BLM: In light of everything we know today were their issues valid?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
If you have a police force with 3 racist cops and the other 1000 good cops don't turn them in then you have 1003 bad cops.
Police should be more outraged than anyone by these bad seeds who make they look horrible. Bringing these individuals to justice and holding them up as examples of what happens if you're a bad cop would go a long way. Unfortunately, with few exceptions, the oposit is true and that is a big part of the problem.

Nov 8, 2012
If you have a police force with 3 racist cops and the other 1000 good cops don't turn them in then you have 1003 bad cops.

Right... Because... people that are racist actively walk down the street and are in the locker room with their buds yelling all the time "Boy howdy, I'd love to place my knee on an n**** throat today"

And then the rest of the cops say YEEEEEEE HAWWW that's right!

You have an incredibly narrow mind to have such a warped sense of reality of our society.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Right... Because... people that are racist actively walk down the street and are in the locker room with their buds yelling all the time "Boy howdy, I'd love to place my knee on an n**** throat today"

You have an incredibly narrow mind to have such a warped sense of reality of our society.

And this is why no one takes you seriously...or should.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I disagrtee wholly. There are approximately 800,000 police officers in the country, and we have a handful who commit these atrocious acts. Punishing the 99% for the actions of the 1% isnt right at all.

Collective punishment being the result of individuals not adhering to orders/requirements is an established and proven tactic with knuckleheads. Call it incentive to not do what is already illegal.

Seeing as how the collective behavior of a department's 'code of silence' can be so detrimental to justice being carried out I don't think the concept is inappropriate. Cops can find ways to make more money. The people they've killed don't get a second chance at anything.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Tell me something Skippy, if I don't have a point why was this guy ever allowed to put on a fucking uniform ever, especially in a minority community? This is EXACTLY what I was talking about. You are an idiot.
I worked with people like the president of my police academy class, who sent out an email after President Obama won the 2008 election that included the statement, "I can't believe I live in a country full of ni**er lovers!!!!!!!!" He patrolled the streets in St. Louis in a number of black communities with the authority to act under the color of law.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I knew it was bad in Mn, I didnt know it was this bad

haFIiSD.png

Reactions: DarthKyrie and dawp

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I disagrtee wholly. There are approximately 800,000 police officers in the country, and we have a handful who commit these atrocious acts. Punishing the 99% for the actions of the 1% isnt right at all.
That saying has been used for years to deflect attention from ALL the bad cops.......
That is such a crock of shit!! Any Policeman who stands by and does nothing or who knows and does not report a bad cop is also complicit!
99% of cops are bad cops! That is a fact!

Reactions: DarthKyrie

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Police should be more outraged than anyone by these bad seeds who make they look horrible. Bringing these individuals to justice and holding them up as examples of what happens if you're a bad cop would go a long way. Unfortunately, with few exceptions, the oposit is true and that is a big part of the problem.
But for some reason they are not outraged! You know why? Because 99% of all cops are bad cops or afraid of losing their job if they snitch on a bad cop!!

Reactions: DarthKyrie

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

Damn you are so full of it! In fact you need to tell Mortician before you die that they should give you an enema so when you die, you can fit in the casket!!

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
But for some reason they are not outraged! You know why? Because 99% of all cops are bad cops or afraid of losing their job if they snitch on a bad cop!!

It's funny. They'll endlessly blame the black community for "not snitching," so the enemies of themselves; but when it's "innocent cops," it's all good.

One thing I know is that none of these chuds would have lasted a week in bootcamp if they actually believe that the group shouldn't be punished for the acts of the individual.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005

There are approximately 800,000 police officers in the country and every single one of them have actively assisted in obstructing justice of the 1% that do this sort of thing.
As long as they cover for the atrocious acts of the 1% they are part of the problem. The thin blue line is another way of saying snitches get stitches.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
But isn't that how it works in business? Where just a few bad actors can tank an entire company? And which is why businesses take strong precautions against those potential bad actors.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
To demand that the state governments uphold their Constitutional requirement of providing all citizens with equal protection of the laws.

If their goal is to be treated the same as white people, they would be sorely disappointed. It would have to go further than that. Police brutality doesn't just happen to black people.

But isn't that how it works in business? Where just a few bad actors can tank an entire company? And which is why businesses take strong precautions against those potential bad actors.

A small ass number plus a small ass number is still a small ass number. The amount of black people killed unarmed and without a mile long rap sheet (and not resisting/fighting/etc) is a small proportion of all police-civilian killings.

Dec 10, 2005
If their goal is to be treated the same as white people, they would be sorely disappointed. It would have to go further than that. Police brutality doesn't just happen to black people.

A small ass number plus a small ass number is still a small ass number. The amount of black people killed unarmed and without a mile long rap sheet (and not resisting/fighting/etc) is a small proportion of all police-civilian killings.
Racists say what?

1) Doesn't matter how long someone's criminal history is. Doesn't justify extrajudicial killings by state actors
2) So much malfeasance has occurred that we can no longer give police the benefit of the doubt. The idea that people are "resisting", especially with all the videos that have come to light over the last 20 years suggests that there are many liars on the force
3) Police unions and departments continue to fight real accountability changes and they proven time and time again that they cannot police themselves. The barrel is rotting
4) Police violence disproportionately falls on people of color, on top of all the other systemic issues that fall on their communities

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The smoking of cannabis has absolutely no political attachments anymore that I can tell. Can't stand half the long haired dope smoking rednecks that are out there in droves anymore.

However its not easy to get worked up to the point shouting weed-shirt guy appears to be while stoned out!

;)

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

I've had significant legal trouble in my life (many years ago) along with a big wise-acre mouth yet I've never once been treated with anything but respect from LEO's even when it was not deserved.

However I have black friends (including my buddy's son who is an MD) who have never been in a bit of trouble but have had the opposite experience.

Obviously straight-up racism. Anyone who denies it is part of the problem.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
The amount of black people killed unarmed and without a mile long rap sheet (and not resisting/fighting/etc) is a small proportion of all police-civilian killings.
Okay, granted the number of black people that the police murder in cold blood is relatively small compared to all the people the police kill overall. What is your point again? Are you suggesting that because the police kill way more people then they murder we should not be concerned? What percentage of murders to non-murder killings should concern us then?

Reactions: DarthKyrie and FaaR