bored to death

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: jman19
Originally posted by: AgaBoogaBoo
call up a few people and play poker, easy way to pass tons of time and have fun.

i don't know anyone.

i'm looking for something interactive more than passive btw.

Wow, that explains your post count. How about you make some friends?

actually, 99% of my posting is done at work. Its not often that i post when I'm at home.
I don't know how to make any friends or even where to go. i live in a very rural area and have a 45 minute drive to the nearest city where there is anything to do.

Hmm, how about co-workers? Any friends from school around?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: AgaBoogaBoo
call up a few people and play poker, easy way to pass tons of time and have fun.

i don't know anyone.

i'm looking for something interactive more than passive btw.

Wow, that explains your post count. How about you make some friends?

actually, 99% of my posting is done at work. Its not often that i post when I'm at home.
I don't know how to make any friends or even where to go. i live in a very rural area and have a 45 minute drive to the nearest city where there is anything to do.

Hmm, how about co-workers? Any friends from school around?

i'm friendly with co-workers but i'm not sure i'd say i'm friends with them. i don't really have anything in common with any of them, and they're all at least 6 years older than i am and married. they never invite me to do anything, heck, most rarely talk to me at work anyway.

i didn't have many friends in HS either, maybe three. 1 is in the military, 2 live together and i went to their place a few months ago to hang out but all they want to do is play WoW and i haven't talked to either one since that a few days after that.

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
I think your best bet is to create a friend.

You could get a hand puppet to act as the physical entity, kind of like that guy from South Park.

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
It looks like its going to rain so outside activities are pretty much out of the question, no movies to watch, TV sucks, bored of all the games I have and can't think of any I want to buy.

any suggestions?

club / bar...dude you want to meet girls, remember!

imported_nightfox

Apr 30, 2007
Originally posted by: Accipiter22
It looks like its going to rain so outside activities are pretty much out of the question, no movies to watch, TV sucks, bored of all the games I have and can't think of any I want to buy.

any suggestions?

:thumbsup:

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Accipiter22

any suggestions?

but i'm sick (a cold or some ****** - stuffy nose, nasty cough, sore throat, sinus pressure) so that won't work so well. plus i don't drink much. i end up having a few drinks a year, if that. Haven't had any alcohol so far this year.

i also don't really enjoy the bar atmosphere.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: MagicConch
then coffee house, in the rain there should be plenty of people there

can't stand coffee, lol
doesn't fix me being sick either...

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: nightfox
tea(green) house then ;)

do they sell iced tea? because i don't like hot tea either.
in fact, i don't like any hot/warm beverages. not even hot chocolate

Tommouse

Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: RichUK
Get some lego.
I was bored too, and I did end up getting some legos :). This is the one I got an Imperial Landing Craft. I then saw this and this!!! :D

OT: Maybe there is a club or something that you like that you could join to meet some people. All you need is a couple, then you could meld into their network of friends and whatnot.