bored to death

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
It looks like its going to rain so outside activities are pretty much out of the question, no movies to watch, TV sucks, bored of all the games I have and can't think of any I want to buy.

any suggestions?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: AgaBoogaBoo
call up a few people and play poker, easy way to pass tons of time and have fun.

i don't know anyone.

i'm looking for something interactive more than passive btw.

Flyback

Golden Member
Sep 20, 2006
Do you get bored often? It escapes me how anyone can ever be bored. At least, not since being a child (when you couldn't control your own life and do what you want, when you want). There are so many things out there to do, to learn, understand and take part in.

Perhaps you might try reading? Give some Saturday afternoon philosophy a shot ;) Or perhaps just Google your way around and research something you've always wanted to know (ie how something in works that you've often contemplated while driving to school or work or while in the grocer).

Newfie

Jun 15, 2005
Once you dive into something interesting on Wikipedia it's hard to stop going deeper. It's a nice time sink =)

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I'm in the same boat as you. I could've rode with my roommate 2 hours to a get together with some good friends but I just wasn't feeling it. I'm pretty sick of going out to the bars here. Actually I've been like that for quite a few months. Who would've thought it would take 6-8 months after 21 to get sick of the bars?! :)

TV is crap except a few shows, I've watched a lot of movies lately anyway, and I've burned way too much time on forums and the internet lately.

I got a million games I feel like I'd like to play (C&C3, racers, Stalker, Source/Valve games, BF2, NHL, Xbox games like Forza, Deathrow, NG:Black, etc etc) but just never do it.

I want to be productive... so I'll probably try to fix my Xbox yet again, do homework, goto the store for a few things, or clean up/arrange my room and kitchen more as I moved here last week.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: pontifex
call up a few people and play poker, easy way to pass tons of time and have fun.

i don't know anyone.

you don't know anyone? not one person?

take a jog in the park?

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000

i don't know anyone.

Wow, that explains your post count. How about you make some friends?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Flyback
Do you get bored often? It escapes me how anyone can ever be bored. At least, not since being a child (when you couldn't control your own life and do what you want, when you want). There are so many things out there to do, to learn, understand and take part in.

Perhaps you might try reading? Give some Saturday afternoon philosophy a shot ;) Or perhaps just Google your way around and research something you've always wanted to know (ie how something in works that you've often contemplated while driving to school or work or while in the grocer).

yes, i get bored often. i could read, but i read a lot already and liek i said, i want something more intereactive.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: moshquerade

i don't know anyone.

take a jog in the park?

i know 1 person who lives about 45 minutes away. he's pretty much my only real friend but he's married and has lots of things he does on his own.

its going to rain soon if it hasn't already started, otherwise i would go outside and do some target shooting.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: moshquerade

i don't know anyone.

take a jog in the park?

i know 1 person who lives about 45 minutes away. he's pretty much my only real friend but he's married and has lots of things he does on his own.

its going to rain soon if it hasn't already started, otherwise i would go outside and do some target shooting.
you won't melt. ;)

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: jman19

i don't know anyone.

Wow, that explains your post count. How about you make some friends?

actually, 99% of my posting is done at work. Its not often that i post when I'm at home.
I don't know how to make any friends or even where to go. i live in a very rural area and have a 45 minute drive to the nearest city where there is anything to do.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Weren't you thinking about taking some college classes again? A few classes, probably at night due to work, would help with boredom, help you meet people, and if you kept up with it, a degree might help you into a job you don't hate.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: duragezic
Weren't you thinking about taking some college classes again? A few classes, probably at night due to work, would help with boredom, help you meet people, and if you kept up with it, a degree might help you into a job you don't hate.

yeah, i was, but i haven't acted on it since i went to see the counselor.

MegaVovaN

Diamond Member
May 20, 2005
Quoting my psychology teacher:

If you are bored often, you are just a boring person, you have no interest in your life.