Bruce Lee vs Top MMA fighter in Octagon, who wins?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
bruce lee was like mma beta....things evolve, he would lose...but what would one expect with such a comparison. if he were young today his philosophy of finding out what works and using it would fit perfectly with mma.

sourceninja

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2005
Chuck Norris has as much as said, without actually saying it, that Bruce was an actor, and a very good martial artist, but not a fighter.

There's a recent interview where he was asked about Bruce, and how they met after Chuck won the world championship in karate in New York. Struck up a friendship, and went and trained together.

The interviewer asked Chuck if that meant they sparred, and Chuck said no, they practiced kicks and worked on the bags, etc....e.g., "trained".
Pressed about whether they fought or not, Chuck said "no, because I was a professional fighter....", and the interviewer says "and he was not", and Chuck says with a nod, "yeah", then throws in "but he was very good".
Then asked "so you would have beaten him", and Chuck said he didn't want to go there, and neither did Bruce.

So he was being diplomatic, but it's obvious from how Chuck said it that he thinks he would have beaten Lee, no problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcl81ldNODc&feature=related

And I believe Gene Lebell embarrassed Lee on the set of Green Hornet, which led to Lee learning from Lebell and their friendship.

On a side note, Gene Lebell also choked out Steven Seagal and Seagal shit his pants, literally, when he went to sleep. One BAD old dude.

Gene LeBell is the greatest man who ever lived.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
He's get fvcking destroyed, no doubt in my mind. This is predictable in basically any sport. Training progresses and more people in a given sport draw out the best of the competitive lot.

Moreover, Bruce wasn't even big. Nobody who knows a thing about athletics or fighting would think that Bruce could take out a 190 lb guy who's at the top of MMA.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
BL was an impressive guy in his time, but it is true that his legend has taken over. i also suspect that some things told about him were not entirely true...thats usually how most legends get made out...like Babe Ruth did not really point in the air before he hit that famous home run cause there was actually a video found someone had at that game showing Babe was actually pointing 2 fingers at his team mates yelling back at them cause they were harrassing him or something.

anyway, Legends of people do that, BL would be a strong contender, but he would lose matches against todays apponents no doubt, they all do.