Brian Kemp for Georgia Governor

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
That video disturbed you? I would've thought mikeymikec would be the user name for a man. I'm obviously wrong. I beg you're pardon ma'am.

Really? I already suggested that you have the intellectual capacity and emotional security of a child and you thought you'd prove me right?

If I ever meet you, I'll be sure to give you a hug and a kiss so you CATCH COOOOTIES!

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
What are you two ignorant c0cksuckers blathering about. Is it this mornings pillow talk?

Feel free to point out where I advocate doing anything unsafe with a firearm. Then feel free to point out where Brian Kemp did anything unsafe in the video.
Pro Tip: Read everything in the link you sent me if you can. Have it read and explained to you if necessary.
Fvcking retards.
What is the point of changing the letters in cock and fuck?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Really? I already suggested that you have the intellectual capacity and emotional security of a child and you thought you'd prove me right?

If I ever meet you, I'll be sure to give you a hug and a kiss so you CATCH COOOOTIES!

The only thing weirder than his need to insult you for viewing that video as disturbing is that he used a dad insult from the 90’s to do so. I can’t remember a time in my life where someone saying that to me would have resulted in anything other than laughter.

Reactions: mikeymikec

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
What is the success rate of marriages and relationships these days compared to the past? I know there was the issue of women not being independent before. But that still does not explain our miserable current state of things in this regard

I like how you answer your own question immediately. Keep it up.

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014
Whether the gun is loaded or not is irrelevant and you’ve repeatedly taken issue with this. All guns should be presumed to be loaded at all times, period.

Like I said, you’re a dangerous fool. My sympathies go out to those unfortunate enough to be near you.

You continue to double down on the stupid by declaring that it's irrelevant, from a safety perspective, if a firearm is unloaded. You do know how to tell if a gun's unloaded right? You do know that it's possible to verify if a gun's unloaded right. You do know at that point it's OK to do things with it that you wouldn't do when it's loaded right? Like hand it to someone, dry fire it or close the breach while you're making a video. I mean, after all, you know everything right?

The people you should feel sorry for are your parents. I know I do because at this point they're probably regretting not making that trip to planned parenthood and having you scraped away. Idiot.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
LOL. Don't add adjectives in a lame attempt to make your point. He didn't point the unloaded gun at anyone. It's a silly commercial but in no way unsafe. Go have a wet dream about Hillary you friggin' moron.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Heh. I'm pretty sure that firearms enthusiasts cringed when they saw the way that idiot handled that shotgun & cringe at your lame defense of him. We have several on this forum & none of them have done that, other than you. Go figure.

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014
Heh. I'm pretty sure that firearms enthusiasts cringed when they saw the way that idiot handled that shotgun & cringe at your lame defense of him. We have several on this forum & none of them have done that, other than you. Go figure.
You're wrong again. The overwhelming reaction to this from everyone who isn't a humorless fucktard or scared of their own shadow pussy, has been that it's a silly video but in no way unsafe.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You continue to double down on the stupid by declaring that it's irrelevant, from a safety perspective, if a firearm is unloaded. You do know how to tell if a gun's unloaded right? You do know that it's possible to verify if a gun's unloaded right. You do know at that point it's OK to do things with it that you wouldn't do when it's loaded right? Like hand it to someone, dry fire it or close the breach while you're making a video. I mean, after all, you know everything right?

I know that you repeatedly took issue with the very first rule of responsible gun ownership. Like I said before it makes you a dangerous fool. I couldn't possibly count how many people have been shot or killed by weapons that people 'knew' were unloaded. Then again you've forgotten more about guns than I'll ever know, right? Just like you 'knew' that nobody in the military was pro gun control and how you 'knew' guns stopped more crimes than they were used in. lol.

The people you should feel sorry for are your parents. I know I do because at this point they're probably regretting not making that trip to planned parenthood and having you scraped away. Idiot.

'Your parents wish they aborted you' is better than the sad 'you are a woman' insult you tried before but it's still pretty pathetic, especially for someone over 50. That being said I do find the fact that you're still trying these insults to be pretty funny so by all means continue, haha.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
You're wrong again. The overwhelming reaction to this from everyone who isn't a humorless fucktard or scared of their own shadow pussy, has been that it's a silly video but in no way unsafe.
Calls people scared and is gun owner. ^^ Triggered ammosexual.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

LOL - "the overwhelming reaction of everyone I agree with is that they agree with me" - that's some pretty unassailable logic there!

Reactions: ch33zw1z

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

So basically everyone you know with such a reaction are easily-discernible irresponsible gun owners. Good to know. I mean, the guy not only pointed a loaded gun at the kid, he wasn't even looking at where his loaded gun was aimed.

You should help us to out all of these irresponsible people that saw nothing wrong with this, so that their ownership rights can be revoked. I thought conservatives supported that for irresponsible owners?

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014
So basically everyone you know with such a reaction are easily-discernible irresponsible gun owners. Good to know. I mean, the guy not only pointed a loaded gun at the kid, he wasn't even looking at where his loaded gun was aimed.

You should help us to out all of these irresponsible people that saw nothing wrong with this, so that their ownership rights can be revoked. I thought conservatives supported that for irresponsible owners?
The gun wasn't loaded and he didn't point it a the kid you stupid motherfucker. Go back to sleep. Come back when you're not drunk, high or stupid.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
'Your parents wish they aborted you' is better than the sad 'you are a woman' insult you tried before but it's still pretty pathetic, especially for someone over 50. That being said I do find the fact that you're still trying these insults to be pretty funny so by all means continue, haha.

If I'm as sad, angry and aggressive as that guy when I'm in my 50s, I'll probably consider my life to be a failure. Wonder if he has the self awareness to do the same?

Actually I guess he probably does, hence the cycle of impotent raging and hate continues.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The gun wasn't loaded and he didn't point it a the kid you stupid motherfucker. Go back to sleep. Come back when you're not drunk, high or stupid.

He loaded the gun and pointed it at the kid. How did you not understand this from the ad? Are you completely oblivious to the very simple message that he was conveying?

His behavior is exactly how you teach your kids to handle guns, right? Yes or No?

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014
He loaded the gun and pointed it at the kid. How did you not understand this from the ad? Are you completely oblivious to the very simple message that he was conveying?

His behavior is exactly how you teach your kids to handle guns, right? Yes or No?
1. Please timestamp the video where he loaded the gun.
2. Read the thread. All your stupid little questions have been answered.

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014
If I'm as sad, angry and aggressive as that guy when I'm in my 50s, I'll probably consider my life to be a failure. Wonder if he has the self awareness to do the same?

Actually I guess he probably does, hence the cycle of impotent raging and hate continues.
I'm neither sad nor angry Dr. Freud but nice try. Aggressive? You bet.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Never understood why righties feel the need to glorify guns or make a jokes about their use. Maybe a commercial showing the owner responsibly cleaning it and locking it up so 3 year old's aren't shooting themselves.

They seem to think guns are an extension of their dicks which screams irresponsibility.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
That double barrel looks like it's sawed off a little short.

I count 13 firearms. Who can identify them?

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
You're an idiot. Always treat guns as if they're loaded. Always keep the muzzle pointed well away from other people. That's standard firearms etiquette. I learned that when I was 10 years old.

It’s an adverisement and the boy is presumably an actor, who knows if the gun is real or a prop. It’s s ridiculously stupid ad to be sure (and a ridiculously stupid sounding candidate) but let’s still distinguish real life gun safety principles from TV.

Most people understand when watching something scripted (like an ad or a movie) that we don’t have to be range safety officer the entire time. Hopefully you’re not the kind of person that goes into a theater shouting out “OMG The Hulk is pointing the Ultimate Nullifier at Galactus and his finger is on the trigger!”

Object to the stupid candidate and his stupid positions, not pendantic arguments about gun safety.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It’s an adverisement and the boy is presumably an actor, who knows if the gun is real or a prop. It’s s ridiculously stupid ad to be sure (and a ridiculously stupid sounding candidate) but let’s still distinguish real life gun safety principles from TV.

Wait, why? Isn't this guy supposed to be a responsible gun owner, setting an example to others? Isn't he trying to be a leader of people? Why should we just accept "Hey, he's just being a clown only now, in this moment. Hahaha, OK!"

And further, we have a ridiculously fake TV game show host that is now our president. It doesn't get more odd than that if your goal is to try and separate fake TV from reality. All bets are off.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Wait, why? Isn't this guy supposed to be a responsible gun owner, setting an example to others? Isn't he trying to be a leader of people? Why should we just accept "Hey, he's just being a clown only now, in this moment. Hahaha, OK!"

And further, we have a ridiculously fake TV game show host that is now our president. It doesn't get more odd than that if your goal is to try and separate fake TV from reality. All bets are off.

Sure, right after you similarly rage about how these folks in the ad below are setting a bad driving example to others. I already called the candidate stupid, but I guess you want to double down with the "OMG he's not demonstrating gun safety in his ad" like you give an actual flying fuck about that.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Sure, right after you similarly rage about how these folks in the ad below are setting a bad driving example to others. I already called the candidate stupid, but I guess you want to double down with the "OMG he's not demonstrating gun safety in his ad" like you give an actual flying fuck about that.

I wonder if there’s a difference between a candidate for one of the most powerful political positions in the country and a random interest group.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

Most people understand when watching something scripted (like an ad or a movie) that we don’t have to be range safety officer the entire time. Hopefully you’re not the kind of person that goes into a theater shouting out “OMG The Hulk is pointing the Ultimate Nullifier at Galactus and his finger is on the trigger!”

Object to the stupid candidate and his stupid positions, not pendantic arguments about gun safety.

1) In a sane world, elected officials are meant to be responsible people in elevated positions in the community. Therefore they should act in a responsible manner and one that the community should look up to because of their increased visibility to the public. I don't know about you, but posing with one's gun collection while jokily intimidating and threatening to shooting a minor for offending one's daughter is anything but being mature, responsible or holding one's self to a higher standard of behaviour than the average person, not to mention that he's exhibiting such behaviour in front of a minor, and also it conforms to known stereotypes. It reinforces toxic behaviour.

2) Plenty of people take their cues from the media they consume. I don't think it's a stretch of the imagination to say that most people do to at least some extent, but logically the closer the representation is to reality (in this case, Kemp is actually a politician who is campaigning for an actual position), the more likely it is that their behaviour will rub off on viewers.

3) In your example, it seems logical that the Hulk would actually be firing at his target rather than pointing a gun at them with any intent other than to fire in that direction. I'll give a better example: A cop show that regularly depicts the police as 'the good guys' yet they're pointing firearms at people to intimidate them (and/or as part of a joke) with no visible negative consequences.

To integrate all three points: A person who aspires to be in a position of responsibility and elevated status in a community, whose behaviour is more likely to rub off on members of his community, is doing something stupid and unsafe with a firearm. The most likely people to take this behaviour onboard are the ones who aren't the sharpest tools in the box. Logical possible outcome: Firearms demonstration / joke goes horribly wrong.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

The candidate's firearms handling skills are illustrative of his stupidity. The whole scenario of the ad is stupid.