

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Bush:

"It's tough here in Washington, it's the biggest dissapointment"

If you can't handle the heat in the kitchen then why should we let you cook for 4 more years??? :confused:

"I'm not going to lose"

"I know exactly where I want to lead the Country"

and where is that????????????????????

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Man...Russert is taking it easy on him and he is still having trouble. Imagine if he was really pressing him...

Although, I think he probably get's a bit of break because he is the President, and I can't blame Russert.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
I'm glad Mr. Russert gave specific casualty numbers when he asked Mr. Bush about Iraq.

preCRT

Platinum Member
Apr 12, 2000
If he can't handle Russert with kid gloves, how the heck is he going to come off during the debates this fall? ;)

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
I like how he asked him if it was a war of choice or a war of necessity, and he asked him to elaborate...LOL.

Teh questions are teh confusing!!! ;)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
It's obvious to me from Bushes responses that whether there were actually WMDs or not he felt that we had to invade Iraq.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: BugsBunny1078
Bush has a pretty bad stutter goin on there.

Maybe people love that stutter I don't know but my wife loved the Interview and said she believes everything he said to Tim and Kerry doesn't have a chance and she will vote for Bush again. :confused: :|

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
What was that 'Uaaahhg' sound he kept making ?
Like a recording machine rewinding to repeate the same answer.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
LOL, Bush just said Rush Limbaugh is wrong:) BTW, I think he is presenting his case well not that I agree on his reason to go to war in Iraq when we did!

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Where are all of Bush's defenders? They are avoiding this thread like the plague!!

I guess that alone speaks volumes.

Bush better go in hiding. He NEEDS to hide his 1 watt lamp under a bushel basket. :) :)

-Robert

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
OMG! I almost spit my tea all over the screen when he said "fiscal discipline"...

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Chess9 -
They're waiting to the edited rebuttal version to be aproved for the talking points.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
"I'm not going to change because of polls."

Why are you doing this interview again?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Bush definately didn't hurt himself with this interview. Those who don't like him are going to criticize it and those who are in love with him are going to praise it.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: chess9
Where are all of Bush's defenders? They are avoiding this thread like the plague!!

I guess that alone speaks volumes.

Bush better go in hiding. He NEEDS to hide his 1 watt lamp under a bushel basket. :) :)

-Robert

Her ya go Bobby. From another thread:

It's almost as lame as when one of the resident limp wristers posts some inane, ranting op-ed piece (usually by Paul Krugman) bashing the President. It serves as a mating call for the rest of the red faced ranters, sucking them neatly out of their NAMBLA meetings right into the thread where they can add do the shrillness and incoherence by typing a plethora of literary gems like "Bush is evil" or "Bush is a disaster" while simultaneously quoting an article or document they've never read and jerking each other off. Then, about 80 posts into the thread, when they are spent to the verge of exhaustion, their wrists throbbing and their faces shades of red no video card could ever capture, one of them will summon the strength to type "Where are all the Bush apologists, why aren't they in here defending this"? At which point I say to myself:

"Why? You have such a love fest going on, that no one wants to walk into the room unannounced and see what a good time you are having with each other. I'll close the door and let you carry on."

Take it personally Bobby because it's about you and those like you.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
CaptK:

They know he's a terrible speaker, but they have other strategies. They will limit his appearances, particularly after this debacle. He just kills himself with men in particular. He is soooooo unbelievable and illogical. I think the left side of his brain is dysfunctional. And his speech patterns are unnatural indicating some cerebral cortex malfunctions. :)

-Robert

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Bush definately didn't hurt himself with this interview. Those who don't like him are going to criticize it and those who are in love with him are going to praise it.

Really? Did you watch the same interview? He was having problems with the soft ball questions from Russert. I will admit, I'm not a fan, but you really think this was a good appearance??

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Really? Did you watch the same interview? He was having problems with the soft ball questions from Russert. I will admit, I'm not a fan, but you really think this was a good appearance??

I didn't see him having any problems. He gave the answers he wanted and seemed not to be flustered. He did better than he did back in the 2000 Elelctions

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
UQ -

He leaves it pretty much up to the position that those in the audience may draw thier own conclusions as they see fit.
Those who are in his camp can read out of it everything they see as strength and character for support,
and those on the other side of the political spectrum are free to read into it that which they feel is damning to him.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
UQ -

He leaves it pretty much up to the position that those in the audience may draw thier own conclusions as they see fit.
Those who are in his camp can read out of it everything they see as strength and character for support,
and those on the other side of the political spectrum are free to read into it that which they feel is damning to him.

That pretty much nails it. My wife along with Rush, Hannity, CAD & Co and the other AT Bush Loyalist's would follow Bush off that Bridge they all own a part of.