Bob Woodward: Trump's aides stole his papers 'to protect the country'

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Trump says he's going to write the real truth after Woodward's book is out.

My suggested title "Mein Kampfefe"

I am expecting more pics of that dumbass sitting behind an empty desk with a sharpie in one hand and a blank pad in the other pretending to be doing something he could never actually do.

Will end up with something ghostwritten by Dinesh D'Souza and a forward from Jeanine Pirro.

Reactions: esquared

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Of course, George Soros and company, the elites, the controllers have you licking their boots willingly. Literally all of today's leftits thoughts are not your own, they were programmed by the TV, programs like CNN and others and they are called programs for a reason, they program the viewers.

Everything leftist are doing is because they want you to!

Oh God :roll:

This has to be a joke account. It literally ticks every box.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
ooh my copy arrived today so will see what this is all about

first Trump book I have bought...wanted to give it some time

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
I bought the Wolff book (Fire and Fury) and it was a waste of time. But I'm looking forward to getting my copy of the Woodward book! Yeehaw!

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
What feelings? The only SJW snowlfake here, with complete and utter ignorance is you! Do you read, do you even know how to read? If you do, do you actually have a brain? Serious question, for real. Because I repeated myself at least 10 times now that I'm not a republican, don't like Trump at all, I disagree with MOST of his policies, I even wrote some of those policies few times here already! So what emotions are you talking about?

The only emotional ignoramus here is you!

And again, stop with the INSANE BULLSHIT! You are crazy! Did you not watch the youtube video I linked? Jimmy Dore, one of yours explains it extremely well. They were charged on TAX and CORRUPTION charges! Can you read, can you see, can you compute, do you even have a brain? Completely unrelated charges and convictions!

Of course Russia and Israel and China and Saudi Arabia and a whole host of other nations try to sway US politics and policies, especially ones pertaining to them! Everyone does it, the USA does it.

Trying to influence policy and stuff is completely separate from Trump working for Putin. That is just retardation town! You might as well believe in big foot or chupakabra.

Russia probably tried and FAILED to influence US policies, on the other hand Israel is influencing policies out in the open! There is video of Benjamin bragging how he controls the USA and can get all of the politicians to do whatever he wants, ON VIDEO! But again, that doesn't hurt Trump, so who cares if Israel controls the USA and Benjamin Nethanyahu brags about it on video? Who cares? We can't get Trump on it, we can't hate on Trump with it, so who cares about actual US meddling by a foreign power!

Not to mention the 20 or so dual Israeli-USA citizens who serve in government, from congress, senate to the white house. Duel Citizens voting in the congress and senate and forming policies.

This whole thing is just laughable, but dumb idiots keep on buying it, because you can hate on Trump. That is all you care about. Again I've never seen leftist in congress, in media, social media and even in forums actually discuss policies, actually engage in a debate. Its always republicans are evil, racist, sexist, bigots, we libtards are perfect angels and anyone who doesn't think exactly like cnn brainwashed us needs to be shut down by any means necessary and at all costs!

This guy is unhinged.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I think it was CNN that aired a show recently WATERGATE - ALL THE PRESIDENTS MEN - REVISITED (something like that) where they went over the making of the film All The Presidents Men.
Must of been old because many of the guests are dead, like Ben Bradlee.
What was interesting was watching Bob Woodward talk about the Nixon era and his reporting on Watergate.
In short, after watching that and watching Bob Woodward explain how he covered the Nixon Watergate scandal, I totally believe every single word in the new book from Bob Woodward.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
He explains why Poland is turning into a steaming pile of shit.

Poland is reacting to a number of things, give em time to turn it around.. They have taken the Putin bate for now(that does not == pro Russia, it just means collapse of key democratic infrastructures).. we gotta give them a better alternative.

Reactions: feralkid

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
OK, we got our copy from Amazon yesterday. Read the first 30 pages last night. Besides what the public already knows, there are some tidbits in there which are awesome.

First is the story about how Trump became "pro-life" (whatever that means) in 30 seconds.

Back in 2010, Republican operative David Bosie, along with Steven Bannon who at the time didn't know Trump very well, went to talk to Trump about his desire to run for POTUS. Bannon didn't think Trump was serious at the time. So they try to explain to him the requirements for successfully winning a republican primary. I'll just quote this:

"First off, there's never been a guy win a Republican primary that's not pro-life," Bossie said. "And unfortunately, you're very pro-choice."

"What does that mean?"

"You have a record of giving to the abortion guys, the pro-choice candidates. You've made statements. You've got to be pro-life, against abortion."

"I'm against abortion," Trump said. "I'm pro life."

"Well, you've got a track record."

"That can be fixed," Trump said. "You just tell me how to fix that. I'm-what do you call it? Pro-life. I'm pro-life, I'm telling you."

Trump didn't even know what you call someone who is against abortion until he decided in that moment he was suddenly against abortion. LOL hero of the religious right.

dingster1

Mar 25, 2004
I don’t normally read political stuff bit I skimmed this on Amazon and may pick it up...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Another awesome tidbit. Just one more spoiler. I can't help it.

In that same conversation I mentioned above, Trump describes himself as a "popularist." After Bannon tries to tell him that the word he's looking for is "populist" Trump nods and again mispronounces the word as "popularist." Woodward then suggests, and I agree, that evidently Trump's understanding of "populism" is being popular. LMAO

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
OK, we got our copy from Amazon yesterday. Read the first 30 pages last night. Besides what the public already knows, there are some tidbits in there which are awesome.

First is the story about how Trump became "pro-life" (whatever that means) in 30 seconds.

Back in 2010, Republican operative David Bosie, along with Steven Bannon who at the time didn't know Trump very well, went to talk to Trump about his desire to run for POTUS. Bannon didn't think Trump was serious at the time. So they try to explain to him the requirements for successfully winning a republican primary. I'll just quote this:

"First off, there's never been a guy win a Republican primary that's not pro-life," Bossie said. "And unfortunately, you're very pro-choice."

"What does that mean?"

"You have a record of giving to the abortion guys, the pro-choice candidates. You've made statements. You've got to be pro-life, against abortion."

"I'm against abortion," Trump said. "I'm pro life."

"Well, you've got a track record."

"That can be fixed," Trump said. "You just tell me how to fix that. I'm-what do you call it? Pro-life. I'm pro-life, I'm telling you."

Trump didn't even know what you call someone who is against abortion until he decided in that moment he was suddenly against abortion. LOL hero of the religious right.

The passages following that are amazing too, how they confront Trump about his voting record. Bannon and his buddy point out Trump has only voted in one Republican primary in his whole life and Trump immediately lies and says 'no, I always vote!'. When they point out they know he's lying because it's public record his response is first to lie again and then second to say 'wait, really? People can see that?'

They do the same thing again with donations where Trump starts out lying, they point out it's public record, and he responds 'wait, really???'.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

In that same conversation I mentioned above, Trump describes himself as a "popularist." After Bannon tries to tell him that the word he's looking for is "populist" Trump nods and again mispronounces the word as "popularist." Woodward then suggests, and I agree, that evidently Trump's understanding of "populism" is being popular. LMAO

Only the most stable of genuises can be as good at presidenting as Trump.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

That sounds like fake news from an amonynyminous source.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The passages following that are amazing too, how they confront Trump about his voting record. Bannon and his buddy point out Trump has only voted in one Republican primary in his whole life and Trump immediately lies and says 'no, I always vote!'. When they point out they know he's lying because it's public record his response is first to lie again and then second to say 'wait, really? People can see that?'

They do the same thing again with donations where Trump starts out lying, they point out it's public record, and he responds 'wait, really???'.

Yep, it's all consistent with what we've seen of Trump. His first instinct is to always falsely deny anything that could harm him. Without even thinking. Because it's practically hardwired instinct for Trump to lie, he does it so quickly the thought that someone can disprove what he's saying doesn't even occur to him until after the lie is out of his mouth. Like in the debate where he claimed he never said global warming is a Chinese hoax. Probably didn't occur to him at the time he said it that people could just go check his twitter feed.

I haven't gotten to the part about Dowd yet, but I understand why Dowd was saying he had a "disability" which prevented him from testifying truthfully. It's almost like Trump literally can't help it.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yep, it's all consistent with what we've seen of Trump. His first instinct is to always falsely deny anything that could harm him. Without even thinking. Because it's practically hardwired instinct for Trump to lie, he does it so quickly the thought that someone can disprove what he's saying doesn't even occur to him until after the lie is out of his mouth. Like in the debate where he claimed he never said global warming is a Chinese hoax. Probably didn't occur to him at the time he said it that people could just go check his twitter feed.

I haven't gotten to the part about Dowd yet, but I understand why Dowd was saying he had a "disability" which prevented him from testifying truthfully. It's almost like Trump literally can't help it.

I don't think Trump even remembers much of what he said in the past. He just makes shit up as he goes along in response to the situation. He's a bullshit artist. They have no moral compass beyond winning at whatever it is. He'll say anything to do that.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007

Reminds me of this:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I don't think Trump even remembers much of what he said in the past. He just makes shit up as he goes along in response to the situation. He's a bullshit artist. They have no moral compass beyond winning at whatever it is. He'll say anything to do that.

He most definitely remembers at least some of the things he denies though. In the subsequent pages, they explain that it's a problem for him that he's given so much money to democrats. He denies this, then quickly says, "wait, they have a record of stuff like that?" He then explains in detail how and why he's given so much money to democrats.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
He most definitely remembers at least some of the things he denies though. In the subsequent pages, they explain that it's a problem for him that he's given so much money to democrats. He denies this, then quickly says, "wait, they have a record of stuff like that?" He then explains in detail how and why he's given so much money to democrats.

Yes, I know it's a normal human reaction to give someone the benefit of the doubt because it's hard to imagine someone lies this much, about everything, even in private to people trying to help him.

I feel like it's long since time we put that idea out to pasture with Trump though. He doesn't seem to have any notable memory problems, he just lies. Constantly and purposefully.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Yes, I know it's a normal human reaction to give someone the benefit of the doubt because it's hard to imagine someone lies this much, about everything, even in private to people trying to help him.

I feel like it's long since time we put that idea out to pasture with Trump though. He doesn't seem to have any notable memory problems, he just lies. Constantly and purposefully.

All I can say is, it's too bad Trump will likely never be interviewed by Mueller. Too bad his lawyers and aids seem to have talked him out of it. Dowd was right. Trump would perjure himself at least 10 times an hour. He wouldn't have the self-control to not do it.