Blackwater Security in Najaf last year... video

jtusa

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2004
Haven't watched the video yet, downloading now, but from what I've read and such, Blackwater contractors are pretty hardcore.

They make some serious bank too. I've heard the experienced ones are making upwards of $20,000/month while they're over there.

whistleclient

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2001
was it this incident?

On Monday, eight commandos from Blackwater Security Consulting repulsed an attack by the militiamen of Shiite cleric Moqtada Sadr against the Coalition Provisional Authority headquarters in Najaf. After hours of calling the U.S. military and CPA for backup, Blackwater sent in its own helicopters -- twice -- to ferry ammunition in and carry a wounded Marine to safety, according to U.S. government and industry sources familiar with the incident.

--washington post april 8,2004

Flash1969

Golden Member
May 11, 2001
Originally posted by: tangent1138
is this legit?

This video and others like it are posted on Ogrish often, you should check it out...

be aware, there are a lot of gruesome videos on that site. I will not watch most of what is posted there, but they have some tame videos like this one there as well....

Feb 24, 2001
was it this incident?

On Monday, eight commandos from Blackwater Security Consulting repulsed an attack by the militiamen of Shiite cleric Moqtada Sadr against the Coalition Provisional Authority headquarters in Najaf. After hours of calling the U.S. military and CPA for backup, Blackwater sent in its own helicopters -- twice -- to ferry ammunition in and carry a wounded Marine to safety, according to U.S. government and industry sources familiar with the incident.

Vid is dated August 9th

And a lot of these guys are former military, or decided that why try out for special forces, when you can do the same thing in grounds like BW and get payed 10x as much and not be in the military.

It'd be pretty fun I'd think. I don't have kids or a wife or a family to worry about. Granted I'd rather be doing it against the Nazis or something and not people trying to defend their country.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
was it this incident?

Vid is dated August 9th

And a lot of these guys are former military, or decided that why try out for special forces, when you can do the same thing in grounds like BW and get payed 10x as much and not be in the military.

It'd be pretty fun I'd think. I don't have kids or a wife or a family to worry about. Granted I'd rather be doing it against the Nazis or something and not people trying to defend their country.

Moron. You know nothing.

BuckNaked

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
was it this incident?

I am pretty sure thats it...

Vid is dated August 9th

Vdieo says April 9, not August 9.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Originally posted by: OdiN
was it this incident?

Vid is dated August 9th

Moron. You know nothing.
Sounds to me like he has it right on the money....

jtusa

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2004
Originally posted by: PokerGuy
was it this incident?

Vid is dated August 9th

Moron. You know nothing.

Not really.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: jtusa
was it this incident?

Vid is dated August 9th

Moron. You know nothing.

Not really.

Really? Explain it to us then, since you know so much.

I have a hard time beliving all these people are just "terrorists" and are just filled with hate for "freedom". Have you ever though they just might not like American's fvcking up the Middle East?

jtusa

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Tab
was it this incident?

Vid is dated August 9th

Moron. You know nothing.

Not really.

I have a hard time beliving all these people are just "terrorists" and are just filled with hate for "freedom". Have you ever though they just might not like American's fvcking up the Middle East?

I thought he was referring to something else, the Blackwater thing, since that's what this thread is about. This isn't P&N and I'm not going to get into a debate with you over Iraq. Nice try...

Feb 24, 2001
was it this incident?

Vid is dated August 9th

Moron. You know nothing.

Not really.

I thought he was referring to something else, the Blackwater thing, since that's what this thread is about. This isn't P&N and I'm not going to get into a debate with you over Iraq. Nice try...

Mercenaries (for lack of a better term) have ALWAYS been the top fighters in any war except WWI and WWII. They got a bad rap in the 60s in Rep. of Congo. But In Angolia and Sierra Leone, Executive Outcomes decimated enemies in the tens of thousands with only 300 men, paving the way for the modern day Blackwaters.

Sounds like you are the one who knows nothing.

jtusa

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2004
was it this incident?

Vid is dated August 9th

Moron. You know nothing.

Not really.

Mercenaries (for lack of a better term) have ALWAYS been the top fighters in any war except WWI and WWII. They got a bad rap in the 60s in Rep. of Congo. But In Angolia and Sierra Leone, Executive Outcomes decimated enemies in the tens of thousands with only 300 men, paving the way for the modern day Blackwaters.

Sounds like you are the one who knows nothing.

You're an idiot, I know contractors are most of the time better than regular army. That's why I was disagreeing with him. Nevermind.....

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
They seem extremely calm considering that they're killing dozens of people while they chat.

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
Originally posted by: Nebor
They seem extremely calm considering that they're killing dozens of people while they chat.

What do you want them to do start crying and curl up into a ball?

Sounded like it was just another day in Iraq for them.

spaceghost21

May 22, 2004
I enjoyed it a lot, I'd try to find more. though, some of the stuff I've seen on ogrish keeps me from returning.