Bryan Fischer won't answer...

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
... the question about whether he's ever had a gay impulse, probably because he's either insecure about his sexuality or doesn't want to admit something that would hurt his anti-homosexual cause.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/bryan-fischer-wont-answer-simple-yes-or-no-question

Colmes: Have you ever had a gay impulse?

Fischer: (Laughing) Alan, I am not going to talk about that ...

Colmes: I'm just wondering ...

Fischer: Alan, I'm not going to go there. Give it a rest Alan ...

Colmes: It's a simple yes or no question.

Fischer: We're not going to talk about that.

Colmes: Because maybe if you've been able to overcome your gay impulses and you've been successful in doing it, you could be a model for other people you'd like to see act the same way.

Fischer: The focus here, Alan, is that everybody experiences sexual impulses that if they acted on those impulses, it would destroy them.

Colmes: Well, can you give me an example from your own life? What would be some of yours?

Fischer: You've experienced them ...

Colmes: I have?

Fischer: I've experienced them. Every man, every woman has experienced certain sexual impulses that, if they acted on them, if they conducted themselves by yielding to those impulses, it would destroy them. Ask Tiger Woods about that.

Colmes: I don't think I've ever had sexual impulses that would destroy the society or the culture or make me a deviant in some way. I honestly don't think that's ever happened, even in your eyes, so I'm surprised. I wonder what impulses you're talking about. If you've had them, I'd love to know what they are.

Fischer: Well the focus Alan is on sexual conduct, sexual behavior, not on sexual impulse ...

Colmes: So you won't tell me whether you yourself have been able to overcome a gay impulse?

Fischer: Alan, give it a rest.

If impulses are not the problem, why would it be so difficult to say, yes or no, whether you've had a gay impulse?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
You've got a one track mind.

I choose to make threads about GLBT issues on this forum, but I also occasionally make threads about other things.

I suppose I could say you've got a one-track mind with your exclusively anti-Obama/Democratic party threads, because no thread you've created is critical of Republicans or conservatives.

Last edited:

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
You've got a one track mind.

+1

Also, rightwingwatch.org.

This doesn't have anything to do with the GLBT debate. Partisan hackery cloaked in political correctness towards the GLBT community.

OP, people are different which means they have different feelings. Stop trying to apply your cookie cutter approach to others. Most people have issues with certain feeling they may or may not have.

I don't feel great when I have the sudden urge to want to kill someone/something. That doesn't make me a murderer.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
+1

Also, rightwingwatch.org.

If you doubt it, feel free to find another source.

This doesn't have anything to do with the GLBT debate. Partisan hackery cloaked in political correctness towards the GLBT community.

Bryan Fischer is not at all supportive of the GLBT community and actively works against it, and I'm always happy to point out how much of an enemy he is.

OP, people are different which means they have different feelings. Stop trying to apply your cookie cutter approach to others. Most people have issues with certain feeling they may or may not have.

Obviously, but why wouldn't he answer the question? He wasn't asked a hard question: have you ever had a gay impulse?

I don't feel great when I have the sudden urge to want to kill someone/something. That doesn't make me a murderer.

Ah, but do you criticize and shame yourself for having the impulse or do you recognize that impulses happen, usually involuntarily; they're facts of life... they come with the territory.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
On a scale from 1 to 10 this news story earns a Meh.

Other than that I've never heard of this Bryan Fischer before.

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
On a scale from 1 to 10 this news story earns a Meh.

Other than that I've never heard of this Bryan Fischer before.

Same here, I read Bobby Fischer, and was wondering why anyone would care if a dead chess player had gay impulses.

It's much more interesting that he is an AIDS denialist, which I didn't even know existed.

Last edited:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
When one trys to pin down a person for political gain; a person has every right to ignore the question.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Yeah yeah, I know you hate it when I highlight religious people's stupidity... but I suggest you get over it.. because I'm not going to stop doing so, whether you like it or not.

At the same time, you highlighted your own stupidity..but get used to it, because you really can't stop doing so, whether you mean to or not.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
When one trys to pin down a person for political gain; a person has every right to ignore the question.

What would be the political gain for Colmes if Fischer just said "no I haven't" to the question?

Last edited:

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
No I didn't.

Yes you did because you started this stupid thread and secondly, Charles schooled your dumbass about the Founding Fathers and their "agnosticsm" in the other thread and you still seem to be arguing against facts.

Can't get any worse than that.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Yes you did because you started this stupid thread

If this thread is so stupid, why did you post in it?

and secondly, Charles schooled your dumbass about the Founding Fathers and their "agnosticsm" in the other thread and you still seem to be arguing against facts.

Non-sequitur. That thread != this thread. Also, I can spell agnosticism. You appear not able to do so.

I'm amusing myself in the other thread, and you're giving me a lot to laugh at in this one, to be sure.

Can't get any worse than that.

.. says the ignorant. It can always get better or worse.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I've experienced them. Every man, every woman has experienced certain sexual impulses that, if they acted on them, if they conducted themselves by yielding to those impulses, it would destroy them.

That sounds like something a lot darker than a fleeting thought that the guy bagging your groceries looks like he has soft lips. I would not want to be alone with this guy.

Same here, I read Bobby Fischer, and was wondering why anyone would care if a dead chess player had gay impulses.

It's much more interesting that he is an AIDS denialist, which I didn't even know existed.

That's some impressive crazy. I wonder if that's a real thing or if he is the only one.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
That's some impressive crazy. I wonder if that's a real thing or if he is the only one.

I don't know, but in the GLBT community there are a few who believe that HIV/AIDS is not real, too. They're as crazy as Bryan Fischer is, in that regard.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
+1

while I find this to be mostly a non-story aimed at nothing more than "scoring points" against a known douchebag...it is fair to say that anything related to Bryan Fischer is, indeed, related to the GLBT debate.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
He sort of does admit that he's experienced them.

I've experienced them. Every man, every woman has experienced certain sexual impulses that, if they acted on them, if they conducted themselves by yielding to those impulses, it would destroy them. Ask Tiger Woods about that.

Admittedly it's a bit vague which "sexual impulses" he's talking about but in context I think it's awfully close to an admission of gay impulses.