Breaking the news to the parents

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DVK916

Banned
Dec 12, 2005
You are lucky you aren't asian. If you were prepare for the beating of your life, and be told how retarded you are, and what a disappointment you are. How you have brought shame onto the family.

McGyver

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2002
tell them it's all about perspective. 56% is close to either half-full or half-empty. :D

DVK916

Banned
Dec 12, 2005
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Originally posted by: Leros
Both my math-crazy friend and my Calc 2 professor reccomend these books:

How to Ace Calculus: The Streetwise Guide

and

How to Ace the Rest of Calculus: The Streetwise Guide: Including Multi-Variable Calculus

Without a doubt, those are two awesome books. I asked them to make a Linear Algebra book and one of the authors said that he'd see what they could do. ;)

They seem pretty cool.

Do you go to UCDavis.

2 of them are Professors here. Infact I have Hass next quarter for Real Analysis (Theory of Derivatives).

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: DVK916
Do you go to UCDavis.

2 of them are Professors here. Infact I have Hass next quarter for Real Analysis (Theory of Derivatives).

No, at the time I went to a small school in rural Mississippi. I bought the books beforehand, because I was a bit worried about it, but it turned out that I had a knack for calculus, so I never actually used them during school. Since I graduated, I've read both, and they pretty much hit the nail on the head.