Britney Spears lip syncing on SNL?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
I've never ever seen anybody lip sync on SNL. Alot of musical stars have sounded pretty awful, but at least they never lip synced.

I'm not shocked that she lip syncs, but I thought Saturday Night LIVE meant LIVE. *shrug*

Britney lip syncs all her performances because she simply cannot sing live. She lacks the vocal talent.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
I've never ever seen anybody lip sync on SNL. Alot of musical stars have sounded pretty awful, but at least they never lip synced.

I'm not shocked that she lip syncs, but I thought Saturday Night LIVE meant LIVE. *shrug*

Britney lip syncs all her performances because she simply cannot sing live. She lacks the vocal talent.
While I agree with that to a certain degree, I'd like to see you try to dance like she does and sing in tune at the same time. The way she goes, most people need help catching their breath, let alone try to speak/sing.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
SNL blows anyway.
If they are going to continue this show, they need to dump Tina Fey as the lead writer.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: aphex
When i saw her back in high school (before she got very famous, she just had the one song) when we went to Senior Night at Disney (in case you dont know, disney opens the doors to seniors from around the state and country to Magic Kingdom all night long), she lip synched the whole performance.

Didnt matter to any of us, we were in the front row and were staring at her lips :D

On another note, Real Big Fish rocked!! :)

I was at that same Grad Night. :)

Giscardo

May 31, 2000
sorry to break it to you guys but Brittney Spears can't sing, can't dance, and has an ugly face. Only thing she has going for her right now is that her body looks good in recent magazine spreads, but you can't go off that stuff cause it's all airbrushed and make-up'ed to all hell.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
You'd be surprised if you knew really how many performers lip sync or even perform like Karaoke.....

The thing is this is not like Milli Vanni stuff, I don't see it so much a problem provided the artist that you are seeing was the same that recorded the album.

The sad fact is most people attending a concert want a show with jumps and dancing and all sorts of stuff, but also want it to sound exactly like it does on their CD.

There have been cases of people requesting refunds because the concert performance of their favorite song used different words than the CD. (If I find that link from about 2 years ago or so I will post it....it was on Yahoo or MSN I am pretty sure).

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Wrestling is fake to the point of where the outcome of the match is predermined. The actual matches (performances) are very real. Unlike that of singing, where you simply move your mouth in sync of music with pre-recorded studio vocals playing in the background.

How old are you?

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Giscardo
sorry to break it to you guys but Brittney Spears can't sing, can't dance, and has an ugly face. Only thing she has going for her right now is that her body looks good in recent magazine spreads, but you can't go off that stuff cause it's all airbrushed and make-up'ed to all hell.

You could say the same for most singers out there today.

amcdonald

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
Screw this "its hard to dance and sing" crap. of course its hard, and thats why only talented people can do it plenty of performers can/used to dance and sing at the same time.... also, do you think its easy for singers in rock bands to run around and go crazy and still sing perfectly? Its the same scenario... you have to train yourself to compensate for the physical stress. Watch a michael jackson performance, in most of the ones I've seen he doesn't lip sync. Not to mention that britney spears has limited vocal ability and a bland tone.

Giscardo

May 31, 2000
Originally posted by: MaxDepth
Originally posted by: Giscardo

You could say the same for most singers out there today.

True.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
They all lip sync now, you kidden. Without reverd or the proper set up it's horrible.

lilFajita

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2002
look, if people are going to give you money to look good and pretend you sing well, you'd do it too.

I just think its stupid that Britany keeps doing these "performances". J.Lo probably can't sing well without the help of studio professionals, but at least she doesn't do all these live performances that are just BS like Britany. Its so dumb.

but...in every Christina performance I have seen, she really sings.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Originally posted by: lilFajita
look, if people are going to give you money to look good and pretend you sing well, you'd do it too.

I just think its stupid that Britany keeps doing these "performances". J.Lo probably can't sing well without the help of studio professionals, but at least she doesn't do all these live performances that are just BS like Britany. Its so dumb.

but...in every Christina performance I have seen, she really sings.

It's Britney. If you are going to criticize someone, at least make an attempt at getting their name right Little Strip of Grilled Meat.

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
Originally posted by: huesmann
Originally posted by: luv2chill When she announces she's posing for Playboy I won't be the least bit surprised.
But I bet you're first in line to buy it. :)
Sorry Mr. Heffner, but I'd like to see Britney working for Mr. Flynt.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: ndee
it's impossible to do a good dance performance and sound good(voice wise). Too much power required. Anyway, she sucks.

I don't know, Janet Jackson lipsynchs all of the time, but I saw her sing "What about that" on an older VH1 Vouge Awards Show, and I was pretty impressed. The song is about a woman in an abusive relationship who finally steps up to her abusive boyfriend, and she did a lot a coreography, yet sung the whole thing. Although she was a little out of breath, it definitly added to the intensity of the performance.

hawkeye81x

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2001
I doubt should could do that routine without lip-synching.
I could careless, though. The song wasn't too bad.

Halle Berry, though. She just needs to stop acting or being on TV, with the exception of playing Storm for the X-Men franchise.
(I wish Academy voters could take back her Oscar)

mrCide

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
i think britney has a nice voice. I've heard times where she'd try to sing while dancing and you can hear the jumps/tired/catching breath. No one does will do both. She's also beautiful. Regardless of what her public image is and if you like her music or not.

damn geeks.