Bruce Lee vs Top MMA fighter in Octagon, who wins?

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I believe there WAS a thread just like this way back when I was lurking. The majority voted Bruce Lee because he's not just any 'kung fu fighter', but a legend himself.

The thread went on for ages with people posting vids of what an amazing shape BL was in (doing 100 lbs dumbbell straight-ahead lifts each, impossible for anyone at his weight).

Well here's take two as I didn't want to nercro it. Now the dust has settled, I want to give my speculation.

I think BL would lose terribly because he's ascended into a godhood since he died. He may be unreal in his talents, but you put him in an octagon where the MMA fighter has practiced nothing but that setting his life, BL would get raped hard. It's kind of like when Michael Jordan tried to play baseball.

There would be no magical blast-aways, a grappler would absorb BL's kick or punch then take him down to the ground fight. After that, it's game over. Bruce Lee has zero training in wrestling.

Sadly BL can't run around freely either. I guess the octagon ring would be the biggest disadvantage for BL, not just the fighter.

What do you think?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Bruce Lee, obviously.

then Bruce Lee takes on Predator, winning decisively.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I believe there WAS a thread just like this way back when I was lurking. The majority voted Bruce Lee because he's not just any 'kung fu fighter', but a legend himself.

The thread went on for ages with people posting vids of what an amazing shape BL was in (doing 100 lbs dumbbell straight-ahead lifts each, impossible for anyone at his weight).

Well here's take two as I didn't want to nercro it. Now the dust has settled, I want to give my speculation.

I think BL would lose terribly because he's ascended into a godhood since he died. He may be unreal in his talents, but you put him in an octagon where the MMA fighter has practiced nothing but that setting his life, BL would get raped hard. It's kind of like when Michael Jordan tried to play baseball.

There would be no magical blast-aways, a grappler would absorb BL's kick or punch then take him down to the ground fight. After that, it's game over. Bruce Lee has zero training in wrestling.

Sadly BL can't run around freely either. I guess the octagon ring would be the biggest disadvantage for BL, not just the fighter.

What do you think?

actually, MJ was about to break through in baseball. the final half of that season, then in the summer league especially (elite summer camp for AA), his BA went from .200 to a solid .275. It was completely unreal how quickly he improved all aspects of his game (not just BA).

The only reason he went back to the NBA was because of the MLB strike.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Seeing as how Bruce Lee would be a zombie it would be Bruce Lee as the only way to kill a zombie is either with a headshot from a gun or with the use of a chainsaw. :p

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
But how many MMA fighters are as fast as Bruce? Would they be able to catch him to take him to the ground?

the DRIZZLE

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2007
Keep in mind with a weight cut he would probably be fighting in the 145lb class or lower. Just like any of these how would xxx do in mma questions the answer depends largely on how long he had to prepare. If you gave a him 18 months I'm sure he'd be able to compete at a fairly high level.

Mar 16, 2005
1863088,SFlcQiRcf08PsmUXoYkgkOgqcYco4dH_kEPUjFGAdLFh_f+TjbZV41hWsbub+Kmqj92KlnytUMFuYdVnwD7_Wg==.jpg

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
But how many MMA fighters are as fast as Bruce? Would they be able to catch him to take him to the ground?

the only way anyone ends up on the ground is MMA dude after taking a shot to the spleen 20 seconds into the fight.

match over.

aj654987

Feb 11, 2005
Lets see... a top MMA fighter fighting an actor under MMA rules? I go with the MMA fighter.

Spikesoldier

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
Keep in mind with a weight cut he would probably be fighting in the 145lb class or lower. Just like any of these how would xxx do in mma questions the answer depends largely on how long he had to prepare. If you gave a him 18 months I'm sure he'd be able to compete at a fairly high level.

in my head i saw bruce lee getting his ass kicked until i saw your comment.

i think if the weight class is comparable, maybe bruce lee has a more even playing field.

Woosta

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2008
I was the zealot NOT on the bruce lee side.

Bruce lee would get destroyed by Jose aldo.

Imdmn04

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2002
Lets see... a top MMA fighter fighting an actor under MMA rules? I go with the MMA fighter.

Bruce Lee is a fighter first, actor second, go read up his biography.

He gets street challenges everyday and responded to all of them by handily whopping his challenger's asses.

I am not saying he can beat a top MMA fighter, but he is definitely not a Jean Claude van Damme.

aj654987

Feb 11, 2005
Bruce Lee is just an actor?

loluclowns born in the 90s.

:D

This isn't Jet Li or Jackie Chan.

What is his fight record? Do you even have video of him fighting?

Picking Bruce Lee to beat a world champion MMA fighter in MMA is like picking Issac Newton to beat Kasparov in chess because you figure Einstein is smarter and read he played chess but he never competed.

aj654987

Feb 11, 2005
Bruce Lee is a fighter first, actor second, go read up his biography.

He gets street challenges everyday and responded to all of them by handily whopping his challenger's asses.

I am not saying he can beat a top MMA fighter, but he is definitely not a Jean Claude van Damme.

Hes no Van Damme, Van Damme was a kick boxing champion with a verifiable record