Bush: "No President has ever done more for human rights than I have."

jahawkin

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2000
Link
He didn't free the slaves.
He didn't rid the world of Hitler.

He didn't even - like his father - preside over the destruction of the Berlin Wall.

Yet George W. Bush tells New Yorker writer Ken Auletta: "No President has ever done more for human rights than I have."

With stunners like that, no wonder he spends so little time with journalists.

I know Bush doesn't read the news, so his "objective sources" in his cabinet must really be feeding him some good lines.

TheBDB

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2002
Hmmm...as I am thinking back over the past couple years, I can't think of ANYTHING Bush has done for human rights. He should let people know all the amazing things he is doing!
rolleye.gif

Ultima

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 1999
hahahahahahaha.. maybe he means in a negative sense? As in no president has ever done more to take away human rights"? ;)

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
This president came closer to unifying the world than any previous president. They all hate us now.

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Ultima
hahahahahahaha.. maybe he means in a negative sense? As in no president has ever done more to take away human rights"? ;)

How dare you suggest that you unpatriotic liberal you! :D

*ducks and runs for cover*

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
Bush must think hes God or something.

Edit: Need I even mention the Patriot Act?

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Well to some extent the people in Kabul have greater rights than they did under the Taliban and Shi'ites in Iraq typically get warning shots.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: jahawkin
Yet George W. Bush tells New Yorker writer Ken Auletta: "No President has ever done more for human rights than I have."
Perhaps he meant it ironically?

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
uni
Originally posted by: Whitling
This president came closer to unifying the world than any previous president. They all hate us now.

Ahh.. I suppose that's what he meant when he said "I'm a uniter, not a divider"

TheBDB

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2002
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Originally posted by: jahawkin
Perhaps he meant it ironically?

Haha, yeah maybe he winked after he said it. ;)

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Abe didnt set out to free the slaves. Also while we went after hitler we turned a blind eye to the slaughtering that Stalin did, which was worse than what Hitler did. Stalin and the Soviets slaughtered more people than Hitler, and they got away with it.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: tallest1
Bush must think hes God or something.

Edit: Need I even mention the Patriot Act?

Need I even mention the two numbers 98 and 0. The Senate vote for the Patriot Act. Congress isnt being held accountable for its actions these days, and they should.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Need I even mention the two numbers 98 and 0. The Senate vote for the Patriot Act. Congress isnt being held accountable for its actions these days, and they should.
Well here's an idea . . . dump all of them. Send every incumbent in DC packing. Granted, it's entirely possible we would get more poo considering the major parties have ample limp armed bandits in the bullpen.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Like all the things his father did to get the US economy rolling successfully for a decade, George W. Bush got the ball rolling on the war on terror and the dismantling of WMDs the world over. Now, more than ever, nations are realizing the dangers of WMDs and unstable regimes. Bush has already, directly or indirectly, changed three regimes (Iraq, Afghanistan, and Liberia), all of which were outlawed. No one said the dismantling of WMDs or the war against terror was going to be easy. But it's a responsibility that is shared by the family of nations, led by the United States. By education, globalization, intelligence, and the armed forces, Bush is doing remarkedbly well in this new world. From Northeast to Southwest Asia, the Maghreb, Europe, and Sub-Saharan Africa, the pursuit of peace and stability is complex and far-reaching.

Ultima

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 1999
Originally posted by: Dari
Like all the things his father did to get the US economy rolling successfully for a decade, George W. Bush got the ball rolling on the war on terror and the dismantling of WMDs the world over. Now, more than ever, nations are realizing the dangers of WMDs and unstable regimes. Bush has already, directly or indirectly, changed three regimes (Iraq, Afghanistan, and Liberia), all of which were outlawed. No one said the dismantling of WMDs or the war against terror was going to be easy. But it's a responsibility that is shared by the family of nations, led by the United States. By education, globalization, intelligence, and the armed forces, Bush is doing remarkedbly well in this new world. From Northeast to Southwest Asia, the Maghreb, Europe, and Sub-Saharan Africa, the pursuit of peace and stability is complex and far-reaching.

Do they realise the dangers of the US's WMD's and Bush's unstable regime? The war on terror definately isn't going to be easy at all.

Sorry :eek:

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
I'm speechless . . . the combination of "No President has ever done more for human rights than I have." and Dari's ode to Bizarro world is making my head spin if not an actual case of Ménière.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
I'm speechless . . . the combination of "No President has ever done more for human rights than I have." and Dari's ode to Bizarro world is making my head spin if not an actual case of Ménière.

Unless you found an error in my statement, nothing there should shock you.

EDIT: I don't know where you're from, but this war on terror is for real. You can sit in front of your computer and criticize from far away Xanadu, but terror hit home for me in February of 1993 and September 11, 2001, losing two friends in the latter. You read about it, I and most other New Yorkers experience it. Our soldiers are dying because of the two aforementioned threats. If you think my statement is bizarre, then you need to pay a visit either to Ground Zero or the other places around the globe where international terrorism has struck.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999

EDIT: I don't know where you're from, but this war on terror is for real. You can sit in front of your computer and criticize from far away Xanadu, but terror hit home for me in February of 1993 and September 11, 2001, losing two friends in the latter. You read about it, I and most other New Yorkers experience it. Our soldiers are dying because of the two aforementioned threats. If you think my statement is bizarre, then you need to pay a visit either to Ground Zero or the other places around the globe where international terrorism has struck.
First , I am sorrry for your lost. However, GWB, Powell, et al have now finally admitted that they have NO evidence that IRAQ had anyting to do with 9-11 or any solid link with Al Qaeda. Liberia is what?
Finish the job in Afghanistan and I would be more convinced.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Our soldiers are dying because of the two aforementioned threats. If you think my statement is bizarre, then you need to pay a visit either to Ground Zero or the other places around the globe where international terrorism has struck.
Well I did visit the WTC on Sep 4, 2001 (in NYC for the US Open) and I frequented Sari and Paddy's (Bali) in July 2000. But terrorism is not new. Your statement is bizarre b/c it is totally detached from reality. Our soldiers are dying in Iraq b/c of a decision made by Bush to wage war. The real war on terrorism is a war of ideas not arms. We are loosing that war badly. The rank hypocrisy of American foreign policy in the region is clear to everyone.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: chowderhead

First , I am sorrry for your lost. However, GWB, Powell, et al have now finally admitted that they have NO evidence that IRAQ had anyting to do with 9-11 or any solid link with Al Qaeda. Liberia is what?
Finish the job in Afghanistan and I would be more convinced.

As for Iraq, they went in there looking for it because Hussein refused to cooperate (until it was too late).
In Afghanistan, we've done most of what we could. Unfortunately, the battle shifted to Pakistan and the streets around the globe, where the cells are hiding.
As for Liberia, it was the center of Al Qaeda's financial operations. Furthermore, Taylor terrorized his neighbors by starting countless fruitless wars.

As for my EDIT, it was in response to his assertion that this war on terror was either some kind of joke or bizarre non-event that everyone is getting all excited over. Well, he hasn't lived through it so I don't expect him to understand. However, it's best for him to not discuss things he doesn't understand.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Our soldiers are dying because of the two aforementioned threats. If you think my statement is bizarre, then you need to pay a visit either to Ground Zero or the other places around the globe where international terrorism has struck.
Well I did visit the WTC on Sep 4, 2001 (in NYC for the US Open) and I frequented Sari and Paddy's (Bali) in July 2000. But terrorism is not new. Your statement is bizarre b/c it is totally detached from reality. Our soldiers are dying in Iraq b/c of a decision made by Bush to wage war. The real war on terrorism is a war of ideas not arms. We are loosing that war badly. The rank hypocrisy of American foreign policy in the region is clear to everyone.

Tell me, what is reality then and how is it different from what I said? A war of ideas? What ideas? If we are losing, then it must mean our ideas are not as popular as the winner's, right? Please enlighten me.

BTW, I said you need to frequent the disaster areas after, not before.

EDIT: Your answer better be good or I else won't bother responding.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
I can't think of ANYTHING Bush has done for human rights

so freeing 25,000,000 people from a totalitarian dictator who gassed his own people, had his own son-in-laws shot (rumor is he shot at least one of them himself) doesn't count? man..this is a tough crowd to please.