Blizzard banned/suspended Starcraft 2 single player cheaters lulz

lsv

Golden Member
Dec 18, 2009
Article;

http://www.cheathappens.com/article_blizzardbans.asp

I haven't played the campaign and pretty much only play 1v1 so this is funny to me.

I can understand the point though. Blizzard put a lot of work into the badges or whatnot in the SP campaign and for the challenges.

But seriously, it's single player. Who cares?

SC1/BW and SC2 will be competitive multi-player games first and foremost.

Anyway... Thoughts?

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
holy crap... bet im banned too then.. never got an email but i use cheathappens trainer in SC2 for single player fun all the time..

oh well didnt really care much for it anyway..

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Simply retarded. I don't give a crap what a person does to alter their experience in single player and they shouldn't be suspended/banned for it either.

Multiplayer I'm all for bannes, not even suspensions, flat out ban cheaters.

I'm sure everyone has used a cheat at sometime in their life in single player, be it cause a part is too hard or they simply want to change things or make it more fun. Whatever the reason is, it shouldn't matter, it isn't effecting anyone else.

htwingnut

Jun 11, 2008
Wow, just wow. WTF? Stupid as hell to ban for single player. Who cares? It's not affecting anyone else in any way shape or form. I'm really beginning to regret supporting BlizzAct, not that a few lost sales would hurt them anyhow.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I tried the god-mode word code but it wasn't even fun that way.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Who the flying fuck gives a flying fuck about single player?
Most of the hardcore online guys never even touch the campaign anyways.
And this is PRECISELY why I didnt want a single player game which requires signing in online every single damn time I play. If something god awful happens you are locked out of the game forever.
Ditto Half-life 2 and Steam.

This is part of the grand DRM scheme that is making PC gaming very unpleasant, and sadly too many people are still willing to put up with it and buy games.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
lol that is what you get

Its silly, but you know what you are getting into when you cheat in an online environment (even singleplayer is online)

Bryf50

Golden Member
Nov 11, 2006
Remember that we are trusting the word of a cheater. Usually banned cheaters will say anything to make it seem like an accident or not their fault.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Thats BS. I used money cheat codes in the SP just to see the cutscenes and story. Better not be banned from Bnet when I test it to night. I don't give a rats balls about badges or achievements.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
O’Rorke said of his website. “It may take extra time on our part to safely separate the trainer's functions so that they only work in single player modes..."
Seems to imply that the cheats do work or affect gameplay in someway during online multi player sessions. So, Blizzard is right in it's reactions. It is not Blizzard's responsibility to ensure each player is only using cheats in single player mode.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Thats BS. I used money cheat codes in the SP just to see the cutscenes and story. Better not be banned from Bnet when I test it to night. I don't give a rats balls about badges or achievements.

Cheat codes are built into the game. They were banning over using an extra app to hack other things not originally designed to be hacked.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
So, Blizzard is right in it's reactions. It is not Blizzard's responsibility to ensure each player is only using cheats in single player mode.

Uh, no, they're not right. They can ban cheaters from Bnet, and they should. But since you have to log into Bnet to even play SP, banning you effectively renders the game unplayable and worthless. I must have missed the part where Blizzard can dictate how I play a single player game.

Muscles

Jul 16, 2003
Uh, no, they're not right. They can ban cheaters from Bnet, and they should. But since you have to log into Bnet to even play SP, banning you effectively renders the game unplayable and worthless. I must have missed the part where Blizzard can dictate how I play a single player game.

^This post couldn't be more retarded. The single player now contains achievements which must be earned. People are being banned because they are downloading 3rd party hacks to obtain them. I don't have any sympathy for all the morons getting banned.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
^This post couldn't be more retarded. The single player now contains achievements which must be earned. People are being banned because they are downloading 3rd party hacks to obtain them. I don't have any sympathy for all the morons getting banned.

I dont have any sympathy for people who believe "achievements" are actually achievements. They are merely nerd badges signifying you have more free time than other people. I feel sorry for folks whose enjoyment is somehow magically decreased by something else someone didnt or didnt perform. It makes absolutely no difference to their lives in the virtual world and shouldn't cause repercussions in the real world. Its stupid.

MentalIlness

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2009
I think this is funny to be honest. And I for one, hope all game companies do this. If a person wants to hack/cheat....ban them for life. That is what they deserve. And I am inclined to believe that the people that do not like what Blizzard is doing, Hacks/cheats themselves on a regular basis whether it be single player or multiplayer.

Keep up the good work Blizzard.

I hope Diablo III implements this as well.

Honestly though, why should any one really give a damn if Blizzard does this unless that person is cheating themselves ?

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Wtf stupid. I don't care about achievements. Or if there is a fuss, make it such that any SP cheat detected, hack or not, invalidates any achievements earned during the session. Why does common sense seem to be lacking from many companies?

I didn't cheat in the SP campaign (haven't even finished) but I really don't give a shit.

Go and cheat in SP all you want. I care about MP cheating.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I think this is funny to be honest. And I for one, hope all game companies do this. If a person wants to hack/cheat....ban them for life. That is what they deserve. And I am inclined to believe that the people that do not like what Blizzard is doing, Hacks/cheats themselves on a regular basis whether it be single player or multiplayer.

Keep up the good work Blizzard.

I hope Diablo III implements this as well.

Honestly though, why should any one really give a damn if Blizzard does this unless that person is cheating themselves ?

They better not. I'd rather have no achievements in single player, and be allowed to hack it, then have achievements and not be able to. In diablo 2 I always ran a hack in single player to add level and equipment to my character... which is the quickest way to test out a build idea. I can find a new way of building up a character, than go for that legitimately in multi.

I understand banning for giving yourself an unfair edge in multiplayer, but I should be able to do whatever the fuck I want if I'm playing by myself.

I'll have a hard time buying DIII now, which I'm very looking forward to.

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001

That's a stupid argument. Wipe their achievements then, and possibly lock them so they can't even earn them legitimately in the future. They're fucking epeen badges. Who gives a shit?

This is probably a pathetic ruse to sell more copies haha.

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I wonder what age groups the cheaters are. Sounds like something my impatient lazy ass son would do - just for something to show off to his friends that he did something cool when he actually took the easy way out.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Wonder how many people that cheat there way through single player games are fine with this always online DRM that's the wave of the future now that stuff like this happens...

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
If those cheats may also affect multi-player, then I would understand such a measure, but if it only affects single-player then I really don't understand it.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
Woah, you can only play single player by logging into bnet in SC2?

If this move to ban single players doesn't encourage someone to write some bnet bypass hack, I don't know what will.