Budget deficit jumps to $779 billion

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Reminder that McConnell is a both a scumbag and a coward.
If only he would get invited to the Saudi consu.....never mind.

Mitch McConnell says that Republicans will not take any serious steps to reduce the deficit, unless they can also share blame for unpopular entitlement cuts with Democrats.

He didn’t use exactly those words during his Tuesday interview withBloomberg. But the Senate Majority Leader came close, admitting that changes to programs like Medicare and Social Security might be “impossible to achieve” as long as Republicans controlled both houses of Congress and the White House.
https://slate.com/business/2018/10/mitch-mcconnell-deficit-lies.html

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
The problem with conservatism is that eventually it runs out of other people's money.

Reactions: Vic

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The problem with conservatism is that eventually it runs out of other people's money.

The main problem with modern American conservatism is that it’s a fascist movement based on a personality cult. The money is kind of secondary.

Reactions: Vic

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004

Wrong, China will always borrow us more. The economy is being run like a corporation right now, except the Dotard in chief can't file for bankruptcy and try again. Both partied treat deficits and debt like an unlimited credit card that they don't even have to make the minimum payments on.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Hahahahahaha, you guys are on a new level of stupid.

Quite the contrary. The GOP blew out the budget with tax cuts for the Rich & military spending, not the Dems. Meanwhile, McConnell, Mnuchin & the rest say tax cuts pay for themselves, even though they never have & never will. They know it's a lie.

Truth is still truth, regardless of what Rudy & the GOP tell us. Except in Trumplandia, of course.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Wrong, China will always borrow us more. The economy is being run like a corporation right now, except the Dotard in chief can't file for bankruptcy and try again. Both partied treat deficits and debt like an unlimited credit card that they don't even have to make the minimum payments on.

Bothsides!

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The main problem with modern American conservatism is that it’s a fascist movement based on a personality cult. The money is kind of secondary.

Well they proved beyond a shadow of doubt that they're not fiscal conservatives, they voted into office the most vile, corrupt, self-interested misogynist racist we've never seen in office before so they're obviously not morally upstanding nor do they stand for family values unless it's the greed-driven Trump family values they seem to really like.

They sure don't stand for the Rule of Law given how they totally ignore every single law, procedure, policy and emoluments rules that Trump violates on a daily/hourly basis. Their working class constituents just love to see how the very wealthy gets huge tax cuts while they get crumbs if any, so they're not being honest with and to themselves. They hate Obamacare but many of them rely on and like the ACA for much of their health needs. They cheer on their leaders in DC as these leaders of theirs constantly go after their Medicare, Medicaid, Social Secuirty and every other benefit the gov't blesses them with so these folks obviously don't need any of it, especially those folks from the poverty stricken areas of the south.

So what they've got left is exactly what you've posited in your post simply because the only thing they care about is that the gov't is being kept out of the hands of the party that ironically wants to give to them and keep in place for them the very entitlements that so many of them rely on to maintain even a modicum of financial and medical requirements.

edit - and don't even ask me how their Christian fundamentalists can admire and vociferously support that godless self-admitted adulterous hush money paying pussy grabbing leader of theirs.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Nope. They're just judging people by their actions instead of their talk.

Interesting how judging people by their actions is something that millions of Trump supporters have to totally ignore when it gets applied to their CIC. Instead, they'd rather live in an alternate reality with their own contrived versions of what's factual and real in order to feel good about themselves.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Thank God, the democrats are so truthful... Bwahahahah
Which is why, if you're concerned about truthfulness, you should pay attention to people's actions instead of just their words. Because actions don't lie.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Here we go again. Anyone want to take on this "both sides" bitch? Maybe show him how Democrats actually try to pay for their policies and not just change the formula for whether or not a policy will be neutral.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Here we go again. Anyone want to take on this "both sides" bitch? Maybe show him how Democrats actually try to pay for their policies and not just change the formula for whether or not a policy will be neutral.

Good one dotard junior. Look up how much each administration has increased the national debt, and get back to me. I merely pointed out that the debt keeps increasing, they are all fiscally irresponsible. I did not state what the money was spent on, where the hell did you infer I said anything about policy? Learn to fucking read.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Good one dotard junior. Look up how much each administration has increased the national debt, and get back to me. I merely pointed out that the debt keeps increasing, they are all fiscally irresponsible. I did not state what the money was spent on, where the hell did you infer I said anything about policy? Learn to fucking read.

I did look it up, you stupid fuck. One admin left with a balanced budget and another left (after the worst financial crises) with the slowest annual debt increase despite the financial crisis.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckj...a-slower-rate-than-reagan-h-w-bush-or-w-bush/

So fuck off you intellectually lazy dumb ass.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Oh, please. Dems obviously like deficits a lot less than the GOP. We'd even do the unthinkable to reduce them, raise taxes on the Rich & cut military spending. The Horror!

There was no good cause for the recent GOP tax cuts other than ensuring the ongoing support of the ultra-wealthy donors who have captured the GOP. That's who they represent exclusively.

The figures you want are here, btw-

https://treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt.htm

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Did I already post in this thread? I can't remember.....
But, Anyway.....
The difference between democrats and republicans concerning the debt, republicans don't mind betting the farm on nonsense like electing their idiots into office, stopping minorities from voting, and on personal perks like screwing the taxpayer for their extravagances i'e' flying first class, expensive trips abroad, boats, cars, and fancy homes.

Whereas democrats spend on tax breaks, food stamps for the poor, better safety nets for the elderly, more social security for the retried, schools, education, roads, transportation, AND HEALTHCARE.

And there you have the difference.
For republicans, it's all about personal wealth, and keeping it.
For democrats, it's all about helping those in need.
Do I speak the truth?

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I did look it up, you stupid fuck. One admin left with a balanced budget and another left (after the worst financial crises) with the slowest annual debt increase despite the financial crisis.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckj...a-slower-rate-than-reagan-h-w-bush-or-w-bush/

So fuck off you intellectually lazy dumb ass.

You're confusing the budget deficit with national debt. They are different things son. Here: https://www.thebalance.com/the-u-s-debt-and-how-it-got-so-big-3305778

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Why would fiscal responsibility be judged by the debt number alone? Running up the debt after the financial crisis was EXTREMELY fiscally responsible, for example.