Breaking Bad

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
You know, they keep stating that Breaking Bad is an AMC Original. However, they cuss and then they bleep it (both original airing and the marathon right now). That just seems weird to me...

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: homercles337
You know, they keep stating that Breaking Bad is an AMC Original. However, they cuss and then they bleep it (both original airing and the marathon right now). That just seems weird to me...

My guess is that they've already correctly positioned the series as a "cult classic" type, where they make as much or more money off of subsequent and long running DVD sales, with the cussing un-bleeped and, ZOMG, 7 extra never before shown minutes!

Just mho.

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
www.youtube.com
Badass episode... What was the song during the credits though?

Edit: TV changed channels before singer started singing... By the time I got it back it was already going to the "On the next Breaking Bad..."

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
I love how they show it 3 times / night because I always miss the first two by like ten minutes.

redly

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
This show had better come back next season/soon. Tonight was the season finally, in case you missed it

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
They aired the first 2 episodes on IFC(Independent Film Channel) uncensored. It's channel 550 on DirecTV.

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
I just fear this show is going to have the same problem as the shows on FX. Show a couple awesome episodes and then wait a year before a few more. End up forgetting all the little things going on in the last season by the time the new one starts.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: bctbct
this show gets better every week.

definitely!

sadly, now that it has finally gotten really good, it's over for a while... :|

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
looks like the first 2 eps aren't in my on demand :(

can anyone give a quick rundown of what happened the first 2 eps?

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: daveymark
looks like the first 2 eps aren't in my on demand :(

can anyone give a quick rundown of what happened the first 2 eps?

It is the story of a man's slow progress from unassuming high school science teacher to drug kingpin

Man gets diagnosed with lung cancer

Man goes on ride along with DEA agent (his brother-in-law) and see ex-student get away from a bust

Man confronts ex-student and they decide to cook meth together.

ex-students former business partner's brother shows up and attackes them

Man and ex-student kill attackers although one just barely survives

Man and ex-student flip for body disposal duty and finishing off live one duty

Buth duties end poorly

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
My first thought when I saw the commercials is "What a poor name for a show". Didn't even know they aired any episodes.

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
Sunday's at 9pm... Shit there's nothing on at that time any way. I'll have to look it up on my TiVo. Didn't realize it was on AMC (for that matter didn't know AMC had any series).