Bryan Fischer won't answer...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
When one trys to pin down a person for political gain; a person has every right to ignore the question.

What would be the political gain for Colmes if Fischer just said "no I haven't" to the question?

1) I do not know if there would be a political gain

2) The media can easily spin words and/or create situations.

Had he said NO; someone with a bone to pick would have dug around and found something/someone that might counteract such a statement.

Also, when one is young, things can be said/felt that are no longer indicative when one is mature.

Easier/better to say that it is none of your business.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
2) The media can easily spin words and/or create situations.

His refusal to answer doesn't prevent that.

Had he said NO; someone with a bone to pick would have dug around and found something/someone that might counteract such a statement.

Given Colmes' likely audience, that seems unlikely. They already hate Bryan Fischer, so if there was something to be found it would've come out long ago.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
What would be the political gain for Colmes if Fischer just said "no I haven't" to the question?

Everyone knows that there are loaded questions that require context and discussion along with the yes/no response. When anyone demands to reduce it down to "a simple yes or no answer" that person is being an ass. You see it often demanded by activists and lawyers. The best move is to always avoid the question. It's standard procedure. Whether it's a far-right advocate, a far-left advocate, moderate advocate, doesn't matter the political affiliation, the cause being advocated. They've all played the activist game long enough to know what to do. And so too have you. Stop pretending this here is defining anything.

Last edited:

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Everyone knows that there are loaded questions that require context and discussion along with the yes/no response. When anyone demands to reduce it down to "a simple yes or no answer" that person is being an ass. You see it often demanded by activists and lawyers. The best move is to always avoid the question. It's standard procedure. Whether it's a far-right advocate, a far-left advocate, moderate advocate, doesn't matter the political affiliation, the cause being advocated. They've all played the activist game long enough to know what to do. And so too have you. Stop pretending this here is defining anything.

:rolleyes: whatever. It was a very straightforward question. I'll stop "pretending" if you stop making excuses.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
the most shocking thing about this article: the news that Bryan Fischer is a person and we're supposed to care about him.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
the most shocking thing about this article: the news that Bryan Fischer is a person and we're supposed to care about him.

Lots of posts in the thread from people who supposedly don't know or care who Bryan Fischer is. If you don't know or care, a novel idea would be: ignore the thread.

Of course, that's beyond the abilities of some here.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Lots of posts in the thread from people who supposedly don't know or care who Bryan Fischer is. If you don't know or care, a novel idea would be: ignore the thread.

Of course, that's beyond the abilities of some here.

I clicked on the thread to find out :(

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I clicked on the thread to find out :(

And once you found out, and presumably still didn't know or care who he is, you posted in the thread. Brilliant! :rolleyes:

If I don't care about the topic of a thread, I don't post in it. Call me crazy, but that makes the most sense.. doesn't it?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
And once you found out, and presumably still didn't know or care who he is, you posted in the thread. Brilliant! :rolleyes:

If I don't care about the topic of a thread, I don't post in it. Call me crazy, but that makes the most sense.. doesn't it?

that's why you don't have 38,000 posts ;)

I clicked on the thread, read the OP, googled the name, and then posted a sarcastic comment questioning why a thread was created about a total nobody. right wing radio? really? what do they do but preach to the choir?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
that's why you don't have 38,000 posts ;)

I clicked on the thread, read the OP, googled the name, and then posted a sarcastic comment questioning why a thread was created about a total nobody. right wing radio? really? what do they do but preach to the choir?

The bold is as pointless as posting in a thread the topic of which you don't care about.