Britney Spears lip syncing on SNL?

Dec 27, 2001
I've never ever seen anybody lip sync on SNL. Alot of musical stars have sounded pretty awful, but at least they never lip synced.

I'm not shocked that she lip syncs, but I thought Saturday Night LIVE meant LIVE. *shrug*

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
J.Lo has done it (al least, the choruses of the song). But hell, that's the only person I've seen do it, until now. Britney is the lip-sync queen, so it's not surprizing. Hell, look at any of her live performances, all she does is dance, not sing.

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: lager
Boy, does she suck.

I hope!!!

Yea, if you ever watch her live performances, shes totally lipsyncing.. And there is no way all her singing could sound pretty well exactly like her CD's..

Also, if you watch closely, she never really dances and sings at the same time.. she partly dances when 'singing' then when the corus hits, she really starts 'dancing'..

She sucks at both, but I wont deny it, she is fine.

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
Just finished watching it. She lip-synched the entire first song. The second one (a ballad) she did live. She lip-synchs all the time--including the last time she was on SNL.

No one really seems to care because she's a "mega star" and pleasing to the eye. She dances around on stage with dance moves choreographed by someone else, lip-synching to a song written by someone else. Her "talent" basically comes down to a mediocre singing voice and being an attractive person.

My guess is that her new album will flop. I actually felt sorry for her watching her perform tonight because it's quite obvious she's on her way down. When she announces she's posing for Playboy I won't be the least bit surprised.

l2c

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
it should be a bannable offense on these forums to have a thread with the words "Britney Spears" in the topic title, and not post a link to at least one pic.

Barnaby W. Füi

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: luv2chill

My guess is that her new album will flop. I actually felt sorry for her watching her perform tonight because it's quite obvious she's on her way down. When she announces she's posing for Playboy I won't be the least bit surprised.

l2c

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing. I actually didn't even realize she was still popular (I don't watch mtv, or much tv in general) until the whole madonna kiss thing. It seemed like a pathetic attempt at keeping her career alive to me.

I don't even think she's hot. She might look *ok* until she starts talking or laughing or whatever, and then she looks like a complete idiot. No brain whatsoever, can't act AT ALL. The little thing at the beginning of SNL with her and Halle Barry and Jimmy Fallon and the SNL guy was horrible, she WAY overacts. Blech.

KGB1

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Train
it should be a bannable offense on these forums to have a thread with the words "Britney Spears" in the topic title, and not post a link to at least one pic.

I'd think by now all men ages 13-30 have a mental image of her scarred in their memory banks.. hence no pic needed..

rolleye.gif

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: luv2chill

l2c

they still gonna release it? I heard a rumor that the record label trashed cause it just fvcking sucked too much ass...

NicColt

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2000
Originally posted by: lager
Boy, does she suck.

did anyone catch the first monday night football pre-game, that was gag awfull.......

Arrowsmith now there's some talent worth watching.... and no lip syncing there.

Hossenfeffer

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
I've never ever seen anybody lip sync on SNL. Alot of musical stars have sounded pretty awful, but at least they never lip synced.

I'm not shocked that she lip syncs, but I thought Saturday Night LIVE meant LIVE. *shrug*

If you haven't noticed people lip syncing, you haven't been watching.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
You guys remind me of the guys that point out that WWE wrestling is fake. Artists (yes plural) widely admit there is lipsynching. There is no conspiracy here. It happens in concerts too. When you are up there like John Mayer rocking like a gradeschool boy dances, or on a stool twitching like a man on crack (Staind), then you have alot of physical energy and you don't have to sync. When you are doing a million things at once, sometimes it's easier to lip synch. I do admit it's unusual to L.S. the entire song. I have never seen that before. But there are cues that artists give their sound people to let them know they are going to start synching soon. This is when they are tired, forgot the words, etc.

Also, you see lip synching mostly in fast songs. Everything is made with computers nowadays and any filters (voice) or effects (sounds) can't be made with instruments. So they are done on the fly. The idea is to process the sound so that when you hear it, it's like the same song you expected from radio and cd.

geNz0

Oct 2, 2003
RoFL... I think alot of singers lip sync when they need to do alot of dance moves in the actual piece.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
it's impossible to do a good dance performance and sound good(voice wise). Too much power required. Anyway, she sucks.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
When i saw her back in high school (before she got very famous, she just had the one song) when we went to Senior Night at Disney (in case you dont know, disney opens the doors to seniors from around the state and country to Magic Kingdom all night long), she lip synched the whole performance.

Didnt matter to any of us, we were in the front row and were staring at her lips :D

On another note, Real Big Fish rocked!! :)

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: sygyzy
You guys remind me of the guys that point out that WWE wrestling is fake. Artists (yes plural) widely admit there is lipsynching. There is no conspiracy here. It happens in concerts too. When you are up there like John Mayer rocking like a gradeschool boy dances, or on a stool twitching like a man on crack (Staind), then you have alot of physical energy and you don't have to sync. When you are doing a million things at once, sometimes it's easier to lip synch. I do admit it's unusual to L.S. the entire song. I have never seen that before. But there are cues that artists give their sound people to let them know they are going to start synching soon. This is when they are tired, forgot the words, etc.

Also, you see lip synching mostly in fast songs. Everything is made with computers nowadays and any filters (voice) or effects (sounds) can't be made with instruments. So they are done on the fly. The idea is to process the sound so that when you hear it, it's like the same song you expected from radio and cd.

Wrestling is fake to the point of where the outcome of the match is predermined. The actual matches (performances) are very real. Unlike that of singing, where you simply move your mouth in sync of music with pre-recorded studio vocals playing in the background.

fumbduck

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2001
Originally posted by: aphex
When i saw her back in high school (before she got very famous, she just had the one song) when we went to Senior Night at Disney (in case you dont know, disney opens the doors to seniors from around the state and country to Magic Kingdom all night long), she lip synched the whole performance.

Didnt matter to any of us, we were in the front row and were staring at her lips :D

On another note, Real Big Fish rocked!! :)

Reel Big Fish, and yes, they are pretty darn good.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I remember when Britney was first popular and she was on SNL... she really sang that time, but she was just sitting in a chair, and not dancing which requires a lot of energy (so she can't really sing at the same time). Was she dancing this time ?

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Train

Text