Bradlee Dean, Tom Emmer, and Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I don't particularly care that Target donated money to a Republican candidate (Tom Emmer) who opposes gay marriage. I also am not really very interested that Tom Emmer is supposedly friends with Bradlee Dean and his ilk... but Bradlee Dean is a complete idiot who, if it were up to me, would be taken for a boat ride.. if you know what I mean.

http://minnesotaindependent.com/5976...sted-his-words

His clarified statement is perfectly benign.

What preceded it on his radio show, though, was entirely different:

“Muslims are calling for the executions of homosexuals in America,” Dean said. “This just shows you they themselves are upholding the laws that are even in the Bible of the Judeo-Christian God, but they seem to be more moral than even the American Christians do, because these people are livid about enforcing their laws. They know homosexuality is an abomination.”

“If America won’t enforce the laws, God will raise up a foreign enemy to do just that,” Dean said later. “That is what you are seeing in America.”

“The bottom line is this… they [homosexuals] play the victim when they are, in fact, the predator. On average, they molest 117 people before they’re found out. How many kids have been destroyed, how many adults have been destroyed because of crimes against nature?”

I don't know where to begin, but I guess we'll start with the first and second paragraphs.

1&2: I have no doubt that this wasn't scripted, but it was probably pieced together from notes. However it was crafted, even if it was totally extemporaneous, it is an incredibly dumb thing to say.. at best. At worst, it's how this guy really thinks and believes things should be handled; that Christians are asleep at the switch with regards to homosexuals and should be "more moral" by "enforcing the laws" set out by God with regard to homosexuals.

3: It's an oddly specific number, 117, but it was probably selected to sound authoritative. I'd like to see some statistics on this from somewhere that's not obviously biased one way or the other.

"On average"? I find it highly unlikely that a very small minority within a minority (homosexual child molesters) can create a spread of, presumably, 0 and some number greater than 117.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
On average 117? That would mean that All have been Molested by Homosexuals. I don't recall being Molested by a Homosexual(or anyone for that matter). Should I feel like Mr Garrison or is the guy just loony?

yuppiejr

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2002
Per your first sentance Op you don't care about Target or Tom Emmer and the whole point of your post involves the statements of someone he is "supposedly" friends with yet the title of your post is:

Bradlee Dean, Tom Emmer and Target

Why not just title your post "Bradlee Dean is a homophobe" and leave it at that? This six degrees of Kevin Bacon version of political muckraking is just as dumb as the Obama / Jeremiah Wright / anti-semitism connection on the other side...

Kappo

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2000
Per your first sentance Op you don't care about Target or Tom Emmer and the whole point of your post involves the statements of someone he is "supposedly" friends with yet the title of your post is:

Why not just title your post "Bradlee Dean is a homophobe" and leave it at that? This six degrees of Kevin Bacon version of political muckraking is just as dumb as the Obama / Jeremiah Wright / anti-semitism connection on the other side...

This ^

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003

Why not comment on the substance of the post instead of sidestepping it by getting so bent out of shape by the title?

Target, Tom Emmer, and Bradlee Dean are referenced in the article and every other parrot article about the situation. It's hardly a "six degrees" matter.

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004

+1

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Damn, I guess there's just no place to go anymore to avoid buying nothing but Chinese crap and then have them contribute to extreme right wing causes.

I try to buy as much as I can from Costco (still unavoidable to buy Chinese made crap although significantly less). They seem to treat their employees relatively well. Not sure of their political bent though.

By the way who are Bradlee Dean and Tom Emmer?

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This thread is too complicated for me. Just tell me whom I am supposed to hate and make it simple.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
...It's an oddly specific number, 117, but it was probably selected to sound authoritative. I'd like to see some statistics on this from somewhere that's not obviously biased one way or the other...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
When inventing spurious statistics to support an agenda, the more precise the number the more authentic it sounds. 100 sounds like a guess or approximation where 117 sounds like a citation.

Status
Not open for further replies.