Breaking Bad

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003
Did anybody else watch the second episode last night? If so, what did you think about it?

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Saw episode 2 last night:

Way too many open storylines to even have clear thoughts about episode 2.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Originally posted by: SmoochyTX
Is this better than Mad Men?

Damn I miss that show.

I never watched Mad Men. Was it any good?

It's awesome.

1950's bullet bras under tight cashmere sweaters FTW! :laugh:

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003
Originally posted by: homercles337
Originally posted by: weadjust
New episode tonight reminder bump.

I love this fucking show. Seriously all of ATOT should watch this.

I agree. Most here would love this show.

I'm recording it now to watch in the morning after I wake up late. I love vacation. :)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I'm (suffering) through the Grammy's, another 1.5 hours before this airs for the West Coast.

[/flashes gang signs]

West Syyyyyyyyyyyde

[flashes gang signs]

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003
I'm (suffering) through the Grammy's, another 1.5 hours before this airs for the West Coast.

[/flashes gang signs]

West Syyyyyyyyyyyde

[flashes gang signs]
Do you believe that most people here would like this show if they gave it a chance?

ScottFern

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
I think this show has a lot of potential. It has definitely caught my attention. I will definitely be watching it for the rest of the season! Hope they keep it up! Wonder if it catches on will AMC sell this show to a major television network?

Doesn't it seem like they have nudity and swearing an awful lot and they include it in the filming and just blur/beep it out?

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

[/flashes gang signs]

West Syyyyyyyyyyyde

[flashes gang signs]
Do you believe that most people here would like this show if they gave it a chance?

Yeah and it would probably receive more exposure on a more mainstream network (TNT, FX or USA) and maybe an earlier timeslot.

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003

[/flashes gang signs]

West Syyyyyyyyyyyde

[flashes gang signs]

Yeah and it would probably receive more exposure on a more mainstream network (TNT, FX or USA) and maybe an earlier timeslot.

Yeah, I agree with you on that. But still, people can find AMC on their channel lineup if they want to. It's just a matter of making them want to find it. After they found it, even if it's just for this show, they'll appreciate it.

I'd never heard about the show until this thread in OT. I'm glad I did find out about it because I absolutely love this show. I really hope people give it a shot because it really deserves it.

imported_weadjust

Golden Member
Apr 23, 2004
Good episode tonight. I don't get the AMC pitch of "Bitterly Funny". I havn't seen anything that was bitterly smile worthy.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

[/flashes gang signs]

West Syyyyyyyyyyyde

[flashes gang signs]

Yeah, I agree with you on that. But still, people can find AMC on their channel lineup if they want to. It's just a matter of making them want to find it. After they found it, even if it's just for this show, they'll appreciate it.

I'd never heard about the show until this thread in OT. I'm glad I did find out about it because I absolutely love this show. I really hope people give it a shot because it really deserves it.

This thread definitely put this show on my radar and is partially the reason I saw it. My tastes are somewhat similiar to the AT masses with a few exceptions (Family Guy) ;)

This isn't my favorite cable non-premium show, those would be:

Rescue Me
The Shield
Mad Men
Burn Notice
Damages

but it could be one day :p

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003

[/flashes gang signs]

West Syyyyyyyyyyyde

[flashes gang signs]

This thread definitely put this show on my radar and is partially the reason I saw it. My tastes are somewhat similiar to the AT masses with a few exceptions (Family Guy) ;)

Rescue Me
The Shield
Mad Men
Burn Notice
Damages

Not a fan of The Closer? :(

But back to Breaking Bad, just watch it people! :D

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Great show.. but what the hell is Mad Men about? I'm watching and still don't understand.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

[/flashes gang signs]

West Syyyyyyyyyyyde

[flashes gang signs]

Rescue Me
The Shield
Mad Men
Burn Notice
Damages

Nope, never seen it. I may check it out one day though.

You should check out Mad Men on AMC, awesome show.

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003

[/flashes gang signs]

West Syyyyyyyyyyyde

[flashes gang signs]

Rescue Me
The Shield
Mad Men
Burn Notice
Damages

Nope, never seen it. I may check it out one day though.

You should check out Mad Men on AMC, awesome show.

I'm with Farang. WTH is Mad Men about?

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Men

Mad Men is an American television drama series created by Matthew Weiner. The show is broadcast in the United States on the cable network AMC. It premiered on 19 July 2007 and ended its first season on 18 October 2007. AMC has renewed the show for a second season.[1]

Set and produced in New York City, Mad Men takes place in 1960s at the fictional Sterling Cooper advertising agency on New York City's Madison Avenue and centers on Don Draper, a high-level advertising executive, and the people in his life in and out of the office. It also depicts the changing social mores of early 1960s America.

Mad Men has received considerable critical acclaim and has won two Golden Globes.

Creator Matthew Weiner wrote the pilot of Mad Men in 2000 as a spec script when he was working as a staff writer for Becker. Television producer David Chase recruited Weiner to work as a writer on his HBO series The Sopranos after reading the pilot script.[2]

Chase remarked about the script and its author:

"It was lively, and it had something new to say. Here was someone [Weiner] who had written a story about advertising in the 1960s, and was looking at recent American history through that prism."[2]

Weiner set the pilot script aside for the next seven years, until The Sopranos was completing its final season and cable network AMC happened to be in the market for a new original series.[2]

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I really wanted to love Breaking Bad, but it just has not "grabbed" me yet. I really see some promise as his new career takes off, but it just seemed like the episodes so far have crawled along and spent too much time on the two latino guys and their "disposal". I think once the two brothers-in-law start playing cat and mouse, it will get good.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Mwilding
I really wanted to love Breaking Bad, but it just has not "grabbed" me yet. I really see some promise as his new career takes off, but it just seemed like the episodes so far have crawled along and spent too much time on the two latino guys and their "disposal". I think once the two brothers-in-law start playing cat and mouse, it will get good.

I know what you mean. This show hasn't "grabbed" me but it has piqued my curiosity.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
so far i gotta say its pretty interesting.
if they can drag this out over a series i dunno